Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Be intertwining to see if this goes any further i have my doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

No one has EVER died on suicide watch before, and never will again.

It's a bit like a Sky Scrape falling due to fire, won't happen again. But managed to happen multiple times in the space of a few hours on Sep 11

Why bring 9/11 conspiracies into the thread? You are discrediting this story by doing so.

This was a convicted trafficker and abuser. With ties to Trump, Clinton, Democrats and Republicans.
    He was basically the most known person in jail at this moment in time and managed to die while in custody.

This story stands on its own for how remarkable it is. Bringing 9/11 into it cheapens the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Well well, what a surprise. Who didn't see this coming? Another great cover up in the good ole USA.

Epstein was only the tip of the iceberg but nobody else will be charged.

After a few years of repeated lies it will be forgotten about and people will eventually mock those suggesting a conspiracy as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

BloodBath wrote: »
    Well well, what a surprise. Who didn't see this coming? Another great cover up in the good ole USA.

Epstein was only the tip of the iceberg but nobody else will be charged.

After a few years of repeated lies it will be forgotten about and people will eventually mock those suggesting a conspiracy as usual.

Election next year

None of this is going away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Has happened loads of times, here's just one example
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7819286.stm

Colin Bell, 34, who was serving a life sentence at HMP Maghaberry for murder, hanged himself at the fourth attempt.

He was on suicide watch and was meant to be monitored every 15 minutes.

:rolleyes:

Some lads on here have lost the run of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Just a quote from Blackadder:

‘died when he accidentally brutally stabbed himself in the stomach while shaving’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Why bring 9/11 conspiracies into the thread? You are discrediting this story by doing so.

This was a convicted trafficker and abuser. With ties to Trump, Clinton, Democrats and Republicans.
    He was basically the most known person in jail at this moment in time and managed to die while in custody.

This story stands on its own for how remarkable it is. Bringing 9/11 into it cheapens the whole thing.

Absolutely.

Conspiracies do happen although most conspiracy theories are junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Election next year

None of this is going away

It’s in the interests of both parties that it does. And the establishment. Within a month the suicide of Epstein will be relegated to conspiracy forums.

It’s in the interests of both parties that it does. And the establishment. Within a month the suicide of Epstein will be relegated to conspiracy forums.

Exactly and you will get the usual idiots in there deriding anyone for suggesting this was a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How do you commit suicide when on suicide watch? I mean I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if ever there was fuel for one, this is it.

It's checked every 15 minutes. You wait till you are checked then bam 15 minutes to kill yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

It's checked every 15 minutes. You wait till you are checked then bam 15 minutes to kill yourself

There isn't supposed to be anything in the cell you can kill yourself with.

Bedding and clothes shouldn't be able to be ripped to make a noose or anything.

E.g. https://www.thomaskneale.co.uk/the-benefits-of-arbry-high-security-blanket/

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭creeper1

What is this point of all the outrage ? it's like he voluntarily gave us capital punishment. don't think there is any more we could ask for unless you want him to die in cruel and unusual way.

maybe it might be harder to get dirt on left wing scumbags such as Bill Clinton.

The left are absolute scum

creeper1 wrote: »
    What is this point of all the outrage ? it's like he voluntarily gave us capital punishment. don't think there is any more we could ask for unless you want him to die in cruel and unusual way.

maybe it might be harder to get dirt on left wing scumbags such as Bill Clinton.

The point is the powerful people he procured children for will get away scot free again because they keep suiciding anybody with dirt on them in a compromised position.

Why does everything have to descent into left vs right rhetoric as well. Give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

laugh wrote: »
    There isn't supposed to be anything in the cell you can kill yourself with.

Bedding and clothes shouldn't be able to be ripped to make a noose or anything.

E.g. https://www.thomaskneale.co.uk/the-benefits-of-arbry-high-security-blanket/

You can kill yourself in those rooms. And do you know that's the blanket used??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

creeper1 wrote: »

Would be good if he lived to testify don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

"Suicide". :rolleyes:

Assisted in some way, I would imagine.

Are you sure he was on suicide watch? He should have been but was he?

Even his previous injury was not confirmed as a suicide attempt.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Should be no cause for conspiracy once the 24/7 camera footage (as standard for these cells) are released.

If they are. (;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Should be no cause for conspiracy once the 24/7 camera footage (as standard for these cells) are released.

If they are. (;

Guaranteed the cameras will have malfunctioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

BloodBath wrote: »
    The point is the powerful people he procured children for will get away scot free again because they keep suiciding anybody with dirt on them in a compromised position.

Why does everything have to descent into left vs right rhetoric as well. Give it a rest.

Maybe give ‘they’ a rest also then?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,336 ✭✭✭✭Penn

While there is a lot of physical evidence the investigators have collected which could still implicate a lot of high-up names, the simple fact is the biggest piece of evidence against anyone would have been Epstein himself. Conversations, phone calls, witnessing etc. Stuff for which there is no physical evidence but Epstein could have seriously hung people out to dry on.

Instead he's seemingly the first ever suicide in this facility, they knew he was a suicide risk, they took him off suicide watch, and there are reports the cctv in and around his cell was down as it was malfunctioning.

Something extremely f*cky happened. No one will mourn his death due to his actions, but there are definitely people celebrating it due to their own actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Guaranteed the cameras will have malfunctioned.

Software "upgrade" this weekend, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

biko wrote: »
    I'm glad he is arrested. Shows rich people are not above the law.

Oh well, ...

some of us would have agreed, guess we all learned something today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I see posters on some other sites are suggesting his death may have been faked and that he has been whisked off to be given a new identity.

Sounds crazy for sure, but who knows we live in a crazy world...lets hope his body will be displayed and that it won't be some private cremation or buried at sea like Bin Laden's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

NYT is reporting he wasn't on suicide watch (anonymous source)

(Paywall, private window to read it)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-suicide-watch.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=aut&bicmp=AD&bicmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&fbclid=IwAR2eS2GSGNY0TWgvcVPmpMfn46F3sQNcCUQ6ZTAIQ31WZaejvLLuJrz3QqM

Main report:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-suicide.html

"Mr. Epstein had been on suicide watch after he was found injured on July 23 and received a daily psychiatric evaluation, according to a person familiar with his detention. He was removed from suicide watch on July 29 and returned to the special housing unit, a segregated area of the prison with extra security, this person said."

Murkier and murkier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

archer22 wrote: »
    I see posters on some other sites are suggesting his death may have been faked and that he has been whisked off to be given a new identity.

Sounds crazy for sure, but who knows we live in a crazy world...lets hope his body will be displayed and that it won't be some private cremation or buried at sea like Bin Laden's.

Since when are dead bodies ever on public display?

Jesus these conspiritards are worse than I thought

NoteAgent wrote: »

A coffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Jeffrey killed before he could expose others. Sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

The case against Epstein is over, his accomplices though . . .

Will the story go down the memory hole, or will prosecutors pursue the case? I will bet on the former.

My guess is Epstein was threatening to blackmail some powerful people – why he would use leverage instead of keep leverage, I don’t know. But once he threatened them, he was arrested and then "suicided." After all dead men tell no tales.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

NoteAgent wrote: »

I can tell you're not of the Torajan variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

A coffin?

Since when does a body be shown to the general public(not a funeral) to prove someone is dead and why should they

Advertisement