Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Prezatch wrote: »
    Majestic, Calais superstore or Pidou in Calais - not sure what deals they offer

Winebeersupermarket in Cherbourg (also in Roscoff) - I've been in contact with them and they have a 'locally run' feel to them. If you make a large order, they'll give you 12% of the order total as credit toward extra booze. So we're getting 2 free cases thrown in on top of our initial order :rolleyes:
    Have a look at pidou.com for all your Calais needs. There's always offers on too so keep an eye.

Awsome, I'll look at these. I've been focused on normandie-wine.com in Cherbourg.
    I used wine searcher to find the same bottles in dublin and got a group together to do a wine tasting and pick our favourite.

Wine is coming in roughly 1/3 of the costs here including ferry (€350 or so for 2 of us return with a cabin leaving Friday returning Saturday 5 hours on shore ), I'm buying wedding wine so roughly 200 bottles (including bubbles).

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Absolute vanilla vodka 700ml is €13.35 in Tesco Newcastle west

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

th283 wrote: »
    Absolute vanilla vodka 700ml is €13.35 in Tesco Newcastle west

great/stupid price, all the flavoured absoluts I had were nice & sublte, that stuff is great with coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone try the new Smirnoff infusions? I’m wondering would they be quiet similar to drinking pink gin and sprite?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone got up to date offers on beer and spirits in Dunnes? Looked online but only found food offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dunnes only have spirits on offer €20+
    Lidl have Guinness/Budweiser 24x500ml for €30 this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

zell12 wrote: »
    Dunnes only have spirits on offer €20+
    Lidl have Guinness/Budweiser 24x500ml for €30 this weekend

don't you mean 12x500ml?

casio4 wrote: »
    don't you mean 12x500ml?
    2x12x500ml :p
    sII5VfI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Budweiser is "Premium Beer" now? :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Budweiser is "Premium Beer" now? :rolleyes:

Yes, premium price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Premium price made with rice.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

offer wasn't on in my local today €17.99 for 12 Guinness and staff said they knew nothing about 2 for €30

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

offer wasn't on in my local today €17.99 for 12 Guinness and staff said they knew nothing about 2 for €30

Did you bring the Guinness to the checkout and have it scanned?

I've had numerous occasions in Lidl where an advertised offer wasn't visible in store (the SEL hadn't been updated), and staff had no knowledge of the offer, but the offer was applied at the checkout when the items where scanned.

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you bring the Guinness to the checkout and have it scanned?

I've had numerous occasions in Lidl where an advertised offer wasn't visible in store (the SEL hadn't been updated), and staff had no knowledge of the offer, but the offer was applied at the checkout when the items where scanned.

no I didn't bring it to the checkout as I thought if the offer was on, either the staff would know or the price would be up over it. I will head back tomorrow and try.Also I didn't see the offer on their website:confused:

no I didn't bring it to the checkout as I thought if the offer was on, either the staff would know or the price would be up over it. I will head back tomorrow and try.Also I didn't see the offer on their website:confused:

Yeah, it's not on the app or in the weekly leaflet either. Curious to know where Zell pulled that image from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Yeah, it's not on the app or in the weekly leaflet either. Curious to know where Zell pulled that image from.

The offer is valid, saw it myself in one of the Lidl stores yesterday.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Just picked up a few cans of Hop House for €1 each. Like NinetyForNone said, dated September. Thought it was just store specific.

They also had 12 pack bottles for a tenner, down from 18. Pretty good value if you prefer bottles

klaaaz wrote: »
    The offer is valid, saw it myself in one of the Lidl stores yesterday.

I don't doubt it, I'm just wondering in what leaflet it was advertised as it's not in the regular weekly leaflet nor listed on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Jameson Caskmates is 29.95 in O Briens, really nice whiskey

Curious to know where Zell pulled that image from.
    Read it in Ireland's biggest selling newspaper :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Tesco have 12 x 330ml bottles of Hop House 13 for €10 until 25/8. BB date of 5/10 on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got a box with date next Jan and another with Oct.
    Few boxes on shelf had Sept date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Is everyone on the dry or just no deals happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Hoboo wrote: »
    Is everyone on the dry or just no deals happening?

Tis a bit quiet.
    I saw Stella Artois in Dunnes and Tesco at €15 for 20 half pint bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any whiskey deals going? Feck all in Dunnes or Tesco it seems :(

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Tried the Ardfallen in Aldi , very drinkable , 19 euro. Not a bargain alert but good value all the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LosPrimos

O'Briens whiskey sale starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

LosPrimos wrote: »
    O'Briens whiskey sale starts next week.

Wine sale should start soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭sceach16

Hoboo wrote: »
    Wine sale should start soon too

Started yesterday (Thursday 29) according to email sent to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you're in the border area- Sainsburys have 15 year old Glenfiddich @ £40 a bottle and 12 year old @ £30 a bottle. Check if its in stock though- as its flying off the shelves at these prices (mostly to southern customers).........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement