Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well the wine is in and I am READY TO DANCE!
    Not sure how you dance to this?
    I would totally dance to this but jesus christ the video is weird af.

I'm loving this dedication to the round. Molly is testing out the submissions in the real world, putting us to shame tbh Necro :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This next one scored pretty well with me... though it's namesake would have done even better ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

9th Place: Fun - We Are Young

Necro: This song is interesting cos I absolutely love it. But it also brings back some indescribable feelings of rage at my director when I did a pantomime a couple of years back. She insisted on forcing it into a comedy show where it had absolutely no business being and we had… let’s say some creative differences on it. But that aside, would I be standing on a chair in Oscars at 2 in the morning absolutely belting this out? Damn right I would.

Stu Redman: Do I try to judge this round objectively or subjectively? Cause going with the former, I'd rate this highly because it was huge and filled dancefloors for a year. For my own tastes though, I never liked it beyond the first few times I heard it on the radio when it admittedly was a fresh sound that stood out. I would very likely remain seated for this tune although there are millions who wouldn't.

Necro: 4th
    Stu: 13th

9 points to
    Deleted User

Necro wrote: »
    10th Place: Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Stu Redman: No messing, no dragged out hifalutin intro, just straight in with the beat and it doesn't let up until the end. Fcuk no I don't regularly throw shapes to this, but I would if my ID let me :D

I meant 'id' as I typed it to you, and not a form of age identification!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

10th Place: Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Necro: 15th
    Stu: 5th

8 points to
    Mollyb60

Again a big differing of opinion here... seems to be becoming a trend. Is there a rift in the camp :eek:
    Also I feel bad ranking this song so low personally but it's played on repeat every single bloody time I'm out :cool:
    Its on every time you're out cos its a fcukin CHOOOOOOON.

I'm loving this dedication to the round. Molly is testing out the submissions in the real world, putting us to shame tbh Necro :D

Full disclosure: I have a cat n me atm so I cant actually dance, but I am dancing in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I like Cyndi Laupers version. It's a good song but was shocked to find out recently that it's a cover...it completely changes the song..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I meant 'id' as I typed it to you, and not a form of age identification!

I thought you were saying you would if you were female, but not as a bloke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

osh wrote: »
    I thought you were saying you would if you were female, but not as a bloke :)

That’s the way I read it too

Just to let you guys know this category has led my husband down a spoof music video hole. These guys are really funny:

8th Place: John Williams - Tango (Scent of A Woman)

Necro: Now this is interesting. This whole category I’ve been bleating on about what comes to my mind when I’m thinking about what gets me dancing, and this is probably the second furthest from my mind. YET…. I fooking love it!! I remember actually first hearing this in True Lies and watching the dance scene with Arnie and Jamie-Lee thinking ‘I wish I could dance like that!’ Smooth, sexy and of course orchestral. I love it!

Stu Redman: A very different entry, one which is ok with me. If I could dance like that, I would love to spin some lucky gal (sarcasm) around the dancefloor to this in dramatic fashion. I'd be suave as fcuk, so I would!

Necro: 10th
    Stu: 8th

10 points to
    Pretzill

Not what I had in mind when I set out with this category, but a lovely surprise to have it included.

• Advertisement

Just to let you guys know this category has led my husband down a spoof music video hole. These guys are really funny:

Deadly :D

It's long, but this is a good 'analysis' of her shtick too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Tammy! wrote: »
    I like Cyndi Laupers version. It's a good song but was shocked to find out recently that it's a cover...it completely changes the song..

Amazing trivia!

7th Place: The Wombats - Let’s Dance to Joy Division

Necro: I liked this song immediately and it’s got one of those sort of underlying melodies that I would definitely throw some shapes (go back to the 90s Necro) to. It also had me immediately searching for more stuff by the Wombats, which is exactly what this game is all about. Thanks for this, definitely on my playlist now.

Stu Redman: Lyrics and vocals, I do not like, but I would find it very hard not to move to this song if it was played at a gig or in a club. I'm not going to go too far down the rabbithole of 'But take the vocal out and all you have is scene transition music from The Inbetweeners' which then leads to 'hehe songs without singing, we know what Necro thinks of those'. Ok, the Wombats, yeah good riffs and an all-round bouncy affair. Not 100% my thing though.

