Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

A coffin?

I don't recall ever seeing the dead body of a celebrity whose committed suicide ever being put on display for the media to take pictures.

I'm not saying that it would be done for that reason. Just saying a coffin instead of a sea burial is more likely for a citizen of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Since when does a body be shown to the general public(not a funeral) to prove someone is dead and why should they
    To celebrate a wedding perhaps.
    ZOMBIE-FESTIVAL_0_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

This is so bizarre. Frightening really.

I think if anyone thinks that he killed himself, they are idiots. It's not a conspiracy. Someone of his profile would never be allowed to off themselves, to think otherwise is either political posturing or idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I don't see why this is relevant when it's been reported he was not on suicide watch.
    The real question is why wasn't he.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-suicide-watch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

laugh wrote: »
    On suicide watch apparently.

He was taken off suicide watch apparently. Might have nothing to do with the Barr administration order. 'who knows? Maybe his videos with Trump and his long term association with him had nothing to to with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

NoteAgent wrote: »
    Since when are dead bodies ever on public display?

Jesus these conspiritards are worse than I thought

Loads of times, just two examples.

The Syrian boy on the beach in Greece

And a few weeks ago the refugee girl and her father who drowned trying to enter the US.

I am sure if they can show pictures like that, then they can show Epstein if they want to.

archer22 wrote: »

And a few weeks ago the refugee girl and her father who drowned trying to enter the US.

I am sure if they can show pictures like that, then they can show Epstein if they want to.

Very true if it does indeed turn out that he died in a public place and someone got there to take a photo in time it will be published!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

archer22 wrote: »

Those pictures tell a very different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Wow ...now there will be no justice.

I'm genuinely appalled by this. This is ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Why would he kill himself when he's still on remand? He probably had a decent chance of either getting off altogether or a sentence that would leave him some daylight to look forward to in his final years, especially with hundreds of millions in the bank. If he had been sentenced to 40 years at a maximum security prison, it would be a lot more understandable.

sabat wrote:
    Why would he kill himself when he's still on remand? He probably had a decent chance of either getting off altogether or a sentence that would leave him some daylight to look forward to in his final years, especially with hundreds of millions in the bank. If he had been sentenced to 40 years at a maximum security prison, it would be a lot more understandable.

He didn't kill himself. It would be impossible to do so. This is lunacy

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Apparently this was Epstein’s last visitor #clintonbodycount

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ironicname wrote: »
    He wasn't on suicide watch.
    Originally Posted by sabat

Maybe he was shown something that made him think he wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Ironicname wrote: »

The prison system is controlled by the Department of Justice in the USA. William Barr is the Attorney General of the D.O.J. Who benefits from his death. Surely not the Potus ? Qed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

His security guard has spoken out

• Advertisement

The moment he was arrested I knew he would, ahem, "commit suicide". It was the most obvious outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Im surprised at Epsteins suicide, but not as surprised as he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

The prison system is controlled by the Department of Justice in the USA. William Barr is the Attorney General of the D.O.J. Who benefits from his death. Surely not the Potus ? Qed?

Can someone point out the links tying Epstein to Trump please? I've read a few articles trying to link them, and aside from Trump saying he was a great guy once and a few other small very minor links that very wealthy socialites would probably be expected to share, I can't really see anything that makes me think Trump would have anything to fear in this investigation. Certainly not as heavily linked as Bill Clinton or Prince Andrew and many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

sabat wrote: »

And aren't paedos notoriously brazen and remorseless? Like, most sex abusers I have read about don't ever think they have done anything wrong and always convince themselves that they are the victims. Eg Brendan Smyth, Ian Watkins, Bill Cosby etc

I very much doubt anyone with his level of narcissism would have the self awareness to want to kill himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

vladmydad wrote: »
    Apparently this was Epstein’s last visitor #clintonbodycount
    vladmydad wrote: »
    His security guard has spoken out

That’s enough of the nonsense. Let’s try to keep this discussion half sensible.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Capra wrote: »
    Can someone point out the links tying Epstein to Trump please? I've read a few articles trying to link them, and aside from Trump saying he was a great guy once and a few other small very minor links that very wealthy socialites would probably be expected to share, I can't really see anything that makes me think Trump would have anything to fear in this investigation. Certainly not as heavily linked as Bill Clinton or Prince Andrew and many others.

There are none it's just the usual mob looking to bash President Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭NoteAgent

The moment he was arrested I knew he would, ahem, "commit suicide". It was the most obvious outcome.

How was it the most obvious outcome? Are most people who allegedly commit suicide in jail actually murdered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭sxt

Anyone know the deal with Prince Andrew? Him "getting back" with fergie and going to Balmoral to "holiday" with the Queen were the headlines yesterday.

Can the finest lawyers and pr company's at The Queen's disposal, make theses allegations dissappear I wonder?

The thing most people are interest is not the sexual assaults but if they should blame Trump or Clinton.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

There are none it's just the usual mob looking to bash President Trump.

The woman currently suing Ghislaine Maxwell was recruited while working at Mar a Lago as a 15 year old. I don't think Trump "likes 'em young" or was directly involved but there's bound to be a lot of connections within the amoral rich Palm Beach set.

Advertisement