Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,249 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think it’s pretty obvious that something is afoot here.

Prison suicide rates are pretty significant though. Take a very guilty person and put them in an unwinnable situation and all you need is enough clothing and a little bit of time where the guards are not watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Overheal wrote: »
    Prison suicide rates are pretty significant though. Take a very guilty person and put them in an unwinnable situation and all you need is enough clothing and a little bit of time where the guards are not watching.

Sure. On 24 hour suicide watch?

Maybe I've watched too much Homeland, but being found dead on the same day Prince Andrew (and I imagine he's just the tip of the iceberg) is revealed to have been accused of sleeping with one of his alleged underage sex slaves...I mean, you don't have to be Columbo to smell a rat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein has been found dead in his prison cell while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges, US media report.

His body was discovered at 07:30 local time (11:30 GMT) on Saturday at the facility in New York.

The exact circumstances of his death are unclear.

Epstein had pleaded not guilty to sex trafficking and conspiracy charges and was being held without bail.

Last month, he was found semi-conscious in his cell with injuries to his neck. He was treated at a nearby hospital, reports say, before being returned to his cell at New York's Metropolitan Correctional Center.

Epstein was accused of paying girls under the age of 18 to perform sex acts at his Manhattan and Florida mansions between 2002 and 2005.

He was arrested on 6 July after landing in New Jersey on his private jet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49306032

It was coming. He attempted a couple of weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Way too convenient.
    Who knew suicide watch meant watching someone commit suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Prince Andrew name drop was the last straw. Suicide by Royal decree.

• Advertisement

Bit mad.

I'm pretty curious by nature so I'd wait to see how my own trial played out before killing myself. Lad lacked enough intellect to stay alive I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Now while I'm not one for jumping on a conspiracy bandwagon...

Serious questions need to be asked how a man with a previous attempt at this, and who was supposedly on suicide watch has managed to be successful in evading justice?

Who gains from this death?
    It's far far too convenient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

He cod have implicated a number of influential men inbolved in dirty deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Let's hope he kept detailed files

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Hopefully the rest of his pals can still be brought to justice,dirty scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved from AH > CA and merged with existing thread.

Ah Reddit.. "I believe it’s called suicide watch, not suicide stop."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

2492DC8C00000578-2908852-image-a-6_1421185144981.jpg

Seemingly he never met her.

royal-sex-scandal-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-teen-interview-pp.jpg

Tip of the iceberg stuff, I would say he is not the only wealthy asshole with a lot to lose who is breathing a sigh of relief this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,249 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sure. On 24 hour suicide watch?

Depends on the stringency of the watch. Ochams razor: you give the perception to the inmate they might be watched 24/7, in reality there is about 1 guard per 9 inmates in a prison, all with varying job capacities, and on the graveyard shift it’s less than that. Those cats are not staring intently at the CCTV screens, 24/7. It really all depends to what degree he was on watch: ie. Intense watch could be placing a guard at the cell 24/7, 1:1 watch so to speak, it could also involve fully unclothing an inmate and removing all objects from a room in very extreme cases. It greatly depends on what degree of watch he was on, I’m sure there will be a public inquiry either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    2492DC8C00000578-2908852-image-a-6_1421185144981.jpg

Seemingly he never met her.

royal-sex-scandal-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-teen-interview-pp.jpg

Tip of the iceberg stuff, I would say he is not the only wealthy asshole with a lot to lose who is breathing a sigh of relief this morning.

He was mentioned numerous times in the depositions released yesterday, and pretty damning stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He cod have implicated a number of influential men inbolved in dirty deeds.

Fishy for sure, this could have been an example of the men in the shadows on both sides of the House making sure to limit the damage.

PS I can see this becoming a cludo based meme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Depends on the stringency of the watch. Ochams razor: you give the perception to the inmate they might be watched 24/7, in reality there is about 1 guard per 9 inmates in a prison, all with varying job capacities, and on the graveyard shift it’s less than that. Those cats are not staring intently at the CCTV screens, 24/7. It really all depends to what degree he was on watch: ie. Intense watch could be placing a guard at the cell 24/7, 1:1 watch so to speak, it could also involve fully unclothing an inmate and removing all objects from a room in very extreme cases. It greatly depends on what degree of watch he was on, I’m sure there will be a public inquiry either way.

Do you work for the Clinton's or something?

He was mentioned numerous times in the depositions released yesterday, and pretty damning stuff.

Prince Andrew ?

Sorry excuse me I meant to say the Duke of York ?

I would say anyone with mob connections would be able to get into a prison in Manhattan, or maybe I am just watching too many gangster flicks.

The fact that he was already on suicide watch is most alarming.

A lot of rich powerful men doing handstands this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I'm a bit divided on this one. He was an incredibly high profile prisoner and I can't help but think it's odd that he wasn't more closely monitored after one suicide attempt. So I'm inclined to say guards simply ignored him or something more suspect happened. And you know how I'm literally one of the least conspiratorial people.
    Do you work for the Clinton's or something?
    Since there's a lot of high profile people who are being implicated by Epstein, it would seem a tad agendaic to center it all on a Clinton conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Ah lads, do yis not get it? He’s not dead at all!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We'll be reading about the conspiracy theories for years to come and there's a real whiff of 'shut him up at all costs' to the whole thing.

Once the British royal family are involved, things have a habbit of going sideways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

batgoat wrote: »
    I'm a bit divided on this one. He was an incredibly high profile prisoner and I can't help but think it's odd that he wasn't more closely monitored after one suicide attempt. So I'm inclined to say guards simply ignored him or something more suspect happened. And you know how I'm literally one of the least conspiratorial people.

Since there's a lot of high profile people who are being implicated by Epstein, it would seem a tad agendaic to center it all on a Clinton conspiracy.

Yeh. He was an intelligence asset, later he was an intelligence liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'd say there are a few that will breathe a sigh of relief .!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/10/jeffrey-epstein-dead-prison-report-latest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How was he not on 24/7 suicide watch ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

That's a pity. He was about to sing like a canary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

statesaver wrote: »
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It's odd alright. As a rule I give very short shrift to conspiracy theories, but I reckon he was murdered, I spoke about this with a couole of people at work a few weeks ago and I said then that I would be surprised if he shows up for his trial.

he had an enormous amount of dirt on some very influential people; enough to plea bargain his way out of jail and to live th rest of his life comfortably elsewhere. Too many people wanted him dead.

That he was so 'valuable' and that he was on heightened suicide watch just leaves more questions surrounding this. It will possible never be satisfactorily resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

On suicide watch apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

statesaver wrote: »

Or maybe they were watching him to make sure he did it. :cool:

Advertisement