Necro: 3rd
    Stu: 11th

11 points to
    Electric Nitwit

One of my top 3 drops, but Stu drags it down into the dirt. For shame, Stu. For shame.

I have to say I'd be very surprised and impressed if that song gets him up to dance when he hears it :D

Tango for clarification

One of my top 3 drops, but Stu drags it down into the dirt. For shame, Stu. For shame.

I'm busy here consoling Chelsea Rodgers.

Necro: 3rd
    Stu: 11th

11 points to
    Electric Nitwit

You're dead to me again Stu :p

This the round with the most difference in your voting? Seems that way.

Didn;t think I knew that Wombats song but certainly sounds familiar.

osh wrote: »
    This the round with the most difference in your voting? Seems that way.

Didn;t think I knew that Wombats song but certainly sounds familiar.

Yeah theres definitely a bigger swing this time around.

You're dead to me again Stu :p

Lucky I'm a cat (according to PJ :D ) and I still have another 5-6 lives with you EN! I'm now dying to know what your final round entry is, but will resist temptation until the reveal.

Lucky I'm a cat (according to PJ :D ) and I still have another 5-6 lives with you EN! I'm now dying to know what your final round entry is, but will resist temptation until the reveal.

It's the one you instantly put first ;)

• Advertisement

Amazing trivia!

Ye I love a bit of trivia Electric :D

Tammy! wrote: »
    Ye I love a bit of trivia Electric :D

It's a weirdly good version too. You're right, it changes everything

6th Place: Gouryella – Gouryella

Necro: Yeah so I love 90s dance. The beat is grand, if a bit repetitive. A bit too electro as well if I’m honest, it ain’t a patch on Gigi D’Agostino or Tiesto for example. But the thing about this song that made me want to rank it bottom is that horrifically annoying nodding person in the video. I want to punch their face repeatedly and tell them to stop!! Tyre irons, baseball bats, golf clubs, assault rifles, nuclear bombs are all acceptable methods of ridding that creature from my life. So in order to not rank this song due to hatred of that… thing, I started listening to it without watching the video. And do you know what? I can see myself in a club after 5 or 6 vodkas or whiskeys just absolutely going bonkers to this. In fact I most likely have, I just can’t remember it… might be the alcohol :P It continues to grow and grow on me, as long as I don't watch the video :pac:

Stu Redman: Yokes! Now! Let's go! I thought this tune was new to me until the 'chorus' kicked in. I wouldn't be the biggest Tiesto fan, but this is sublime.

Necro: 6th

12 points to
    Rikand

Top 5 hype for
    kitten
    osh
    Banjo
    partyjungle
    Kolido

W5Pt.gif

Aaghh, my eyes, my ears, make it stop, I'll tell you anything, just make it stop

That one does seem familiar. Was bigger into my dance music in the 90s, as in I'd have known the songs better anyway. But yeah could see myself dancing to this after a few drinks etc :D

8th Place: John Williams - Tango (Scent of A Woman)

Necro: 10th

10 points to
    Pretzill

Not what I had in mind when I set out with this category, but a lovely surprise to have it included.

Bravo! Excellent and unexpected choice.

Necro: 6th

12 points to
    Rikand

Ooh that's a hard no from me now. Had to turn it off half way through.

Can Kolido get a third number one and rival kingsley as the ultimate walrus :eek:

5th Place: Prince – 1999

Necro: Again, not a Prince fan. But this I can get on board with. It’s funny as in 1999 I was at that awkward age where everything I did socially revolved around girls lol. Dancing was not one of those things so I’m not sure I relate to the year in the song, or at least then I didn’t. But as I get older I start to get a better appreciation for this type of thing as opposed to the club mixes and hardcore beats of my youth. Funky, toe-tapping disco. I can see myself swivelling to this nowadays in all my glory.

Stu Redman: Haha, this kicked my number 1 choice (REDACTED: Necro no spoilers now Stu come on. :p) off by the 1st line of the 1st verse. I was like "Stu, Redacted is gold but this is 1999, c'mon!" Plus, it's more my dance tempo than Redacted, a song mainly for those who actually know how to dance.

Necro: 11th
    Stu: 1st

12 points to
    Oooooooooosh

Soz, Prince just not my jam.

Stu's Number 1 choice though, so there is that :D

• Advertisement

I actually quite like dance music, I just don't respect it :pac:

Advertisement