Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Frazer has died

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Britain even tries to pretend there are no Protestants anymore. Just Catholics and Muslims.

Think you are a bit confused there. There are still many protestant churches there eg Church of England etc etc Do not believe everything an Phoblocht told you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It is great to see it finally accepted that those who have nothing proven against them are innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It is great to see it finally accepted that those who have nothing proven against them are innocent.

That's a very good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

janfebmar wrote: »
    If you own a bar how are you to know who some of your customers may have been sometimes? Most people in N Ireland are refused a licence for a handgun for obvious reasons...Only those who really need one for personal protection get one, usually certain government employees.

...but he was refused one because he was an associate of the UVF. And then there's the fact that the UVF used his bar. And the fact a protestant family had to turn to Sinn Fein for assistance, because willie wouldn't go against his pals in the UVF. And the fact he was found found to have presided over" failures in the organisation's ability to adhere to the conditions associated with its funding allocation" uncovered following a "thorough audit" of the tendering and administration procedures used by FAIR.". And his faked death threats. And the fact he couldn't tell one flag from another. And the fact he said no member of the UVF should ever have been jailed.

Do you think no member of the UVF should ever have been jailed?

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...but he was refused one because he was an associate of the UVF. And then there's the fact that the UVF used his bar. And the fact a protestant family had to turn to Sinn Fein for assistance, because willie wouldn't go against his pals in the UVF

According to the link earlier the above is untrue.

• Advertisement

According to the link earlier the above is untrue.

What link?

The court heard that a certificate had been refused because of police intelligence that Mr Frazer had associated with paramilitaries.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/3958149.stm

...but

Do you think no member of the UVF should ever have been jailed?

I always condemned the paramilitaries on both sides. Of course the UVF should have been, and were, jailed. However Frazer was not a member of the UVF, as far as is known anyway.

I always condemned the paramilitaries on both sides. Of course the UVF should have been, and were, jailed. However Frazer was not a member of the UVF, as far as is known anyway.

He was an associate, as far as is known. In his time off from fiddling the books of his charity at least.

Another way of saying he did not need a handgun. 98% of the population would not get a handgun if they applied for one. Especially some man who had 6 members of his close family murdered and numerous friends, because of what was believed to be an ethnic cleansing campaign by extremist republicans. He may have met UVF members in the past, unknowingly or not. So what? Plenty of Republicans met PIRA members, unknowingly or not. at one time or another I bet.

He was an associate, as far as is known.

Never a member. Never found guilty of any crime, or suspected of it.

• Advertisement

Another way of saying he did not need a handgun. 9..............................

Pull the other one. They stated clearly he was an associate of paramilitaries. That means he was an associate of paramilitaries.

If you condemn all terrorists why don't you have a problem with the fact he approved of the UVF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

A fitting tribute to the man.

If you condemn all terrorists why don't you have a problem with the fact he approved of the UVF?

I associated with a few Muslims when I bought a kebab recently, that does not mean I approve of the Taliban, or even that they do so. Frazer, when questioned once, said he did not approve of innocent Catholics being killed.

If people "approve" of paramilitaries like the uvf or pira, I guess you mean they have a soft spot for the paramilitaries. There is a moral difference between those who may approve of something and those who actually do it, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Frazer, when questioned once, said he did not approve of innocent Catholics being killed.

Why would he not represent them,when asked to do so

(I dont think he said anything approaxhing what yous think about innocent catholics...this is more his type speil
    http://belfastmediagroup.com/frazer-in-sick-murph-insult/

I associated with a few Muslims when I bought a kebab recently, that does not mean I approve of the Taliban, or even that they do so. Frazer, when questioned once, said he did not approve of innocent Catholics being killed.

If people "approve" of paramilitaries like the uvf or pira, I guess you mean they have a soft spot for the paramilitaries. There is a moral difference between those who may approve of something and those who actually do it, you know.

But he wasn't said to associate with protestants, he associated with paramilitaries.

Frazer said that he didn't believe any member of the UVF should be locked up. That would include those who killed innocent catholics.

There is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Never a member. Never found guilty of any crime, or suspected of it.

What you on about Mary, wasn't he in court where he faced hate speech charges, and if memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a gun found in his house before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is he definitely dead ?
    Cause I am going to miss his brand of madness.

Also ,do any of youse think he might come back as a ghost.

#flegs are us.

Is he definitely dead ?
    Cause I am going to miss his brand of madness.

Also ,do any of youse think he might come back as a ghost.

#flegs are us.

He'll end up as a phantom haunting the Ivory Coast embassy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Indeed it is interesting to note when a spokesperson for protestant victims of the Pira dies, they make up lies about him and call him every name under the sun etc. Even though he was never even a paramilitary or was Never suspected or proven to have commited a crime. Twice, in the past month on hearing news of the death of leaders of paramilitaries I thought back to the old adage " if you cannot think of something good to say about someone, say nothing".

Then how about tell us about him. I don't think you can honour someone's memory with the same jokey posts you usually do. Have you even offered condolences?

• Advertisement

Another way of saying he did not need a handgun. 98% of the population would not get a handgun if they applied for one. Especially some man who had 6 members of his close family murdered and numerous friends, because of what was believed to be an ethnic cleansing campaign by extremist republicans. He may have met UVF members in the past, unknowingly or not. So what? Plenty of Republicans met PIRA members, unknowingly or not. at one time or another I bet.

So you're saying the police in Northern Ireland make up paramilitary links as a codeword for "you don't need a handgun".

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

steddyeddy wrote: »
    So you're saying the police in Northern Ireland make up paramilitary links as a codeword for "you don't need a handgun".

Comedy spin gold.

To be fair to the unionist posters here they certainly added a bit of joviality to what could have been a solemn thread.

Comedy spin gold.

My favourite bit is where he/she (their gender changes with the thread) insinuated Willie didn't get a gun because 6 of his family members where killed. It's the unionist comedy division.

My favourite bit is where he/she (their gender changes with the thread) insinuated Willie didn't get a gun because 6 of his family members where killed. It's the unionist comedy division.

I do not care why he did not get a handgun. I think its a good thing 99% of civilians in these islands can not get handguns, do you not? I am not in favour of the situation in America for example where people can legally own handguns.

I do not care why he did not get a handgun. I think its a good thing 99% of civilians in these islands can not get handguns, do you not? I am not in favour of the situation in America for example where people can legally own handguns.

Maybe the police in America should tell everyone they have paramilitary connections so they don't have to give them weapons? I mean the UVF is a highly secretive organisation you wouldn't even know if you were a member.

Fraser was a victim of paramilitaries. There is no proof he was a member of one, and the police did not suspect him to be a member of one. And I doubt he will have a paramilitary send off or funeral either.

Fraser was a victim of paramilitaries. There is no proof he was a member of one, and the police did not suspect him to be a member of one. And I doubt he will have a paramilitary send off or funeral either.

So I'm lost again. Your logic is this:

Frazer is not in UVF - police don't think he is either - police don't want him to have weapon as he doesn't need it - police make up imaginary UVF connections so they don't have to give him weapon - police give him pretend UVF funeral??

boetstark wrote: »
    Point is poster is so upset over Frazers hatred of Catholics, he must be a catholic himself.
    Calling somebody who is just deceased a rotten scumbag is in my opinion unchristian. I find alot of Catholics are uncharitable horrible hypocrites who would be hard pressed to identify a bible

Oh, the irony!

I take it you found Willie Frazers hatred of Catholics to be the epitome of Christianity, then?

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.
    I disagreed with almost every word that came out of his mouth, but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. I hope he found peace, in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

So I'm lost again. Your logic is this:

Frazer is not in UVF - police don't think he is either - police don't want him to have weapon as he doesn't need it - police make up imaginary UVF connections so they don't have to give him weapon - police give him pretend UVF funeral??

And then everyone ran inside because US airmen were shitting out the bomb-bay doors as they flew over Ireland because DeValera wouldn't let Ireland join the war of the worlds against the martians.

Advertisement