Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo can’t believe that! One of my all time favourite songs, always makes me feel good!

And I can confirm Mollys lap is very comfy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord/Lady of The Dance playlist for y'all

Thanks for the entries again folks. Not a bad song in the whole 17, I was really impressed with this category.

And that leaves one category... which will be co-hosted by both myself and Stu on a date TBC very shortly (ie this coming week at some point)

kitten_k wrote: »
    Woohoo can’t believe that! One of my all time favourite songs, always makes me feel good!

And I can confirm Mollys lap is very comfy!

Well done Kitten, long way from 13th place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well done Kitten, long way from 13th place!

Probably be last next category as I submitted one of my favourite songs but it probably wouldn’t be classed as the best song ever by most

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Scores for this round:

Ranking Song Name Combined Score Walrus Score Entrant
    1 Livin On A Prayer 29 17 kitten_k
    2 September 29 16 partyjungle
    3 I'm Gonna Be 25 15 Banjo
    4 Thunderstruck 25 14 Kolido
    5 1999 24 13 osh
    6 Gouryella 23 12 Electric Nitwit
    7 Let's Dance To Joy Division 22 11 Pretzill
    8 Tango 19 10 Rikand
    9 We Are Young 17 9 MicksJaguar
    10 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 16 8 Mollyb60
    11 Chelsea Rodgers 16 7 Sheridan81
    12 Yeah! 15 6 sullivlo
    13 Born This Way 13 5 Homer J. Fong
    14 Slow Hands 10 4 fixxxer
    15 Catch & Release 9 3 Green&Red
    16 Sexy Bitch 8 2 Tammy!
    17 Hips Don't Lie 7 1 Barney92

Few ties at the top settled by my preferences this round :D

Not sure what we'll do next time out.

Sword fight to the death to settle ties sound good to you Stu? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,860 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Fun fact: Bon Jovi almost cut LOAP from the album because they didn't think it was good enough

Congrats Kitten, great choice.
    Loads of good tunes this evening

Thanks again Stu and Necro, great work :)

If I may, while all you fine musos are here...
    If you'd like to show off your musical knowledge by identifying album covers, my quiz closes for entries tomorrow. Reveal on Tuesday evening. Go on, you know you want to...
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058010817

Necro wrote: »
    Scores for this round

Random.org? :pac:

13th Place: Lady Gaga -

Necro: Ok so I love me some Lady Gaga. Pokerface, Just Dance, Bad Romance and I’m front and centre on the dancefloor doing stupid moves. Born This Way doesn’t fall quite into that category though.

I did consider submitting Bad Romance, as I figured that would score better than Born This Way, but the latter just gives me more of a feelgood nostalgia vibe so I decided to go with the more "honest" submission. I am a Gaga fan in general, though I have to be in the right mood for her.

The only other thing I could think of submitting was Macarena, as it's one of the few dances I actually know; no idea where you would have ranked that Necro but I can safely assume that Stu would not have been impressed! :pac:

Macarena would have probably scored a bit higher, maybe 6th or 7th I'd reckon... though maybe also would have lost points from Stu :pac:

I like Born This Way, I just don't love it I think that's the best way I can describe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Anyway can we all agree that this is the most atrocious song that anyone...ever at a function, 21st, 40th, wedding etc was ever expected to dance to...

• Advertisement

If I was submitting for this category this is 100% what I would have entered.

Now it's time for the judge to become the judged :D

Love that song. Get more ass than a toilet seat. What a line.

I did consider submitting Bad Romance, as I figured that would score better than Born This Way, but the latter just gives me more of a feelgood nostalgia vibe so I decided to go with the more "honest" submission. I am a Gaga fan in general, though I have to be in the right mood for her.

The only other thing I could think of submitting was Macarena, as it's one of the few dances I actually know; no idea where you would have ranked that Necro but I can safely assume that Stu would not have been impressed! :pac:

Macarena as well as the likes of Saturday Night and Mambo #5 are the kind of things which would have...

Scored excellently with me in this round!

Gaga just not my bag, but she is quite a talent.

Macarena as well as the likes of Saturday Night and Mambo #5 are the kind of things which would have...

:o:o:o

(oh that's not a shocked emoji. Don't know how to do them on my phone :p)

I think it's

: eek : (no spaces)

If I was submitting for this category this is 100% what I would have entered.

Now it's time for the judge to become the judged :D

Is there three different voices in that song? Eminem rapping, Nate Dogg singing and someone else with a low voice? Who is that?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

(thanks Necro!)

Tammy! wrote: »
    Anyway can we all agree that this is the most atrocious song that anyone...ever at a function, 21st, 40th, wedding etc was ever expected to dance to...

For me that "honour" goes to either Rock the Boat (for that stupid sitting-down dance) or Come On Eileen (which is just hugely irritating and inexplicably popular shîte)

Is there three different voices in that song? Eminem rapping, Nate Dogg singing and someone else with a low voice? Who is that?

It sounds like it but I can't find any other featured artist on the track.

There's a remix with Obie Trice and Bobby Creekwater alright though

For me that "honour" goes to either Rock the Boat (for that stupid sitting-down dance) or Come On Eileen (which is just hugely irritating and inexplicably popular shîte)

I sit for Rock the Boat Homer but Come on Eileen, I make an exception :)

• Advertisement

I sit for Rock the Boat Homer but Come on Eileen, I make an exception :)

I was very surprised nobody entered The Prodigy here or in the Forever Young category actually.

I was very surprised nobody entered The Prodigy here or in the Forever Young category actually.

Ye! I never thought of The Prodigy... even afterwards!

It's just how people interpret the questions I guess :)

Sure The Lost Boys as much I love the film is not the best horror film ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ye! I never thought of The Prodigy... even afterwards!

It's just how people interpret the questions I guess :)

Sure The Lost Boys as much I love the film is not the best horror film ever :D

Might not be the best horror movie ever but its the best movie ever!

Kolido wrote: »

I know Kolido! Its one of my childhood staples... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I was half thinking of entering the prodigy or moby.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Bravo! Excellent and unexpected choice.

Ooh that's a hard no from me now. Had to turn it off half way through.

i'm going to need a serious dig out from your husband so or I'm totally coming last in your walrus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Kolido wrote: »

Aside from bttf2?

Scores for this round:

Ranking Song Name Combined Score Walrus Score Entrant
    1 Livin On A Prayer 29 17 kitten_k
    2 September 29 16 partyjungle
    3 I'm Gonna Be 25 15 Banjo
    4 Thunderstruck 25 14 Kolido
    5 1999 24 13 osh
    6 Gouryella 23 12 Electric Nitwit
    7 Let's Dance To Joy Division 22 11 Pretzill
    8 Tango 19 10 Rikand
    9 We Are Young 17 9 MicksJaguar
    10 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 16 8 Mollyb60
    11 Chelsea Rodgers 16 7 Sheridan81
    12 Yeah! 15 6 sullivlo
    13 Born This Way 13 5 Homer J. Fong
    14 Slow Hands 10 4 fixxxer
    15 Catch & Release 9 3 Green&Red
    16 Sexy Bitch 8 2 Tammy!
    17 Hips Don't Lie 7 1 Barney92

Em

I was the one who submitted Gouryella, not EN. He hated it in fact.

Though I dont mind being credited with Tango, that was beautiful. I would totally badly dance the Tango on the dancefloor to that :D

Really glad you guys both enjoyed my submission. Your reviews did make me laugh though :D
    6th Place: Gouryella – Gouryella

Necro: Yeah so I love 90s dance. The beat is grand, if a bit repetitive. A bit too electro as well if I’m honest, it ain’t a patch on Gigi D’Agostino or Tiesto for example. But the thing about this song that made me want to rank it bottom is that horrifically annoying nodding person in the video. I want to punch their face repeatedly and tell them to stop!! Tyre irons, baseball bats, golf clubs, assault rifles, nuclear bombs are all acceptable methods of ridding that creature from my life. So in order to not rank this song due to hatred of that… thing, I started listening to it without watching the video. And do you know what? I can see myself in a club after 5 or 6 vodkas or whiskeys just absolutely going bonkers to this. In fact I most likely have, I just can’t remember it… might be the alcohol :P It continues to grow and grow on me, as long as I don't watch the video :pac:

Stu Redman: Yokes! Now! Let's go! I thought this tune was new to me until the 'chorus' kicked in. I wouldn't be the biggest Tiesto fan, but this is sublime.

Necro: 6th
    Stu: 8th

12 points to
    Rikand

@Necro - not a patch on Tiesto, except it is Tiesto, only in a duo with Ferry Corsten

@Stu - I'm not a fan of Tiesto myself, but I have to say that this was hands down(or up, if you will) the best thing he ever had any part in :) The Gouryella moniker was a nice opportunity for him to get this kind of Good Trance out of his system and when he left it, he started making rubbish :)

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote:
    I was the one who submitted Gouryella, not EN. He hated it in fact.

Hmmm do not know how that happened. The reviews were correct anyways. I'll fix it in the morning.

Advertisement