Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

is_that_so wrote: »
    SF have the support level and accept that he will go for the big house. Smith is probably the FF front runner and Walsh is just there for the exposure. However, if that alleged FG support is as high as claimed she might do better than people imagine. Even though 30%+ would be two seats I would be surprised to see her in the final mix. Hannigan should get to the current Labour support level and maybe even higher. He might even cause a bit of a stir.

As for Casey well it was easy for him to stand out in a field of equally bumbling candidates, much harder here to shine, despite the media devotion.

"media devotion"

The media despise casey

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    "media devotion"

The media despise casey
    He's still giving - more column inches about him than any other candidate. If you want to fill papers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

You should check out the first radio debate for the presidential debate. Casey spent his time trying to slag Michael d over his height the entire broadcast.

Casey isn't above childish insults himself.

He was telling the truth unlike Higgins saying he wouldn't mind living beside travellers.

Ming is popular because he is on the turfcutters side about the disputed bogs but he is still too far to the left for a lot of people.

If Ming was living in Dublin he would stuck in the middle of Boy Barrett and Ruth spouting the same nonsense as them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,245 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mgn wrote: »
    He was telling the truth unlike Higgins saying he wouldn't mind living beside travellers.

Like he told the truth about Higgins objecting to a halting site in Galway?

For a man 'who tells the truth' he was far and away the candidate who had to make the most apologies for telling lies. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

For a man 'who tells the truth' he was far and away the candidate who had to make the most apologies for telling lies. :rolleyes:

Like Higgins saying he would only stand for one term.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For a man 'who tells the truth' he was far and away the candidate who had to make the most apologies for telling lies.

What lies?

eagle eye wrote: »
    What lies?

Not to mention again, that saying all 'travellers were basically people who camp on other's land' which was a factual lie.
    Or that SEMS gave them extra entitlements to ordinary citizens.

there was
    'the dog grooming'
    'that Higgins had objected to a traveller site in Galway,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Wonder has Casey said anything that will allow a certain cohort to make another nuisance compliant to the Guards?

Wonder has Casey said anything that will allow a certain cohort to make another nuisance compliant to the Guards?

That the best you can do Plumb...snipe from the sideline? Maybe if you actually openly contributed something in support of Casey and stop attacking those who object to his ego trips.

• Advertisement

Not to mention again, that saying all 'travellers were basically people who camp on other's land' which was a factual lie.
    Or that SEMS gave them extra entitlements to ordinary citizens.

there was
    'the dog grooming'
    'that Higgins had objected to a traveller site in Galway,
    I don't know anything about the dog grooming. As far as Michael D is concerned I have a distant memory in my head of him objecting to something to do with travellers way back. Reason I remember it is because I was very surprised at it because Michael D spent his whole life trying to help those with hardships.

Lots of travellers camp on other peoples lands. I can tell you about a farmer who got a digger and dug holes all around where they parked on his land with the exception of enough room for them to move off his site. He gave them 24 hours before he finished digging around the area where they had decided to camp. They went after they realised that their threats to him weren't going to work.

As for public land, they have had to put up barriers which are low enough to prevent caravans entering public car parks in many towns in the midlands and west of Ireland.

That the best you can do Plumb...snipe from the sideline? Maybe if you actually openly contributed something in support of Casey and stop attacking those who object to his ego trips.
    For me anyways its about the fact that he is not afraid to say these things. I like that and I'm all in favour of people speaking their mind. Only way we change things is when people complain openly and then we sit down and have a conversation and fix things.

If he gets elected then it sends a message to every politician on this island that we are not going to keep the heads down and let them do what they want. They need to start listening to us again which they are not doing right now.

I don't know anything about the dog grooming. As far as Michael D is concerned I have a distant memory in my head of him objecting to something to do with travellers way back. Reason I remember it is because I was very surprised at it because Michael D spent his whole life trying to help those with hardships.

Lots of travellers camp on other peoples lands. I can tell you about a farmer who got a digger and dug holes all around where they parked on his land with the exception of enough room for them to move off his site. He gave them 24 hours before he finished digging around the area where they had decided to camp. They went after they realised that their threats to him weren't going to work.

As for public land, they have had to put up barriers which are low enough to prevent caravans entering public car parks in many towns in the midlands and west of Ireland.

The Dog grooming was a lie he apologised for.

The objection to the halting site was made by another councillor called Higgins.

And 80% of travellers live in settled accommodation.

For me anyways its about the fact that he is not afraid to say these things. I like that and I'm all in favour of people speaking their mind. Only way we change things is when people complain openly and then we sit down and have a conversation and fix things.

If he gets elected then it sends a message to every politician on this island that we are not going to keep the heads down and let them do what they want. They need to start listening to us again which they are not doing right now.

So basically you are looking for a politician to say what you believe, whether it is a lie or not. :rolleyes:

So basically you are looking for a politician to say what you believe, whether it is a lie or not.
    No I want him elected to open the eyes of all politicians.
    I'm not against decent people and there are many decent travellers. I am against crime and the use of being a traveller as mitigation for committing a crime.

No I want him elected to open the eyes of all politicians.
    I'm not against decent people and there are many decent travellers. I am against crime and the use of being a traveller as mitigation for committing a crime.

I would suggest you don't choose a man who is prepared to lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

But they'll be going on tour round about this time every year.
    Lock all your doors and windows folks.

Attacking? Making up stuff again I see. Can't say I'm surprised tbh.

Attacking? Making up stuff again I see. Can't say I'm surprised tbh.

Still nothing substantial to offer?

You have had a pop at almost everyone who has expressed an anti Casey point. Yet you make no points about Casey yourself.

Strange behaviour tbh.

You have had a pop at almost everyone who has expressed an anti Casey point. Yet you make no points about Casey yourself.

Everyone? Do you always exaggerate ,no wonder the guards ignored your compliant about Casey.
    What points is there to make other than he wants to get involved in politics and like any wannabe will say whatever they think will get them elected.

• Advertisement

Everyone? Do you always exaggerate ,no wonder the guards ignored your compliant about Casey.
    What points is there to make other than he wants to get involved in politics and like any wannabe will say whatever they think will get them elected.

So to make a reply to the post you had to ignore the word 'almost'.

You never fail to impress, I'll give you that.

Have you anything to say about Casey other than excuse him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's still giving - more column inches about him than any other candidate. If you want to fill papers ...

Oh OK, you mean media coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Dog grooming was a lie he apologised for.

The objection to the halting site was made by another councillor called Higgins.

Yes and many of that 80% wreck those houses and dump their rubbish everywhere, but that's what happens when people contribute nothing and get everything free.

Casey brings these issues up, something the other candidates would never mention in a million years.

Nobody is suggesting he is the most articulate person in the room or that he has the best policy proposals but he says what ordinary people are thinking and this strikes a chord with voters.

Yes and many of that 80% wreck those houses and dump their rubbish everywhere, but that's what happens when people contribute nothing and get everything free.

The halting site on the Headford road out of Galway comes to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Casey brings these issues up, something the other candidates would never mention in a million years.

Nobody is suggesting he is the most articulate person in the room or that he has the best policy proposals but he says what ordinary people are thinking and this strikes a chord with voters.

80% you can't just make up figures to make Travelers look bad.
    Travelers no better or worse than settled folk when it comes to looking after social housing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

mgn wrote: »
    You should check out the first radio debate for the presidential debate. Casey spent his time trying to slag Michael d over his height the entire broadcast.

Casey isn't above childish insults himself.

I wasn't referring to his views on travellers. I was replying to another poster about insults going towards casey when casey himself had no problem going on national radio and insulting Michael d on his height.

The halting site on the Headford road out of Galway comes to mind.

Yep it's a disgrace.

80% you can't just make up figures to make Travelers look bad.
    Travelers no better or worse than settled folk when it comes to looking after social housing

I didn't make up anything,

I've heard nothing from Casey for this election. I wonder is he being snubbed by the media.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

I didn't make up anything,

"Wreak their houses And dump rubbish everywhere", that's hardly a fair thing to say about the traveling community.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement