Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The Nal wrote: »
    The figure could be lower, could even be higher. But why do they exclusively target white girls?

Why all the faux outrage? Why not target the church and institutions here that are still covering up their horrific crimes?

Can we actually just ban “but de catholics....” whataboutery when doscussing muslims, its the go to response. Its possible to hate both you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can we actually just ban “but de catholics....” whataboutery when doscussing muslims, its the go to response. Its possible to hate both you know.

Have already said I think both are silly. I think religion is silly.

Not as silly as the Irish being model immigrants though.

But the silliest thing of all is this faux outrage over Muslims in Ireland when the Muslim population is about 1%. Being sold on fear by the likes of Gemma and that little munchkin fella and actually believing it is embarrassing. Anyone on board with that really needs to get out more. Cringing reading some of the comments here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Well it's valid when someone quotes a stat like that.

It depends on your definition of a gang.

Were the figures of institutional grooming from schools taken into account for that 84%? Or the Catholic church? Crimes genuinely covered up up by the police unlike the crimes tommy robinson claims were swept under the rug because..........muslims I guess.

Well it's valid when someone quotes a stat like that.

It depends on your definition of a gang.

Were the figures of institutional grooming from schools taken into account for that 84%? Or the Catholic church? Crimes genuinely covered up up by the police unlike the crimes tommy robinson claims were swept under the rug because..........muslims I guess.

Good Catholic old white on white paedophilia. Much better.

This thread is about Gemma O'Doherty though and her followers, who are complete thickos.

Look at this.

Its actually historical sign from Boston. Says so on the pic. This is how stupid she thinks her supporters are.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1163733183843708928

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Inaccurate? How so? 84% of grooming gangs are 'Asian'. Virtually all their victims are white.

That's not what was said though was it?You said Muslims in the UK don't integrate unless they're grooming local girls. That was your statement. If you ever get an urge to visit a boxing gym over there or a cricket club, you'll see plenty of integration. There are representatives at all levels of government and all across their civil service where members have heritage from Islamic nations. Children even play together across the cultures, God/Allah forbid.

• Advertisement

I know Muslims in the UK who drink and go to football matches. Call the ref a wanker and everything. Thats integration!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's not what was said though was it?You said Muslims in the UK don't integrate unless they're grooming local girls. That was your statement. If you ever get an urge to visit a boxing gym over there or a cricket club, you'll see plenty of integration. There are representatives at all levels of government and all across their civil service where members have heritage from Islamic nations. Children even play together across the cultures, God/Allah forbid.

I don’t think you’ll catch him in a boxing club :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Inaccurate? How so? 84% of grooming gangs are 'Asian'. Virtually all their victims are white.

Did you include the Catholic Church in these calculations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Overheal wrote: »
    Like I mean hey, you’re demonstrably a racist Stephen15, you’ve made that clear:

Could you please direct me to evidence of this? It is quite the claim...

Kimsang wrote: »
    Could you please direct me to evidence of this? It is quite the claim...

It’s in the thread.

• Advertisement

It’s in the thread.

Well if its the tongue-in-cheek comment you are referring to, then I believe your calling Stephen a racist is equally as disgusting and vile as anything a racist can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Well if its the tongue-in-cheek comment you are referring to, then I believe your calling Stephen a racist is equally as disgusting and vile as anything a racist can do.
    not really though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I asked him if he was or not and he answered thusly
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111043532&postcount=2811

Odhinn wrote: »
    I asked him if he was or not and he answered thusly
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111043532&postcount=2811

Exactly. The moderation on this thread is a ****ing joke on the issue of Stephen's 'racism'. Not only that, but it is being perpetuated by mods.

The comment from Stephen is clearly tongue in cheek, but I guess context doesn't ****ing matter anymore.
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

Then you must be poorly read up on what racists have done. But no I’m not specifically sure what “tongue in cheek” comment you’re talking about. Clearly though you asked me a loaded question given your familiarity with the thread.

Exactly. The moderation on this thread is a ****ing joke on the issue of Stephen's 'racism'. Not only that, but it is being perpetuated by mods.

The comment from Stephen is clearly tongue in cheek, but I guess context doesn't ****ing matter anymore.

...doesn't look at all tongue in cheek to me at all.

I asked him specifically about "black" people though. That quote looks like the kind of thing that comes from islamophobes. Perhaps he'd be best to spell out his views clearly rather than have others try to guess what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Again you know him? You had a discussion with him about this? Why didn't he explain this to us?

Other statements like these below dont help his cause:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110944209&postcount=1585
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111023853&postcount=2377

Odhinn wrote: »
    I asked him specifically about "black" people though. That quote looks like the kind of thing that comes from islamophobes. Perhaps he'd be best to spell out his views clearly rather than have others try to guess what they are.

If you call me a fascist because I'm praising Donald Trump, I could say "well if fascism means supporting the US president, then call me a fascist"

It doesn't mean I admit to being a fascist, but rather means I am critiquing your definition of fascism.

Exactly the same as Stephen's statement, he was criticizing the word racism. Some people are only willfully ignorant when it suits.

Is it fair to call someone a racist when their views aren't "clear"?

On the net I can only judge people by what they say. DOnt say it if it could be misinterpreted. Is that not rule 1 of using the internet???

If you call me a fascist because I'm praising Donald Trump, I could say "well if fascism means supporting the US president, then call me a fascist"

It doesn't mean I admit to being a fascist, but rather means I am critiquing your definition of fascism.

Exactly the same as Stephen's statement, he was criticizing the word racism. Some people are only willfully ignorant when it suits.

I asked him straight out. He gave an answer that would seem to indicate he has nothing against dark skinned people. Other statements by him though, are still problematic, meaning he may have it in for muslims, as that sort of rhetoric is associated with islamophobia.

• Advertisement

Groups of posters have set the bar for 'racist' so low on boards.ie that its a meaningless word, I just read it as "anyone right of Stalin"

Uhm the context is all there. Maybe you missed the floundering conversation where he worked very hard to keep Brown countries out of his definition of the first world, while including numerous third world countries in his “first world” examples. Why derail the thread: if you’ve read the thread you’d know that yes he admits to being a proud racist and has argued for treating anyone not of Irish diaspora as second rate, especially as it pertains to seeking citizenship. You don’t have to look hard when the lad thinks South Africa is “culturally backwards” and SA immigrants too dissimilar to integrate into Irish culture, but somehow Koreans, who don’t even use the same alphabet, eat dogs, etc. are more favorable immigrants from a cultural compatibility perspective. But why am I rehashing this all for you? It’s all in this thread.

I haven’t seen any CA/IMHO mods get involved in this conversation so I don’t see how they are perpetuating anything.

Groups of posters have set the bar for 'racist' so low on boards.ie that its a meaningless word, I just read it as "anyone right of Stalin"

Is it really that low of a bar, or are you just exasperated because you don’t fit under it?

Then you must be poorly read up on what racists have done. But no I’m not specifically sure what “tongue in cheek” comment you’re talking about. Clearly though you asked me a loaded question given your familiarity with the thread.

Being half Asian I know all about racism in Ireland. Growing up in poor estate, I think I can honestly say I'm fairly knowledgeable about the subject.

What experience and expertise do you have exactly with racism?

Is it really that low of a bar, or are you just exasperated because you don’t fit under it?

Its pretty low, theres always somebody about to play the offended card for anything.

you have to remember this is the forum where a regular objector to my posts suggested that white kids had blacked up to attack people outside a nightclub rather than accept the video of black kids doing it.

Being half Asian I know all about racism in Ireland. Growing up in poor estate, I think I can honestly say I'm fairly knowledgeable about the subject.

This isn't a tribunal or a law court. Everyone's experiences are different. It's called life.

Its pretty low, theres always somebody about to play the offended card for anything.

you have to remember this is the forum where a regular objector to my posts suggested that white kids had blacked up to attack people outside a nightclub rather than accept the video of black kids doing it.

Blackface is only o.k. when committing terrorism, not at halloween partys though!

Expertise? What is expertise in racism?

Can’t rule out the possibilities until the perpetrator is convicted. Similarly we can’t say for sure that white supremacists don’t don’t blackface and shoot up black neighborhoods in the US when most perps are never ID’d. When you rule out the impossible, everything else, no matter how improbable, is still possible.

• Advertisement

Expertise? What is expertise in racism?

To differentiate between a racist and someone that wants stronger immigration controls would be a good start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement