Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I missed the entire reveal tonight - looks like fun looking back - I wasn't sure about dance (was thinking more rave like than disco) so I opted for the tango :) - but I am surprised to see Bon Jovi topping - I would have considered that more a bob up and down awkwardly rather than a full on dance crazy thing. Thanks Necro and Stu looking forward to reading your comments when I'm a little more sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Not really into dance but love this...

Thread is a bit too conservative for me :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Reppohc

Not a dance song but easily my favourite there. Slippery was the first album i ever owned on tape, then I lusted after and received New J but I could not tell you what came next. I believe I moved on to harder music after that in a Guns / Metallica / Megadeth / insert heavier band here till I woke up in Rio naked with a Ministry tee shirt in one hand and opium in the other.

So I approve this dance track winner.

Pretzill wrote: »
    I missed the entire reveal tonight - looks like fun looking back - I wasn't sure about dance (was thinking more rave like than disco) so I opted for the tango :) - but I am surprised to see Bon Jovi topping - I would have considered that more a bob up and down awkwardly rather than a full on dance crazy thing. Thanks Necro and Stu looking forward to reading your comments when I'm a little more sober.

Its kind of funny you say that, when I submitted the song fun, i was really just thinking about the video as it is class and looks like a insane party, but the song is quite slow mostly. Im not sure if I heard it came on I'd move of my seat.

This has brought me on to many a dance floor though

Bon jovi's Living on a prayerwould too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Reppohc

Its kind of funny you say that, when I submitted the song fun, i was really just thinking about the video as it is class and looks like a insane party, but the song is quite slow mostly. Im not sure if I heard it came on I'd move of my seat.

This has brought me on to many a dance floor though

Bon jovi's Living on a priar would too

Queen are basically gods,

Bill and Ted explained that as long as you are Excellent to each other it will be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nuts. Missed the reveal. Disgusted I got as far as I did. Well done Kitten but you two judges?

(That only applies to my placing. The rest is, in the words of Ringo, "gear"

Necro wrote: »
    It sounds like it but I can't find any other featured artist on the track.

There's a remix with Obie Trice and Bobby Creekwater alright though

Maybe its Nate Dogg putting on a different voice

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Better stop your grinnin and drop your linen folks because the FINAL category is coming your way tomorrow evening!!!

Best Song In The World: All of the Walrus categories so far have been catered to various tastes and topics. But let us see what YOU think we would like. Pick your favourite song ever and submit it to us.

hope you enforced the most important rule of all :

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    hope you enforced the most important rule of all :

Why is BLOCKED BY SAFESURF the most important rule?

• Advertisement

Safesurf?
    Denied!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Out of 17 entries to this category, I'd never listened to 11 of them :eek:

So I guess the Walrus aim was achieved in spades this category :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Out of 17 entries to this category, I'd never listened to 11 of them :eek:

So I guess the Walrus aim was achieved in spades this category :D

That's pretty amazing!

I'll miss most of the reveal as I'm playing footie. Luckily I know my submission will be coming up very late :p

I just realised I didn't specify the version of the song I chose because the one I picked has quite a few versions on youtube and there's a specific version I like.

Anyhow you guys must be dying for a bit of time at this stage to listen to your own music. Listening to over 100 songs a couple of times chosen by other people could be considered a form of torture for some :D

I've actually enjoyed listening to different music tbh Tammy :)

Usually I don't take the time to listen to what I like and whatever is on the radio gets played as I'm busy with other things but I have a new found love for YouTube playlists from this contest :D

Usually I don't take the time to listen to what I like and whatever is on the radio gets played as I'm busy with other things but I have a new found love for YouTube playlists from this contest :D

I know a really good YouTube Eurovision playlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I learned how to make a youtube playlist for my Walrus. Didn't even realise I had a youtube account before that! The only problem is that leaving the songs on youtube on my phone in work just murders my battery. I'm charging twice a day at this point. :o

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I learned how to make a youtube playlist for my Walrus. Didn't even realise I had a youtube account before that! The only problem is that leaving the songs on youtube on my phone in work just murders my battery. I'm charging twice a day at this point. :o

How are you using YouTube Molly? Through the app or the browser?

If you switch to desktop on the browser, start up the first video in the playlist then cancel out to the home page it'll stop but then you can un-pause it through your phone's media settings.

Saves my battery a tonne not having to leave it open all day :D

How are you using YouTube Molly? Through the app or the browser?

If you switch to desktop on the browser, start up the first video in the playlist then cancel out to the home page it'll stop but then you can un-pause it through your phone's media settings.

Saves my battery a tonne not having to leave it open all day :D
    I dont think work would appreciate me leaving youtube open all day on my PC though. So it has to be through the app on my phone. Ah it's only for a short while so it'll be grand.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I dont think work would appreciate me leaving youtube open all day on my PC though. So it has to be through the app on my phone. Ah it's only for a short while so it'll be grand.

:pac: I meant the browser on your phone, just switch it to desktop mode, fire on a playlist, close out, unpause...

:D

• Advertisement

There are a couple of apps that will save YouTube vids as audio. Well, sort of . Grab the songs on WiFi. Play in the least battery hungry app you can find. Just watch a few ads as penance and save your bandwidth on the go, everyone wins.

Banjo wrote: »
    There are a couple of apps that will save YouTube vids as audio. Well, sort of . Grab the songs on WiFi. Play in the least battery hungry app you can find. Just watch a few ads as penance and save your bandwidth on the go, everyone wins.

I'll have a look and see. Cheers.

:pac: I meant the browser on your phone, just switch it to desktop mode, fire on a playlist, close out, unpause...

:D
    Hmm interesting. I'll give this a go tomorrow.

Tentatively scheduling the reveal start time for circa 8pm this evening!!

3 out of 5 rounds so far I've been top 4 with one judge and outside the other's top 10 :p

Really looking forward to this one, I have no idea where mine will place

With Necro I've been high-high-low-low-high, so I'm due high
    With Stu I've been low-high-high-low-low... so I'm due high! :)

I don't think I'm gonna do well in this round. I found it very difficult to pick something so I picked a song I have on repeat recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Who's in the lead at end of that round, seen round scores, but missed leaderboard table. Would some kind soul link me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've made my peace with my low placing. Walrus cannot hurt me any more.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I've made my peace with my low placing. Walrus cannot hurt me any more.

Perhaps that was the Walrus' purpose all along

sKeith wrote: »
    Who's in the lead at end of that round, seen round scores, but missed leaderboard table. Would some kind soul link me up.

I didn't post it but here's the table in full

Name Ballad of Chasey Lain Irish Songs A Song For Europe Forever Young Lord/Lady of The Dance Total
    Tammy! 17 16 4 16 2 55
    Kolido 16 13 17 17 14 77
    fixxxer 15 2 15 6 4 42
    Barney92 14 3 14 14 1 46
    Banjo 13 11 7 15 15 61
    sullivlo 12 4 14 9 5 44
    Electric Nitwit 11 17 9 3 11 51
    Mollyb60 10 6 12 5 8 41
    partyjungle 9 13 15 4 16 57
    osh 8 8 6 7 13 42
    Pretzill 7 9 10 8 10 44
    Green&Red 6 15 13 2 3 39