Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭sk8board

Reading back since the excitement (re)started, it sounds like there is quite literally just a handful of phonecalls about deliveries.

This means they aren’t arriving by car ferry for certain. it’s more likely a lorry transporter from the Uk matching early Irish reservations with cancelled orders (hence the specs being delivered are so disparate).

The excuse that it’s to help Sept deliveries is nonsense - even if they delivered every single car by month-end, it wouldn’t move the dial a tiny fraction for their quarterly numbers.

Sounds to me like they are finally listening to their disgruntled Irish buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Wonder were there any Tesla’s on the ferry that capsized or was it just Kia and Hyundai EVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

mouthful wrote: »
    Wonder were there any Tesla’s on the ferry that capsized or was it just Kia and Hyundai EVs?

No, no Tesla's onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Did anyone who got a call get any guidance on an actual delivery time? OR is is more Teslatime.

jusmeig wrote: »
    Did anyone who got a call get any guidance on an actual delivery time? OR is is more Teslatime.

OR....did does anyone who got a call want to give me their car instead........;):rolleyes::):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Will you pay 6k over the Tesla web price? ;)

EVGuy wrote: »
    Will you pay 6k over the Tesla web price? ;)

There's just no kindness left in this world........:D:P:P:P

:)

I was just asking, I'd never gouge someone like that myself. ;)

QQ for order/reservation holders: What number are you seeing yourself listed at in the app lootbox? I'm showing as 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

QQ for order/reservation holders: What number are you seeing yourself listed at in the app lootbox? I'm showing as 5.

Same

• Advertisement

It must just be the order in the list so and unless you are in the top 4, you show as 5. Rather deceptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

It must just be the order in the list so and unless you are in the top 4, you show as 5. Rather deceptive.

where are you guys seeing this in the app?

rduggy wrote: »
    where are you guys seeing this in the app?

Apologies i seen it now - im 5 too

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Boo!
    We write to you regarding your rental with us on Monday 16th September.

We were due to receive our Model 3 vehicles from Tesla this week in advance of commencing rental operations next week. Tesla have unfortunately been unable to deliver on their commitment to us and have advised that our cars will be delayed by at least 2 weeks. We are obviously dissatisfied with this delivery delay and have pushed for an alternative solution which Tesla have not been able to offer.

We are therefore sorry to have to confirm that your car will not be available as reserved for next Monday.

Yay!
    The options for your booking are as follows:
    1. A free upgrade to a Tesla Model S...

Lumen wrote: »
    Boo!

Yay!

Well I suppose if they're saying they'll hopefully deliver to a rental company in about two weeks, maybe there's hope for us "common folks" too.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Is the showroom closed on Saturday? Someone said it was open but the site says it’s closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

TBi wrote: »
    Is the showroom closed on Saturday? Someone said it was open but the site says it’s closed.

Ive been there before on a Saturday and it was open. That was a few months back though. Closed on Sundays AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Does anyone know if Tesla Ireland are offering the 2 years free supercharging on new orders? Tried calling but no answer.

https://electrek.co/2019/09/13/tesla-discounts-free-supercharging-end-of-the-quarter-push/

Also, price of the Model 3 have risen, by £2000 for all Model 3 versions and £3000 for the Performance, the white interior is now £1000 option, instead of £900. All paint colours have gone up also, with Red now £2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

CFC007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Tesla Ireland are offering the 2 years free supercharging on new orders? Tried calling but no answer.

https://electrek.co/2019/09/13/tesla-discounts-free-supercharging-end-of-the-quarter-push/

Also, price of the Model 3 have risen, by £2000 for all Model 3 versions and £3000 for the Performance, the white interior is now £1000 option, instead of £900. All paint colours have gone up also, with Red now £2000.

UK has been the cheapest place in Europe to buy a Model 3 (Norway excepted as they don't charge VAT on BEVs) and Tesla for some reason dropped the prices earlier this year even further. With GBP->USD closing to parity (~1.15 at the lowest) from 1.50 when Model 3 was announced there is plenty of scope for not only Tesla but imported cars getting more expensive in UK.

Most likely will start to normalise the second hand car prices in general also compared to other markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

It should say so when you order online.

• Advertisement

This is a special incentive for people able to take deliver before end of this month in US. Its to get QTR numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Ive been there before on a Saturday and it was open. That was a few months back though. Closed on Sundays AFAIK.

Closed...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I doubt it. They can’t deliver here before end of quarter so there is no incentive, they don’t have RHD stock

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I was supposed to have a test drive last Saturday and it was closed. Travelled from Galway for it. Was fairly pissed off. Still had a nice day out with the family in the city. It was open a previous Saturday we went up when it was just the LHD version in the show room.

goob20s wrote: »
    I was supposed to have a test drive last Saturday and it was closed. Travelled from Galway for it. Was fairly pissed off. Still had a nice day out with the family in the city

I asked for a Saturday spin around 6 weeks ago, they said they were stopping them in a week or two and there were no available slots for the remaining Saturdays. Surprised to learn they are still doing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

I asked for a Saturday spin around 6 weeks ago, they said they were stopping them in a week or two and there were no available slots for the remaining Saturdays. Surprised to learn they are still doing them!
    I asked a while back, probably before you and they never mentioned they were stopping. They didn't even ring me to let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

I’d be fuming.

smokybacon wrote: »
    I’d be fuming.

Why? They told me they were stopping and they seemed to have stopped!

@mouthful I'm sure he meant if you had not been told and drove from Galway to find they were closed.

In other news, Elon just posted that the "undersupply" in the UK and *IRELAND* is the result of errors with "product mix" and logisitcs.

Still no clue as to when this will be resolved of course.

EM: "Should note that these product mix & logistics errors also results in regional *undersupply*, eg UK & Ireland right now, but we don’t raise the prices even so. The intent, at any given moment in time, is: heads we lose, tails buyers win."

If you can call picking up your car months late in the middle of winter "winning" ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Erm...Thanks crazy Elon!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement