Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Surely if these are for customer deliveries - we should have a mix of colours.

Unless the other transporter from facebook has different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Not my photos!

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

That was a different transporter to the one I seen, wonder how many there are

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Hopefully this is the start of regular supply and some people get 'the call' today or next week.

Thanks for the photos Markjsca1!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Before anyone gets too excited - DC Motor Co have had a couple of their Model 3s land. Check out their Instagram page. Might not be for Tesla Sandyford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Mix of P and SR+, nice 1 good to see....at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

hatrack wrote: »
    Before anyone gets too excited - DC Motor Co have had a couple of their Model 3s land. Check out their Instagram page. Might not be for Tesla Sandyford!

As far as I can tell they only have two or three on hand. There's 6 per transporter and there's been a few of those so I would presume these are for Tesla Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Didn't UFO Rentals say they were waiting for 12 Model3s - presumably these are for them?

(just kidding, I hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Boo, no white performance in those photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

When I log into my Tesla account the booking invoice is no longer showing up.... Probably means nothing as I am order #260ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Any of the grey 18" wheel ones with "dual motor" on the back? Asking for a friend. ;)

jv2000 wrote: »
    When I log into my Tesla account the booking invoice is no longer showing up.... Probably means nothing as I am order #260ish.

So the question is then, is priority given to res holders?

e.g. if you are maybe order 100 but were 10th to reserve and a car with your spec appears, will you get it before a person with the same spec but order 50?

That's the way it should work I think. i.e. they look at the cars arriving and match the spec to the earliest res holder who has an order for that spec.

Do Woodside Freight have an online tracker like the one for maritime traffic? ;):rolleyes::):P

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

EVGuy wrote: »

e.g. if you are maybe order 100 but were 10th to reserve and a car with your spec appears, will you get it before a person with the same spec but order 50?

That's the way it should work I think. i.e. they look at the cars arriving and match the spec to the earliest res holder who has an order for that spec.

Do Woodside Freight have an online tracker like the one for maritime traffic? ;):rolleyes::):P

Yes that seems like the most logical way to do it alright. Hopefully there are plenty more on the way behind these initial loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

My blue Performance one is there anyway!! Can’t see if it’s the white interior or not though

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

They have confirmed that that is NOT the case.

I ordered (but Tesla choose to call it 'reserved') in April 2016, so when the 'place your order page was made public to reservation holders and the general public alike in 2019, I waited a week or so to order because I knew I was a launch-day order holder and did not need to rush.

They have since confirmed that reservation is only used as a tiebreaker when a reservation holder and non-reservation holder 'order' the same spec on the same day.

so 'pay 1000 and get nothing, pay 2000 and get something, pay 3000 and get the exact same as someone who paid 2000' is the net effect of the entire process.

The degree to which I find that disappointing is hard to describe.

@digiman Can we all drop over to wish you bon voyage on delivery day (and throw jealous looks at you too probably, even if unintentionally)? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I work right beside will go have a look now and post

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

See if there's a Long Range black on black......if so can you spray paint my name across it....:D;):D:P

@catharsis That's utterly shocking. I did exactly the same as you. Did Sandyford explain that to you or where did the confirmation come from?
    @jfk75 Using fluo orange plastidip would be a better idea. ;)
    (You can just peel it off later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I did just that. Stopped outside at 3:40. Service doors were half open but only the usual mix of cars inside being worked on. No sign of a delivery of any kind.
    Nothing either on my drive home among the m50.
    Didn’t someone suggest they store them off site?

• Advertisement

I'm assuming the delivery centre is around the other side, at the back from the service entrance? i.e. to the rear of the showroom? ICBW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I'm assuming the delivery centre is around the other side, at the back from the service entrance? i.e. to the rear of the showroom? ICBW.

To the left side? That was half open as well but there wasn’t much going on. I just put the open doors down to the nice weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

4pm today....defo a few more model 3 around than usual but not a great deal of activity.

vKtezP2l.jpg
    DJ5kEFzl.jpg
    1QO1VIAl.jpg
    MpuJbril.jpg
    pSlMNtul.jpg
    JYR6R1xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Red model 3 in Zadar. First time I've seen one in the flesh.
    Lovely looking thing altogether.
    491151.jpg
    491152.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    hatrack wrote: »
    Looks like DC Motor Co still haven’t gotten their Model 3s in - do they definitely buy in from the UK? Might head out there this weekend to see what the story is.

What are they charging for these? I see they only have POA listed online.

SR+@€;53,000 (don’t know what interior i’d Imagine black with that little mark up in retail still €4K more than list...
    They have 9 ordered and and there are two still available. One is Blue don’t know what the other is.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

catharsis wrote: »
    They have confirmed that that is NOT the case.

I ordered (but Tesla choose to call it 'reserved') in April 2016, so when the 'place your order page was made public to reservation holders and the general public alike in 2019, I waited a week or so to order because I knew I was a launch-day order holder and did not need to rush.

They have since confirmed that reservation is only used as a tiebreaker when a reservation holder and non-reservation holder 'order' the same spec on the same day.

so 'pay 1000 and get nothing, pay 2000 and get something, pay 3000 and get the exact same as someone who paid 2000' is the net effect of the entire process.

The degree to which I find that disappointing is hard to describe.

They (the Dutch office) told me in May/June that the deposit holders will get sooner.

@smokybacon That could just mean people who already have a deposit vs new orders. Some of us have 2 deposits, res deposit + booking deposit. So if that was a direct quote, it still could be open to interpretation or mean the people who just put in an order deposit first get priority.

So much "wiggle room" in the way things are worded these days. :(

A society where "unlimited" no longer means unlimited, "all you can eat" does not actually mean all you can eat etc.

It looks like UFO drive think they will have at least one M3 available on the 2nd of October:

https://booking.ufodrive.com/booking?address=6&carModel=T3002&image=0&location=DUBLINCITY1

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

It looks like UFO drive think they will have at least one M3 available on the 2nd of October:

https://booking.ufodrive.com/booking?address=6&carModel=T3002&image=0&location=DUBLINCITY1

Chances are they will get some of the first cars. Being a commercial buyer there's a bigger chance of repeat business for Tesla so they'll try to keep them happy.

• Advertisement

I'm tempted to do a 2 day test drive, but if I love it, a potential wait of another 3+ months would be even worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement