Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think Gemma is a re-reg on here now and has taken to focusing on her growing collection of cats? Citation needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I really have no words for some of her supporters.

https://twitter.com/Fluffyc46417968/status/1166062199514836994?s=20

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Is this thread about Gemma or am I lost in this bull crap of insulting people about cats?????

I'm lost.
    Sometimes people have nothing better to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Fair enough. Would you put Leo varadkar in that category also?

Same category as Trump and Gemma. Of course not. Still not a fan of him though. Would i vote for him. No. Hes more interested in his image than actual policies. And the biggest issue facing Irish people of rents and housing in general only gets worse on their watch (do not dare say immigration is making it worse, it's years of failed government policy that is at fault).
    One thing he and coveney are getting right is their stance on Brexit. That's about it. Nearly everything else (bar the referendums) on their watch has been a ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

My guns and ammo are well hidden , are kept in pristine condition and are ready to the coming Isis attacks

You'll have them polished down to nothing before Isis come looking for you:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Odhinn wrote: »
    Who? Care to name them?

The ones that call people racist in this thread without evidence. I have already posted a long list of those people saying 'its in the thread' you must have missed it.

Here it is in the thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111079864&postcount=3598

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ollkiller wrote: »
    Same category as Trump and Gemma. Of course not. Still not a fan of him though. Would i vote for him. No. Hes more interested in his image than actual policies. And the biggest issue facing Irish people of rents and housing in general only gets worse on their watch (do not dare say immigration is making it worse, it's years of failed government policy that is at fault).
    One thing he and coveney are getting right is their stance on Brexit. That's about it. Nearly everything else (bar the referendums) on their watch has been a ****show.

The difference is Leo was already a failed politician before he got the top job in the country. A very poor minister for health. Another difference is that the public didn't actually vote for Leo . He was chosen by the party. We don't get to vote.

An outsider looking in would say that our system is pretty ****e. Stones glass houses and all that.

Trump is not a politician, hes a business man and a bully. Leo is a con man who brings nothing to the table . I would prefer Trump.

As leo said himself during his trip to the Us:

Mr Varadkar said: "Your ambition is to make America Great Again, and I think we can already see some of the results of that”.

"The American economy is booming. More jobs. Rising incomes. Exactly what you said you’d do

Has any progress been made on our ever growing healthcare waiting lists? Over 700k waiting now

Housing? Nope

Scandal after scandal with no end in sight. And an opposition party who have signed up not to oppose the government! Yeah think are rosy over here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kimsang wrote: »
    The ones that call people racist in this thread without evidence. I have already posted a long list of those people saying 'its in the thread' you must have missed it.

Here it is in the thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111079864&postcount=3598
    You must have missed people telling you they arent "woke" and then answering your survey. If you tried to read you would know this Gem. Reading has never been your strong point.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You must have missed people telling you they arent "woke" and then answering your survey. If you tried to read you would know this Gem. Reading has never been your strong point.

You are up early Pj. Off to walk the cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What is with your Cat fetish?

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    What is with your Cat fetish?

Make Cats Great Again I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Can the cat sh1t/boring personal stuff stop please? Thanks.

I subbed to this thread to laugh my arse off at the online/offline antics of the dear leader especially since the great free speech advocate herself blocked me on Twatter for daring to ask her highness a question.

Back to the chemtrail and measles lovin nutster please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The difference is Leo was already a failed politician before he got the top job in the country. A very poor minister for health. Another difference is that the public didn't actually vote for Leo . He was chosen by the party. We don't get to vote.

An outsider looking in would say that our system is pretty ****e. Stones glass houses and all that.

Trump is not a politician, hes a business man and a bully. Leo is a con man who brings nothing to the table . I would prefer Trump.

As leo said himself during his trip to the Us:

Mr Varadkar said: "Your ambition is to make America Great Again, and I think we can already see some of the results of that”.

"The American economy is booming. More jobs. Rising incomes. Exactly what you said you’d do

Has any progress been made on our ever growing healthcare waiting lists? Over 700k waiting now

Housing? Nope

Scandal after scandal with no end in sight. And an opposition party who have signed up not to oppose the government! Yeah think are rosy over here

The american economy was "booming" in the last 2 years of Obama's presidency and has continued as such during Trumps reign. Economic cycles happen and they have feck all to do with who is president.

Next no one votes for the Taoiseach. The party that wins decides who is leader.

As regards you'd prefer Trump to Leo. Nothing i can say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What are the chances shes seen the movie?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1166260561291730944

The Nal wrote: »
    What are the chances shes seen the movie?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1166260561291730944

I actually watched the documentary last night on Hulu.
    Hail Satan! is very entertaining and revealing.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I actually watched the documentary last night on Hulu.
    Hail Satan! is very entertaining and revealing.

I enjoyed it yeah. Not really what Gems are her ignorant followers assume it is.

The old religious right. Bash something you haven't even seen.

The Nal wrote: »
    I enjoyed it yeah. Not really what Gems are her ignorant followers assume it is.

The old religious right. Bash something you haven't even seen.

Yep, the challenging of 'the USA is a Christian country' was fascinating.

Poor old G'OD hasn't the capacity to grasp that it isn't.
    Or just like your common or garden grifter she does but uses the headline to capture some more rabbits in the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Gemma's very kindly summed up her crack pot theories in one easy tweet:
    https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1166274264837820416?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭whippet

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Gemma's very kindly summed up her crack pot theories in one easy tweet:
    https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1166274264837820416?s=20

that's a full house of delusional paranoia

Gem's wins the pot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm not to up on the history of Gemma, was there sanity at some stage and something triggered all this or has she always come across this way?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I'm not to up on the history of Gemma, was there sanity at some stage and something triggered all this or has she always come across this way?

Was a well respected journalist for a long time.
    Something happened. Who knows what. She went screwball scramble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Fired from her job and her husband died from Motor Neurone Disease a few years back.

Fired from her job and her husband died from Motor Neurone Disease a few years back.

Didn’t know about the husband. That could have done it alright

A fairly bland features writer for the Sindo for 15 years but wrote an article on Fr Niall Molloy which helped get the case re-opened and then she seemed to go a bit rogue. They couldn't wait to get rid of her but went about it the wrong way.

Its been a steady decline over the last decade or so.

In truth, what has Gemma O’Doherty exposed?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Make Cats Great Again I say
    OK, that's enough about cats - back on topic

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The American public got to vote for Trump. A plurality voted for Clinton. An outsider looing in would say the gerrymandered electoral college system is pretty fecked...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

So despite all of her threats to various journalists (not hypocritical at all to be trying to silence people!) she's only sueing three people at present - that's Village magazine, pro-science and pro-vaccine David Grimes, and Panti Bliss? Classy woman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please tell me she, not us the tax payer, has to pay for all that High Court nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

spurious wrote: »
    Please tell me she, not us the tax payer, has to pay for all that High Court nonsense.

The costs for that will be all on her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement