Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,246 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

eagle eye wrote: »
    Oh so now you are picking the type of lying that suits your agenda.

I'll tell you what, how about we just disagree and move on. No point discussing anything with you and your agenda.

My agenda is open and transparent. Casey's type of 'politics' is a cancer and I don't want him to succeed.

A lie is a lie. Good luck to you if you think he is going to do anything for society. It is all about Peter I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A lie is a lie. Good luck to you if you think he is going to do anything for society. It is all about Peter I fear.
    They all lie.
    I explained that I'm hoping he gets elected to show all politicians that their seats are under threat if they don't listen to the electorate.
    My agenda is open and transparent. Casey's type of 'politics' is a cancer and I don't want him to succeed.
    Your agenda is anything but open and transparent.

They all lie.
    I explained that I'm hoping he gets elected to show all politicians that their seats are under threat if they don't listen to the electorate.

So to get 'politicians' to change you want to elect someone ...who lies.

Brilliant strategy there!

Your agenda is anything but open and transparent.

Well, I said what it was - to not allow a particular type of ego driven cancer to grow in Irish politics - so if you think I am hiding another agenda, do tell us what you think it is.

So to get 'politicians' to change you want to elect someone ...who lies.
    Brilliant strategy there!
    They all lie so I'm picking the one who I hope sends a message.
    There isn't anybody up for election who I'd consider a totally honest person. I'm definitely using my vote so Casey gets my no.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There isn't anybody up for election who I'd consider a totally honest person. I'm definitely using my vote so Casey gets my no.1.

When a politician loses his or her seat or never get one, they get the message. You don't have to elect Paddy Trump to 'show them all'. Just pick someone decent you like?
    He's only doing this so he can brag to business contacts in the states. He doesn't give two f***s about Travelers or immigrants.

• Advertisement

Bizarre.

Elect a liar to send a message to...liars. Will they not just welcome into the club? :)

'If you want to send a message, use the post office'.

When a politician loses his or her seat or never get one, they get the message. You don't have to elect Paddy Trump to 'show them all'. Just pick someone decent you like? He's only doing this so he can brag to business contacts in the states. He doesn't give two f***s about Travelers or immigrants.
    This is much bigger than any single politician losing a seat. This is telling the whole lot of them that they are out of touch with the electorate.
    I'd love to see all independents getting elected but unfortunately we have so many stupid people in this country who still vote for FG and FF religiously like they follow football teams.

Bizarre.

Elect a liar to send a message to...liars. Will they not just welcome into the club?

'If you want to send a message, use the post office'.
    I'm starting to think you lack understanding. I may have given you more credit than you deserve.

This is much bigger than any single politician losing a seat. This is telling the whole lot of them that they are out of touch with the electorate.
    I'd love to see all independents getting elected but unfortunately we have so many stupid people in this country who still vote for FG and FF religiously like they follow football teams.

Hold up a minute...there were 2 elected independents in situ in Casey's constituency already. (Flanagan and Harkin)
    What message did that send and why, when they were elected, did the politicians you don't like 'not get this message'?

I'm starting to think you lack understanding. I may have given you more credit than you deserve.

Well, I am trying to understand your thinking, but it isn't working out that well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'd nearly pay money to see a Dail full of Independents - absolute chaos on speed. Yes, that's right, except people who vote like you everyone else is stupid.

is_that_so wrote:
    I'd nearly pay money to see a Dail full of Independents - absolute chaos on speed. Yes, that's right, except people who vote like you everyone else is stupid.
    I didn't say everyone else but there are thousands of people who vote FF or FG all their lives like it's a religion. That's the people I'm talking about.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You'd like to see a Dail full of independents?

How do you form a government out of that, then? Or get anything done for that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's unlikely he's going to do anything as an MEP tbh. He has no policies and tends to just thrive on controversial statements.

batgoat wrote: »
    It's unlikely he's going to do anything as an MEP tbh. He has no policies and tends to just thrive on controversial statements.
    He'd also really be keeping the seat warm for his sub, as he really wants to get into our big house and be voted in as Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    Reasonable policies, except for the leaving of the Eurozone one
    The majority of which have absolutely nothing to do with Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Whoever coined that phrase is an eejit. Immigration can and does have both effects. There are immigrants who come here for benefits and immigrants from poorer countries have lower wage demands so, companies prefer them over natives. The UK is experiencing its highest wage growth in a decade because of a cheap eastern European labour is drying up since the referendum.

People who parrot that phrase think they're being clever and witty, but they're just degrading themselves by showing their ignorance of the laws of supply and demand and lacking comprehension of people's arguments about immigration. The vast majority of people who complain about immigration can make the distinction between welfare tourists who come here for benefits and low wage immigrants from poorer countries who are responsible forwage stagnation due to their low wage demands.

Same as the people that bring up "Muslamic Ray Guns" as a meme. The guy was talking about Islamic Rape Gangs, and he was proven to be right.

Faugheen wrote:
    You'd like to see a Dail full of independents?
    No, independent MEP's.
    batgoat wrote:
    I don't care what he does because I don't expect him to stay in Europe. I think he will contest the next GE and give up the MEP position if he gets elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

is_that_so wrote: »
    The majority of which have absolutely nothing to do with Europe.

None of the other candidates policies have either

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

For Midlands North West, Ming and Casey are going to walk it, with perhaps Carthy (as he's not as anti rural Ireland as FG/FF) and some other bland group think cardboard cutout follow the script party politician getting the other seat.

Ordinary people are sick of the condescending patronising agenda of the politicians and the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Nobelium wrote: »
    For Midlands North West, Ming and Casey are going to walk it, with perhaps Carthy (as he's not as anti rural Ireland as FG/FF) and some other bland group think cardboard cutout follow the script party politician getting the other seat.

Ordinary people are sick of the condescending patronising agenda of the politicians and the media.

3 billion announcement today for rural broadband.

How does that make FG/FF anti rural?????????

3 billion announcement today for rural broadband.

How does that make FG/FF anti rural?????????

do you think so called "rural" ireland is that stupid ?

Can't see past McGuinness topping the poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

do you think so called "rural" ireland is that stupid ?

Tell me why they are anti rural Ireland so?

Can't see past McGuinness topping the poll.

we know you can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

I haven’t seen so much as a poster for Casey in Galway. Anti-traveler sentiment will only get him so far. None of my family there would vote for him, Ming all the way.

we know you can't

What?

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I haven’t seen so much as a poster for Casey in Galway. Anti-traveler sentiment will only get him so far. None of my family there would vote for him, Ming all the way.

People are sick of the country being littered by bullshyte posters. And Casey's vote with have noting to do with the so called "anti-traveler sentiment" that's just more of the usual slurs and spin. It's pro ordinary law abiding people sentiment who are sick and tired of being told what to think, say and do by a patronising spinning media, who do not have their interests at heart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

People are sick of the country being littered by bullshyte posters. And Casey's vote with have noting to do with the so called "anti-traveler sentiment" that's just more of the usual slurs and spin. It's pro ordinary law abiding people sentiment who are sick and tired of being told what to think, say and do by a patronising spinning media, who do not have their interests at heart.

That might make sense if he wasn’t running against an incumbent who is also anti-establishment but has much more credibility.

Ming stood up for the turf cutters and for the drinking water in Roscommon. Casey has never done anything for anyone but Casey.

So people are sick of posters - is he on the doors canvassing? Is he doing town halls? How is he connecting with people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement