Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the existing Epstein thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Very interesting development. Donald has publically linked Bill Clinton to Jeffrey Epsteins sex trafficking ring. Mr Epstein mysteriously died in custody yesterday.

thats rich coming from him

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

fryup wrote: »

Exactly; and especially since it is his "private lawyer" who's over the DOJ.
    A better theory might be that the prison guards were instructed from their superiors to go lightly on checking him.
    Of course, his supporters comments that the Russian investigation is a"hoax", and the White Supremacy tag is a "hoax".
    However, their spreading of the rumour that Hillary Clinton ran a paedophile ring from a bakery in New York is truth.
    It is just too bizarre, but nothing surprises me about Trump's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

It is entirely plausible that Clinton would have used Epsteins "services". It is on the record that he was a frequent flyer on the 'lolita express', and he is a well known sex predator. Trump is a lot of things but I don't think a pedo is one of them, I have no doubt Bill Clinton is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It is entirely plausible that Clinton would have used Epsteins "services". It is on the record that he was a frequent flyer on the 'lolita express', and he is a well known sex predator. Trump is a lot of things but I don't think a pedo is one of them, I have no doubt Bill Clinton is.

I wouldnt be so sure about that

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-former-miss-arizona-tasha-dixon-naked-undressed-backstage-howard-stern-a7357866.html%3famp
    Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant also said the Republican used to walk in. Some of the girls were as young as 15.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Epstein, or How Your News is Cooked
    That main take-away, the Big Kahuna, which concerns the President of the United States, is that Giuffre fully exonerates Trump. At least for what she has witnessed of Epstein’s behavior. And Giuffre, if you follow the story, was a pretty central figure in the Epstein/Maxwell depravity. And she was that for many years. So you would think that must be the Guardian’s big fat headline tomorrow morning. Yeah, good luck.

The Guardian wrote the story for you long ago -and you don’t get a say-: Trump=BAD and Putin=BAD and Julian Assange=BAD and Jeremy Corbyn=an antisemite, so also BAD.

Here are the docs:

<snip>
    Also, the news out of those unsealed docs is that the President of the United States is exonerated by perhaps the no. 1 victim in Jeffrey Epstein’s cabal, and the media just “forget” to report on that?

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

media not going so well or Clinton either.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

And of course his remarks about Epstein liking them "on the younger side", and referring to his own daughter when she was 9 years old as "hot" shows his nature. Given his mendacity and filth that comes out of his mouth, I wouldn't trust him around any young girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1160205614783635458

Wake up people. He was a very high profile prisoner, they had him this should not have happened.. Excuses will be made and some of the media will claim there know grand conspiracy here, but only the gullible will believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Epstein himself claimed last month that he was attacked, that they tried to kill him. Why would be claim that? He said it, he should know.

• Advertisement

Polanski got a standing ovation from DNC Hollywood supporters during the Oscar ceremony. The applause for a child abuser shows clearly the amazing double standard on sex that the left indulges in…any sex no matter how depraved, is OK if you are a Democrat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Dear Jesus, trying to make this into a left versus right issue.. I think this most want convictions regardless of where the perpetrators stand on the political spectrum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

batgoat wrote: »
    Dear Jesus, trying to make this into a left versus right issue.. I think this most want convictions regardless of where the perpetrators stand on the political spectrum...

Just to be clear - are you responding to the Clinton bashers or the Trump bashers or both?

Just to be clear - are you responding to the Clinton bashers or the Trump bashers or both?

Both, although unfortunately Trump himself is engaging in the very same bull**** by pushing some of the more batty conspiracies. That's a statement of fact, not bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Must have been terrible for the lad. Built up a successful career for himself and made his billions only for some chungwan he rode years ago to come along saying she was forced into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Both, although unfortunately Trump himself is engaging in the very same bull**** by pushing some of the more batty conspiracies. That's a statement of fact, not bashing.

Couldn’t resist getting a dig in. Pot, kettle.

Must have been terrible for the lad. Built up a successful career for himself and made his billions only for some chungwan he rode years ago to come along saying she was forced into it

He ran a sex trafficking racket of minors... I'd suggest you familiarise yourself with the story rather than spouting uninformed nonsense.
    Couldn’t resist getting a dig in. Pot, kettle.

Hardly, he is engaging in the exact same stuff that posters in this thread are. I'm not speculating about Trump's involvement with Epstein, I'm literally referring to POTUS retweeting conspiracy theories. That only contributes further towards politicising it rather than an actual pursuit of justice for victims.

Is it a conspiracy theory because the MSM say so. They have a long history of covering for the Clintons. If it is such an unfounded theory with no truth to it then Bill should be on to his team of Lawyers to sue trump for defamation.. that will never happen though.

All the hero worship of Bill Clinton. He was practically held up as a walking saint in this country. I can understand the blind defence of the man, people don't like to think they were admireing a pedo. Clinton is up there with Jimmy Savile in terms of being a sexual predator.

Hardly, he is engaging in the exact same stuff that posters in this thread are. I'm not speculating about Trump's involvement with Epstein, I'm literally referring to POTUS retweeting conspiracy theories. That only contributes further towards politicising it rather than an actual pursuit of justice for victims.

Few people are interested in justice for victims (other than lawyers). Elements of the media are taking every opportunity to associate Donald Trump with Jeffrey Epstein for political purposes and have consistently sought to denigrate him even before he was elected president of the United States. As an example prior to Epsteins death the news cycle actively implied that Trump was the inspiration for the recent mass shootings until that narrative fell apart and Democrats were portrayed as standing on the coffins of the dead for political and financial gain.

Trump Is a White Nationalist Who Inspires Terrorism
    Michelle Goldberg, Aug. 5, 2019

White Terrorism Shows ‘Stunning’ Parallels to Islamic State’s Rise
    Max Fisher, Aug. 5, 2019

I Spent 25 Years Fighting Jihadis. White Supremacists Aren’t So Different.
    Ali H. Soufan, Aug. 5, 2019

Trump, Tax Cuts and Terrorism
    Paul Krugman, Aug. 5, 2019

The Nihilist in Chief - How our president and our mass shooters are connected to the same dark psychic forces.
    Ross Douthat, Aug. 6, 2019

This is the New York Times (and many others that take their lead from this paper) spewing incendiary language at a volume and intensity that What in the world is driving this hysteria that seems to be coordinated? Is the hatred of Trump that visceral among certain members of the media or given the original attacks failed on him is this a new strategy going into 2020? Trump has been engaged in a direct fight with the media, they throw muck at him and he flings it right back at them.

The problem here is that the media is engaging in guilt by association so paradoxically the victims of Epsteins death may be Donald Trump, Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew and anyone else who gets dragged through the mud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭bunderoon

All the hero worship of Bill Clinton. He was practically held up as a walking saint in this country. I can understand the blind defence of the man, people don't like to think they were admireing a pedo. Clinton is up there with Jimmy Savile in terms of being a sexual predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

There shouldn't have been anything in his cell that he could have used to hang himself. Very fishy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Had he talked to his lawyers since the first attempted suicide?
    Did he speak out about anyone attacking him that time?

I'd believe people in powerful positions putting pressure on him to kill himself but I don't think he was murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

tuxy wrote: »
    Had he talked to his lawyers since the first attempted suicide?
    Did he speak out about anyone attacking him that time?

I'd believe people in powerful positions putting pressure on him to kill himself but I don't think he was murdered.

Murdered / coerced into committing suicide is there really a difference?

Id be interested to know who decided he should be taken off suicide watch.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Murdered / coerced into committing suicide is there really a difference?

Id be interested to know who decided he should be taken off suicide watch.

Well one is going to be much easier to cover up so I guess that's the main difference.

He claimed he was attacked. But they still left him in a position to get attacked again.

He claimed he was attacked.

Is there a source for that?
    It seemed at the time the authorities had no interest in finding out if he was attacked or not.

Is there a source for that?
    It seemed at the time the authorities had no interest in finding out if he was attacked or not.

It was official that he claimed he was attacked. Lawyer said it.

But when your cell mate is an ex cop with connections then its sounds possible that he was used to kill him.
    37861007001_5257398347001_5257386571001-vs.jpg

It was official that he claimed he was attacked. Lawyer said it.

Yes I understand what you're saying and I'm not doubting it I'd just like a source for it as I can't find one.
    Who did his Lawyer say it to and was it reported in the media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Yes I understand what you're saying and I'm not doubting it I'd just like a source for it as I can't find one.
    Who did his Lawyer say it to and was it reported in the media?

IT may be a "front page of the Internet" effect, but I can't find any claims from his lawyer at all, in fact he has refused to comment since his death.

The claims that someone tried to kill him weeks before his first suicide attempt (if that's what it was) are from inmates and anonymous guards, and all seem to date from after his death.

I'd really like to see a link to his lawyer making this allegation and dating from the days before his death, not after it. I can't seem to find that.

Advertisement