Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

jusmeig wrote: »
    Erm...Thanks crazy Elon!?

Now how hard would it have been for Tesla HQ or Tesla Ireland to tell us that weeks ago? While I'm annoyed at the delays, I'll get over it but bad customer service is unforgivable from such a "customer focused" company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

jfk75 wrote: »
    Now how hard would it have been for Tesla HQ or Tesla Ireland to tell us that weeks ago? While I'm annoyed at the delays, I'll get over it but bad customer service is unforgivable from such a "customer focused" company.

Don't get angry, get even. Take the battle to Twitter...

jusmeig wrote: »
    Don't get angry, get even. Take the battle to Twitter...
    Way ahead of you! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

AA

AA cant quote for the SR+, only the performance.

Has anyone found an insurance company to quote for the SR+ yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Axa cover all Tesla model 3’s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Got to rent the Model 3 Performance in Seattle for a full day and it has definitely convinced me to go ahead and buy one. Already have the €2k deposit paid but never really seen that as a big commitment I guess.

I only had one real issue with the car and that was the reflection of the dash in the side view mirror as mentioned in this thread here. I’m sure this can be overcome with some adjustments or even covering the panel with something less reflective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/az5w2h/safety_concern_with_white_dash_rearview_mirror_is/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

I will try post a detailed review with some photos during the week but just wanted to say this is one hell of a car and the power and acceleration is just something else. Puts a smile on your face a knot in your stomach every time and highly addictive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

digiman wrote: »
    I only had one real issue with the car and that was the reflection of the dash in the side view mirror as mentioned in this thread here. I’m sure this can be overcome with some adjustments or even covering the panel with something less reflective.

May not be as much of an issue given our sunshine index.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

the power and acceleration is just something else. Puts a smile on your face a knot in your stomach every time and highly addictive!!

I'm curious what is your current car to get feeling about power/acceleration difference, is it ICE?

I have a deposit on Model 3 and going to rent it out next month to settle any remaining doubts about the decision :).

P.S. I drive a Leaf 40 which has pretty good torque compared to ICEs

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

I swapped my interior from a white to a black for kinda this reason after one after seeing interiors in person and driving the black interior SR+ for 3 weeks in the US. The glare on the white ceramic bar in the white interior on sunny days (the few we get here) would be a killer. It also kinda draws your eye constantly unlike the more muted wood in the black interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Test drive set up for 27th lunchtime! The countdown is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

phoenix49 wrote: »
    II have a deposit on Model 3 and going to rent it out next month to settle any remaining doubts about the decision :)
    I rented a Model S 75D yesterday which has similar acceleration to the M3 SR+.

The 5.something 0-100kph is completely misleading, as in any performance car I've driven getting those kind of times is a exercise in careful balancing of gears, clutch and throttle. In the Tesla you just mash the go pedal and it fires up the road with perfect traction. I must have done 30 full bore launches just going about my daily business in complete safety and without breaking a speed limit.

That's not to say I don't want a M3P, but with the LR being considerably faster than the S75D I cannot imagine ever feeling shortchanged by the performance. I'd even consider a RWD Model 3 LR if such a thing existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Lumen wrote: »

The 5.something 0-100kph is completely misleading, as in any performance car I've driven getting those kind of times is a exercise in careful balancing of gears, clutch and throttle. In the Tesla you just mash the go pedal and it fires up the road with perfect traction. I must have done 30 full bore launches just going about my daily business in complete safety and without breaking a speed limit.

That's not to say I don't want a M3P, but with the LR being considerably faster than the S75D I cannot imagine ever feeling shortchanged by the performance. I'd even consider a RWD Model 3 LR if such a thing existed.
    It does, just never in RHD so far.
    It was the longest range model.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

phoenix49 wrote: »
    I'm curious what is your current car to get feeling about power/acceleration difference, is it ICE?

I have a deposit on Model 3 and going to rent it out next month to settle any remaining doubts about the decision :).

P.S. I drive a Leaf 40 which has pretty good torque compared to ICEs

I'm not the person you quoted but to give you an idea, I got out of my remapped 535d MSport (Approx 350bhp and 500 foot pounds of torque) and into the Model S 90d. It was immense.

The P100d is unreal.
    I had a Leaf 24 and that would shock a few off the line, my current i3 is even faster IMO and the L40 is not as good off the line as the I3 IMO so you should notice a massive performance boost going to the M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Lumen wrote: »

Some maintain the S75D is good for a 0-60 of 4s. Officially 4.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

AmberGold wrote: »
    Some maintain the S75D is good for a 0-60 of 4s. Officially 4.2.

It depends on whether it's an uncorked Model S75D or not. If it's more that two years old it may have been one of the older models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Mine is just under year old, got caught up in Cannonball run by chance a week or so back, no problems keeping up with a Ferrari and an BMW M6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Teslablue wrote: »
    Axa cover all Tesla model 3’s

Do you have anything to back this up? I tried getting a quote from them Website quote directed me to call them and they explained they won't or can't quote as there is "no registrations" of "high value" Model 3s in the country. Absolutely farcical chicken-and-egg scenario.

I explained that they even have a dedicated webpage for Teslas (https://www.axa.ie/car-insurance/tesla/) but got nowhere and they hung up. I guess they don't have to have much customer service for a compulsory product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Do you have anything to back this up? I tried getting a quote from them Website quote directed me to call them and they explained they won't or can't quote as there is "no registrations" of "high value" Model 3s in the country. Absolutely farcical chicken-and-egg scenario.

I just got a quote, https://www.axa.ie/car-insurance/tesla/

EDIT: My new quote has jumped from €540 to €617 since July when it opened

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

€912 for me on a M3P with AXA.
    Currently paying €299 on my i3 bits that’s with a work group scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Mec-a-nic wrote: »

I explained that they even have a dedicated webpage for Teslas (https://www.axa.ie/car-insurance/tesla/) but got nowhere and they hung up. I guess they don't have to have much customer service for a compulsory product.[/QUOTE

Safari - 17 Sep 2019 at 7:26 p.m..pdf

If it uploads it shows that the axa motor insurance site has or wad as well as perf and sr+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I got a quote for €780 and a follow up email with reference number

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Likewise, 735 with herself on it, I was quoted 1150 in June and 970 last month (from a broker), so it's going in the right direction for me using Axa.

I selected the performance variant.

I was also quite impressed with the information they asked for and the input method versus others that want to know what you had for breakfast last thursday and how many times you pee in a day (or at least it seems that way!).

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

dec2000 wrote: »
    Anybody order recently? Put mine in on the 15th and still only see the order agreement. No invoice so no idea what number I am but more worried something didn't process properly?

Has anybody ordered since the 15th August? Just checked my account and it still only has the order agreement - no booking invoice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Anyone want to PM me a referral as I'm going to place an order?

MaceFace wrote: »
    Anyone want to PM me a referral as I'm going to place an order?
    PM sent mate

Mod Note: Do not post Referral Links

smokybacon wrote: »
    snip

Good luck

Too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Any update from the folks who were contacted by Tesla about delivery by end September?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭batts_not_incl

dec2000 wrote: »
    Has anybody ordered since the 15th August? Just checked my account and it still only has the order agreement - no booking invoice?

Yeah I ordered a week after you and I have the following documents:

Order Agreement
    Booking Invoice
    Non-Core and Gray Market Quick Guide

I was a res holder.

• Advertisement

Yeah I ordered a week after you and I have the following documents:

Order Agreement
    Booking Invoice
    Non-Core and Gray Market Quick Guide

I was a res holder.

I have invoice but no order agreement. It was emailed to me originally though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement