Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

You couldn't make this **** up.

Billy boy survives another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

laugh wrote: »
    On suicide watch apparently.

Who had they got watching him ?...Stevie Wonder !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Yeh. He was an intelligence asset, then he was an intelligence liability.

He knew too much. He was murdered. It be called a suicide and it be forgotten in a few days.

Just like Lee Harvey Oswald, he was never going to see the inside of a court room to tell his story.

Well they certainly fcuked that up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The most convenient death this millennium.

We need this investigation to continue and all those named to face justice in a court, and let them decide who is guilty or not. No one should escape justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm in shock, I never saw that coming. O wait I did, in fact it was so obvious .

Isn't it funny that since he was arrested he hasn't had the means to say one word to the outside world.
    No interview, nothing. They tried to kill him once, and then while on '' Suicide Watch '' dies. That is a first I can imagine.

source.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Such a blatant silencing-I just hope he had cache of evidence waiting to be released in the event of something like this happening.

Even CNN saying the timing of his death is 'questionable'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well they certainly fcuked that up

How so, won't many be extremely relieved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Not trying to be smart, but that didn't work out too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

He could have got a plea bargain.

Get convictions of numerous politicians and celebrities in exchange for a shorter sentence.

Or is that just in the movies?

He was a guy who wanted to live forever. He had no reason to die, he had to be silenced though, and those who killed him will walk away.
    I knew this was coming, that man was kept silent since his arrest, hasn't even had a media interview

It seems all the people implicated were doing the suicide watch...waiting for confirmation of the death on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

RMAOK wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart, but that didn't work out too well.

'But boss, we watched him alright! He did it and we watched it all happen boss!'

*Smacks their head with rolled up newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Suicide... while on suicide watch.
    Hmmm.

He must be an actual saint then.

He's willing to martyr himself and go down in a fire of utter infamy taking no one with him?
    Doesn't make much sense.

Why wouldn't he talk, take everyone with him and then kill himself if he wanted to?

There'll be a lot of very relieved people today. Can't help thinking he either felt he had no option because of threats or that someone conveniently "took care" of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Sawduck wrote: »
    Hopefully the rest of his pals can still be brought to justice,dirty scumbags

Little chance of that now,that possibility has been neutralised...rather conveniently.

Whatever happened now I think it can be taken for granted there was no way the rich and powerful were going to just wait around idly for their prison cells.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    He could have got a plea bargain.

Get convictions of numerous politicians and celebrities in exchange for a shorter sentence.

Or is that just in the movies?

Eh that's why they killed him.. Some idiot interfered with his previous deal and tried to get justice for his victims, Epstein would have dragged a lot of men down with him, so they got to him first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Prince Andrew doesn't need to remarry Sarah now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I respect that the this brings a lot of negative publicity onto Prince Andrew etc. But to be quite honest it does not mean they were involved. There are a lot of people who are capable of pulling this off.

He may have been offered a deal with his own families safety etc. Things can get really really nasty if necessary.

He knew loads of rich and powerful people. George Mitchell, The Clintons, Prince Andrew, Tony Blair... never mind the underworld chunts he would have known.

It is too simplistic to implicate the Royal Family, I am not saying they weren't involved, but it is too easy to throw mud there.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised. Someone like him taking his own life? I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was one of the other men at the centre of the peace process named as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep and a slew of democrats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Yep he was a pal of George Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

If this happened in a Russian prison to someone with dirt on Putin and various other high profile figures it would be assumed in the western media that he had been killed. Tomorrow's papers will be interesting.

§ 552.42 Suicide watch conditions.

(a)Housing. Each institution must have one or more rooms designated specifically for housing an inmate on suicide watch. The designated room must allow staff to maintain adequate control of the inmate without compromising the ability to observe and protect the inmate.

(b)Observation.

(1)Staff or trained inmate observers operating in scheduled shifts are responsible for keeping the inmate under constant observation.

(2) Only the Warden may authorize the use of inmate observers.

(3)Inmate observers are considered to be on an institution work assignment when they are on their scheduled shift.

(c)Suicide watch log. Observers are to document significant observed behavior in a log book.

(d)Termination. Based upon clinical findings, the Program Coordinator or designee will:

(1) Remove the inmate from suicide watch when the inmate is no longer at imminent risk for suicide, or

(2) Arrange for the inmate's transfer to a medical referral center or health care facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Perhaps he knew they would try get him,and the suicide 'attempt' last week was a means to get on 24 hour watch,to try stop them getting to him . First thing I thought of after hearing he's dead.

No one has EVER died on suicide watch before, and never will again.

It's a bit like a Sky Scrape falling due to fire, won't happen again. But managed to happen multiple times in the space of a few hours on Sep 11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

123balltv wrote: »
    Prince Andrew doesn't need to remarry Sarah now

Exactly what I thought too.
    It was all over the news this morning that she was flying into the royal Scottish retreat to be with him.
    The royals would hardly touch her with a barge pole, shes never invited to any of their things, now suddenly she's going on holidays with them!
    They clearly just wanted to spin the story and try buy some headlines with tales of them being lovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1160188170698469376

This is interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't turn up much though.

Advertisement