Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

rubadub wrote: »
    I got 24x440ml 4.3% heineken cans for €27 in tesco, said reduced from €30. It had Irish references on the cans, thought they were bringing in UK market stuff. On tesco uk site it shows it is 5% there.

This does not show online.

If these were the regular 500ml can that works out at €30.68 for 24x500ml, or €1.28 per 500ml can.

If its the same price per litre I would definitely prefer the smaller size can.

Which tesco was this in? The smaller cans are great. Not as mich waste

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I see Lidl are having a craft beer sale from this Monday 16th. Includes th 7.8% Steam Brew stuff I tried from recommendations on here before.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/award-winning-craft-beer/c949/w2?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Thurs&utm_campaign=crafter

5E73x2s.jpg?1

NKsLIvR.jpg

Most of those Craft Brewing beers are bargains anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Most of those Craft Brewing beers are bargains anyway.

Not sure how you figure that. They’re all pretty average beers.

€1.50 for those would be a bargain. The normal price should be €2

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

in ballybrack, still there yesterday. It's the ideal size for me, if you are drinking from the can the 500ml can go a bit flat & manky towards the end, due to the additional time to drink but also due to the additional swishing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Not as much waste in what sense? I don't know about anyone else but I generally drink all of the contents?

• Advertisement

Not as much waste in what sense? I don't know about anyone else but I generally drink all of the contents?
    I knew a lad who would drink from the can and seriously leave behind nearly the last 1/4 of a can -as he reckoned it had gone manky by then. He would drink full bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I knew a lad who would drink from the can and seriously leave behind nearly the last 1/4 of a can -as he reckoned it had gone manky by then. He would drink full bottles.

Same here, This lad claimed it was all foam at the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,524 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

in ballybrack, still there yesterday. It's the ideal size for me, if you are drinking from the can the 500ml can go a bit flat & manky towards the end, due to the additional time to drink but also due to the additional swishing about.

Pour it into a pint glass, much less sloshing and it'll stay cold longer too.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Not sure how you figure that. They’re all pretty average beers.

€1.50 for those would be a bargain. The normal price should be €2

The IPA and stout are brilliant value. Won't find a better stout at that price.

Pour it into a pint glass, much less sloshing and it'll stay cold longer too.
    I go for half pints or 300ml. You pour half the can and it can sit and not be sloshed about. The first half pint is finished quick enough so you never really get the dreaded end of the pint effect happening.

In pubs I ask for half pint glasses if I get a 500ml bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I go for half pints or 300ml. You pour half the can and it can sit and not be sloshed about. The first half pint is finished quick enough so you never really get the dreaded end of the pint effect happening.

In pubs I ask for half pint glasses if I get a 500ml bottle.

This - simple really.
    Armature hour drinking directly from the can. :p

100% agree. Pitty the 330 ml cans arent available in ireland. You can get 24cans of 330ml 5% heineken in newry for 18 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco have 4x650ml bottles of 5% for €10, as far as I know it's the only way the 5% is sold in this country.

The IPA and stout are brilliant value. Won't find a better stout at that price.

Both very average imo even for the price.

Thin stout and unhoppy ipa. I’ll pass thanks.

Both very average imo even for the price.

Thin stout and unhoppy ipa. I’ll pass thanks.

Fair enough, what stout at 1.79 would you rate as better? The IPA is plenty hoppy and only 2.39.

Fair enough, what stout at 1.79 would you rate as better? The IPA is plenty hoppy and only 2.39.

I would buy 5 bottles of Guiness extra in my local for €11 instead.

Failing that I’d brew a more flavourful, slightly higher percentage stout myself. Really not that hard.

As for the IPA being hoppy, now I know you’re taking the piss. It’s more of a pale ale than an IPA and there’s better pale ales out there.

I don’t buy pale ale that often but I know 8 degrees regularly have 5 bottles of pale ale for a tenner and yes they’re smaller bottles but a much much much better pale ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

snowgal wrote: »
    Yes and lidl French wine sale is on tomorrow too, usually a good few decent offers

Think it starts Sept 30th. In there today, needs a sale to get to what price they should be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,760 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes 25% off any six bottles of wine paid in vouchers in next mail out is on now.
    Some serious value if you have €10 off €50 vouchers to combine with it.

Got 2 slabs of this today in Maynooth. Really happy with the smaller can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Hoboo wrote: »
    Think it starts Sept 30th. In there today, needs a sale to get to what price they should be at.

Really, where did you see that? I saw it on an email from yesterday but when I went to my 2 local stores there was nothing :confused:
    But there is another thread on this where ppl did get really good offers today.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone see any deals on Redbreast, Greenspot or Yellowspot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I would buy 5 bottles of Guiness extra in my local for €11 instead.

Failing that I’d brew a more flavourful, slightly higher percentage stout myself. Really not that hard.

As for the IPA being hoppy, now I know you’re taking the piss. It’s more of a pale ale than an IPA and there’s better pale ales out there.

I don’t buy pale ale that often but I know 8 degrees regularly have 5 bottles of pale ale for a tenner and yes they’re smaller bottles but a much much much better pale ale.

I think you're talking about two different IPAs. There's one for 1.99 which i agree is not good at all but there's another one for 2.49 (think it's labelled as Irish IPA) in a green bottle that's lovely. Haven't had it or seen it in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Greenspot 55, yellowspot 70 in Obriens

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Greenspot 55, yellowspot 70 in Obriens

Got Yellow Spot in Dunnes for €75 recently but courtesy of some spend & save vouchers, the effective price was less than €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

If you have an address you can send to in the north like a relative, etc then you can get all much cheaper on amazon.

I’m only condoning the legal sending to a relative/second home and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What about Red Spot batch 2, anyone know the best price, any offers, is it over rated?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭sceach16

The bigger Dunnes in Dublin (pavillions Swords,Stephens Green are two I know) have Rb @63, Yellow spot @80 andGreen spot @60.

Importantly, If you have spend and save vouchers (plural) you could get all three for 163 (203 less 40 if U have 4 by 10 off 50 vouchers).One voucher gives10 euro off each one and just buy them on consecutive days.

Caveat..bit of work needed and access to bigger Dunnes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is Harris tee total?

What will this do to a slab of heineken on special offer 24 cans for 28 for example. Or a box of bottles for 20 quid. Still good value.

• Advertisement

Forgot to add. Newry will be getting a visit every two months depending on brexit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement