Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

So despite all of her threats to various journalists (not hypocritical at all to be trying to silence people!) she's only sueing three people at present - that's Village magazine, pro-science and pro-vaccine David Grimes, and Panti Bliss? Classy woman.

and yet the main focus of her ire over the last couple of months - Google (youtube) haven't had the pleasure of a high court invitation from her

picking her battles I see !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

pjohnson wrote: »
    You must have missed people telling you they arent "woke" and then answering your survey. If you tried to read you would know this Gem. Reading has never been your strong point.

Why don't you reference where people have been racist, instead of doubling down by calling people you don't agree with unable to read. You're doubling down is gone beyond a joke now.

I am calling the ones who call people racist without evidence woke, because the woke definition has been expanded. Can you prove me otherwise?
    Stephen is a racist, as are other people on this thread. That's a fact. If they think people can only move from one white country to another as it's easier to integrate, that is inherently racist.
    pjohnson wrote: »
    In the thread.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    (Or evidenced in this thread)
    Overheal wrote: »
    It’s in the thread.
    cookie1977 wrote: »
    Go read the whole thread.
    In fact you have been provided with numerous examples in this thread of his racism and bigotry.
    He has echoed it numerous times across multiple threads. Proof enough?
    It is demonstrably true, you just have to get the thumb out and read the thread, it’s bad manners to jump late into a thread and be this obtuse about it.
    Again it’s in this thread,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

On what basis is she suing panti?

How is she paying all this and when she inevitably loses, who willl she pay all their costs cos she’s going to be ordered to

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kimsang wrote: »
    Why don't you reference where people have been racist, instead of doubling down by calling people you don't agree with unable to read. You're doubling down is gone beyond a joke now.

I am calling the ones who call people racist without evidence woke. Can you prove me otherwise?
    Listen, Kanye: it’s in the thread. Tried to explain it to you, you didn’t like the answer because it involved doing your own legwork. You’re still on this kick though like you’re trying to explain how you aren’t a gay fish or why your girlfriend isn’t a hobbit. Those are South Park references to the uninitiated.

It’s probably 1500+ posts back now, not our fault you didn’t keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,881 ✭✭✭✭Stark

On what basis is she suing panti?

I think it's just a rite of passage for Irish conservatives these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ollkiller wrote: »
    The american economy was "booming" in the last 2 years of Obama's presidency and has continued as such during Trumps reign. Economic cycles happen and they have feck all to do with who is president.

Next no one votes for the Taoiseach. The party that wins decides who is leader.

As regards you'd prefer Trump to Leo. Nothing i can say about that.

Nasdaq chart says different. Obummer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Stark wrote: »
    I think it's just a rite of passage for Irish conservatives these days.

I know panti for over a decade. I wouldn’t exactly call her a conservative :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Can the cat sh1t/boring personal stuff stop please? Thanks.

I subbed to this thread to laugh my arse off at the online/offline antics of the dear leader especially since the great free speech advocate herself blocked me on Twatter for daring to ask her highness a question.

Back to the chemtrail and measles lovin nutster please.

You don't get to make the call catmandoo

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You don't get to make the call catmandoo

Mod: I do. If you mention cats one more time, you'll get a card.

Halal conspiracy again

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1166311781813432320?s=21

Video cuts off just shy enough to get the claim in that it funds terrorism, with no other expansion on that accusation given. At least this time she’s cited meat not bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Listen, Kanye: it’s in the thread. Tried to explain it to you, you didn’t like the answer because it involved doing your own legwork. You’re still on this kick though like you’re trying to explain how you aren’t a gay fish or why your girlfriend isn’t a hobbit. Those are South Park references to the uninitiated.

The apparent definition of "woke" was people who think non-whites cant be racist and/or its racist to dislike Nazi's. Points that no one other than kim has ever said :pac:

Of course POC can be racist. What a straw man.

More doubling down? You are hilarious. You've made this accusation now 6+ times in this thread without once saying why you call someone racist.

Keep doubling down this is hilarious. Or would you rather show some proof and prove you are right and end the conversation?...... na, because you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

More doubling down? You are hilarious. You've made this accusation now 6+ times in this thread without once saying why you call someone racist.

Keep doubling down this is hilarious. Or would you rather show some proof and prove you and right and end the conversation?...... na, because you are wrong.

do you seriously expect posters to look back over thousands of posts to satisfy a johnny-come-lately?

do you seriously expect posters to look back over thousands of posts to satisfy a johnny-come-lately?

I have looked back over the thousands of posts and its not there. Its a lie. It is impossible for me to prove a negative. All these wokies keep saying 'its in the thread' and its not in the thread. He fits the definition of racist, if you take racist to mean the woke definition. But then I ask these guys what their definition of racist is, and they revert to the dictionary definition. Its quite the game they are playing.

I have brought up this point at least 10 times now, and everyone says 'its in the thread'. Disingenuous is an understatement.

There was a time when boards.ie would sanction people for calling others racist without proof. That was a better time.

oh but talk about cats and you might be banned.

CONSISTENCY BE DAMNED.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The ones that call people racist in this thread without evidence. I have already posted a long list of those people saying 'its in the thread' you must have missed it.

Here it is in the thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111079864&postcount=3598

Essentially you're saying that everyone who states yer man is racist are "woke" - not the most solid argument.

I don't think he's a racist - more an islamophobe as far as I can gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: @Kimsang: what do you want the mods to do? Go through 3766 posts to prove or disprove?

The "it's in the thread" posters need to put up or shut up, quite frankly. Otherwise this will go around in circles.

While I don’t particularly mind being told I need to spoonfeed a poster who claims to have reviewed the whole thread but somehow missed dozens of posts that establish the matter, Kimsang will have to wait until I have the free time to prepare the porridge so to speak, which will probably be the weekend.

Mr E wrote: »
    Mod: @Kimsang: what do you want the mods to do? Go through 3766 posts to prove or disprove?

The "it's in the thread" posters need to put up or shut up, quite frankly. Otherwise this will go around in circles.

I would like to see this post removed:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110492920&postcount=8

As well as future implications of 'racist' best sanctioned by mods unless the poster who makes the claim can supply evidence and quote what definition of racist they are using.

I would like to see this post removed:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110492920&postcount=8

As well as future implications of 'racist' best sanctioned by mods unless the poster who makes the claim can supply evidence and quote what definition of racist they are using.

See my previous post. The post you linked to is accurate, frankly I don’t see why the mods should remove it.

Also: this is re: Stephen15 and you are not Stephen15. When did Boards take to letting users act as attorneys for one another? He can defend himself.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    Essentially you're saying that everyone who states yer man is racist are "woke" - not the most solid argument.

I don't think he's a racist - more an islamophobe as far as I can gather.

You seem to be a fair person, so I'll assume you have fairly misinterpreted me.

I'm saying anyone who calls anyone racist without proof are woke. Because they are the ones that have expanded the definition.

Wouldn't islamophobe imply an irrational fear of Islam? I don't think he has expressed an irrational fear. If I express that I don't want to see more scientologists in Ireland would that make me a Scientolobhobe?

So I have proof though, I’ve explained it to you before (few hundred posts ago now) and in the spirit of the mod warning perhaps you should stop derogatorily calling people “woke” when you don’t have proof of the negative that your above definition appears to rely on. IMHO.

See my previous post. The post you linked to is accurate, frankly I don’t see why the mods should remove it.

Why do you insist on circular arguments? Or maybe you missed this post;
    If you call me a fascist because I'm praising Donald Trump, I could say "well if fascism means supporting the US president, then call me a fascist"

It doesn't mean I admit to being a fascist, but rather means I am critiquing your definition of fascism.

Exactly the same as Stephen's statement, he was criticizing the word racism. Some people are only willfully ignorant when it suits.

Is it fair to call someone a racist when their views aren't "clear"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Isn't this backseat modding?

So I have proof though, I’ve explained it to you before (few hundred posts ago now) and in the spirit of the mod warning perhaps you should stop derogatorily calling people “woke” when you don’t have proof of the negative that your above definition appears to rely on. IMHO.

Watch the mod note; PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Your post is irrelevant as over the course of 3000+ posts Stephen made his views clear. Are you his attorney?

davedanon wrote: »
    Isn't this backseat modding?

I was asked a very specific question by the moderator. It seems fair to answer honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You seem to be a fair person, so I'll assume you have fairly misinterpreted me.

I'm saying anyone who calls anyone racist without proof are woke. Because they are the ones that have expanded the definition.

He was the one who claimed he was a racist, so really you'd want to talk to him about it.

Your post is irrelevant as over the course of 3000+ posts Stephen made his views clear. Are you his attorney?

Are you saying his views are racist? Can you prove that?

• Advertisement

Are you saying his views are racist? Can you prove that?

See my previous post(s) regarding that issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement