Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

BOBIDGE wrote: »
    I went to ASDA NI (passing) 2 weeks' ago. 3x12 300ml bottles for £21 pounds. none left though........missed the boat there!

They'd be near gone by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

None of those LIDL specials (the Abbey and Steam ones) seem to be in any of the stores I tried (3 stores, all south Dublin)?

As in, definitely not stocked, as opposed to sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

None of those LIDL specials (the Abbey and Steam ones) seem to be in any of the stores I tried (3 stores, all south Dublin)?

As in, definitely not stocked, as opposed to sold out.

Minuscule qty's in my local ....

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

They had the steam ones and the hoppy lager from Finland in the new Tullamore store , but i didn't see the Abbey ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I would buy 5 bottles of Guiness extra in my local for €11 instead.

Having a Guinness Extra Stout on your recommendation, it tastes exactly like the draught version, gassed with CO2 instead of Nitro. Pretty flavourless in my opinion. OSheas from Aldi or Crafty Brewing are much better value for me. Each to their own I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone see any slabs of Carlsberg deals ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Juwwi wrote: »
    Anyone see any slabs of Carlsberg deals ? thanks

I picked one up in Dunnes last weekend for €29.
    Not bad if you have a €10 off voucher and need a few groceries to make up the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

I think you mean buy two slabs for 48 with a voucher :D you'd also get a voucher back as well with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

VW 1 wrote: »
    I think you mean buy two slabs for 48 with a voucher :D you'd also get a voucher back as well with that.

You're either very thirsty or not into eating ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

are there any deals around on cans or slabs of Guinness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jameson is 23 euro in SuperValu until Sunday.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Having a Guinness Extra Stout on your recommendation, it tastes exactly like the draught version, gassed with CO2 instead of Nitro. Pretty flavourless in my opinion. OSheas from Aldi or Crafty Brewing are much better value for me. Each to their own I suppose.

Lol. Either you have absolutely no tastebuds or you’re trolling.

Either way it was funny. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

casio4 wrote: »

Bit of a drought at the moment, was expecting things to pick up with the Rubgy World Cup starting tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Bit of a drought at the moment, was expecting things to pick up with the Rubgy World Cup starting tomorrow.

In fairness, with the timings I don't expect too many to be organising BBQ's out the back etc. for the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

easypazz wrote: »
    In fairness, with the timings I don't expect too many to be organising BBQ's out the back etc. for the games.

For seasonal drinkers yes, for professionals at this game all year round no :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

easypazz wrote: »

We'll never win a world cup with that attitude! Be the sixteenth man and all that crack. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I dont think many people really care about the ruggers. Guaranteed if it was soccer pubs would be packed and off licenses cleaned out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I dont think many people really care about the ruggers. Guaranteed if it was soccer pubs would be packed and off licenses cleaned out !!

Says more about the fans of both sports social habits than anything else, like going to the local or cracking open cans at 8am.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Says more about the fans of both sports social habits than anything else, like going to the local or cracking open cans at 8am.

I suppose. Fan base of the rugby have to be back in boarding school sunday afternoon. Cant be turning up drunk.

Cans are an awful price at the moment. 6 heineken for 11 euro just isnt good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

Cans are an awful price at the moment. 6 heineken for 11 euro just isnt good value.
    that's a crazy price for Heineken..

oceanman wrote: »
    that's a crazy price for Heineken..

Yep. Great lager but fook that. Most of the local offos will give you 8 for 12.

Might stock pile slabs when she goes cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

2 x 12 packs Bud, Guinness and Heino 28

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

casio4 wrote: »

12 for 12 euro in Aldi

fulhamfan wrote: »

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

fulhamfan wrote: »

Where?
    I think the title said Lidl Artane, the title doesn't show up on some phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

How in god's name did a booze bargain thread turn into an anti rugby thread?
    Must be terrible to be an insecure soccer fan who can't support their national team in a tournament where they actually have a chance.
    Shouldn't you be starting a riot somewhere or throwing bananas at players of a different race.
    Sad thing is you'll probably be on the bandwagon for the quarter finals with your Aldi Irish t-shirt on.
    Back on topic Lidl had loads of XXL perlenbacher for 8.50 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

How in god's name did a booze bargain thread turn into an anti rugby thread?
    Must be terrible to be an insecure soccer fan who can't support their national team in a tournament where they actually have a chance.
    Shouldn't you be starting a riot somewhere or throwing bananas at players of a different race.
    How in god's name did a booze bargain thread to turn into a thread to generalise football supporters as hooligans and banana throwing racists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Ohmeha wrote: »
    How in god's name did a booze bargain thread to turn into a thread to generalise football supporters as hooligans and banana throwing racists

Probably the booze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know there is a tradition of it, think I said before it makes no real sense to me, if they know people are going to be buying loads of booze why discount it? price going
    up would make more sense, like hotel prices around a venue when a big match or concert is on.

tesco, not great offer but, 1.33 a can
    Bulmers Original 12X50cl Can
    Special OfferSAVE 2.00 Was 18.00 Now 16.00
    valid from 4/9/2019 until 1/10/2019

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement