Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"Wreak their houses And dump rubbish everywhere", that's hardly a fair thing to say about the traveling community.

So you're saying it doesn't happen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

So you're saying it doesn't happen?

Not that I've ever seen, lot's of settled Travelers live in my area, their houses are immaculately clean.

Not that I've ever seen, lot's of settled Travelers live in my area, their houses are immaculately clean.

Well here in Galway it's a different story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    "media devotion"

The media despise casey

and the more they personally attack him in the media for daring to have an independent free opinion of his own, the more ordinary people (who are far more clued in to their agenda than the patronising media realise) will vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

I would suggest you don't choose a man who is prepared to lie.

Thats a pretty high bar Francie....do you think that all our elected representatives have never lied to their voter's??? Remember that Olympic class liar, Gilmore during his election campaign? " Frankfurt's way or Labour's way.....not a penny more!!! Then afterward's he had the brass neck to say " Ah shure, you say them kind of things during a election"
    Go on Francie.. tell me all about honest non-lying politicians........the way you are criticizing Casey,you would think that he is the first politician in the history of mankind to tell a lie....Well, not only is he not the first, he will not be the last either, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Well here in Galway it's a different story.

Have you tried speaking to them, are you sure they are Travelers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

jmreire wrote: »
    Thats a pretty high bar Francie....do you think that all our elected representatives have never lied to their voter's??? Remember that Olympic class liar, Gilmore during his election campaign?"
    Go on Francie.. tell me all about honest non-lying politicians........the way you are criticizing Casey,you would think that he is the first politician in

"I was never in the IRA"

"I'm only taking the average industrial wage"

:D

Have you tried speaking to them, are you sure they are Travelers?

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Of course I'm sure they are travellers!

As for telling them to clean up the area, I don't fancy ending up in hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Bambi wrote:
    "I was never in the IRA"

I'm not a SF voter but I'm voting number two for SF's Matt McCarthy. ;-)

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Of course I'm sure they are travellers!

As for telling them to clean up the area, I don't fancy ending up in hospital.

Ah come on ,you will hardly end up in hospital if you ask your neighbors to clean up the area
    You might be surprised with the reaction, maybe somebody else is dumping rubbish because they know that Travelers live nearby.

• Advertisement

Ah come on ,you will hardly end up in hospital if you ask your neighbors to clean up the area You might be surprised with the reaction, maybe somebody else is dumping rubbish because they know that Travelers live nearby.

I remember a certain poster claimed settled people were dumping on halting sites. You only have to look at a traveller for a threat to be made never mind ask them to clean up after themselves. That's my experience anyway .

Ah come on ,you will hardly end up in hospital if you ask your neighbors to clean up the area
    You might be surprised with the reaction, maybe somebody else is dumping rubbish because they know that Travelers live nearby.

The rubbish is their own that they let pile up until the council has to take it away.

The rubbish is their own that they let pile up until the council has to take it away.

Well maybe council could clear it daily soot doesn't build up.
    Have you contacted the council?

Well maybe council could clear it daily soot doesn't build up. Have you contacted the council?

Or like the majority of the population prehaps dispose of their own waste at their own expense. Personally I think you're just on a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

So far, from what I can tell, his platform is 'travellers out'.

Is there anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Is there anything else?
    Immigration control and DP . Wanted to leave Euro but has since changed his mind. It basically depends what people say to him that dictates his policy of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I know some people have a gra for him, but Casey reminds me a whiskey nosed uncle that used to run a bar in Chicago in the 90s and seemed flash back in the day when he came to visit. But then immigration caught up with him and he had to move home. He inflates the importance of who he was in the Shtates, and pretends he's the big-man. Everyone humours him, but secretly thinks he's a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,598 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thats a pretty high bar Francie....do you think that all our elected representatives have never lied to their voter's??? Remember that Olympic class liar, Gilmore during his election campaign? " Frankfurt's way or Labour's way.....not a penny more!!! Then afterward's he had the brass neck to say " Ah shure, you say them kind of things during a election"
    Go on Francie.. tell me all about honest non-lying politicians........the way you are criticizing Casey,you would think that he is the first politician in the history of mankind to tell a lie....Well, not only is he not the first, he will not be the last either, unfortunately.

Would you vote for Gilmore? Knowing he is a liar?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,882 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I would suggest you don't choose a man who is prepared to lie.
    Show me a politician who doesn't lie.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Show me a politician who doesn't lie.

Bizarre to hear posters say they would vote for somebody even though they know he/she lies.

I don't think, actually I know, I have never given a vote to a politician I knew was lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Is there anything else?

You can't tell a lot so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Bizarre to hear posters say they would vote for somebody even though they know he/she lies.

I don't think, actually I know, I have never given a vote to a politician I knew was lying.

I assume you didn't vote in Presidential election so.

So you just avoid the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

mgn wrote: »
    I assume you didn't vote in Presidential election so.

Francie was too busy down at the guards trying to get Peter Casey arrested for hurting his feelings.

Mod-Banned

So you just avoid the question.

What question?
    It was a statement, grabbing a trope out of the air - it's not a question that can be proved.
    There are many politicians who don't lie to promote themselves and at the expense of others. It's is a pretty despicable way to get ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

Would you vote for Gilmore? Knowing he is a liar?

Francie..personally, I don't believe that we have ever had a politician who at some stage in his career, didn't lie....It goes with the job. But as in all things, there are the ordinary common or garden variety of liar's an then there are the mega-liars. Generally, I will vote for the local guy who I think can do the best for the area, but not if he is labour. Labour need's to be consigned to the history book's. So,Francie, to answer your question, no I would not vote for Gilmore, or Joan or indeed, for any one of them.

Francie..personally, I don't believe that we have ever had a politician who at some stage in his career, didn't lie....It goes with the job. But as in all things, there are the ordinary common or garden variety of liar's an then there are the mega-liars. Generally, I will vote for the local guy who I think can do the best for the area, but not if he is labour. Labour need's to be consigned to the history book's. So,Francie, to answer your question, no I would not vote for Gilmore, or Joan or indeed, for any one of them.

Sure, you will get politicians who will lie and spin elements of policy. But I think you enter a different league when you are prepared to repeatedly lie to get ahead, and about a fellow politician.
    That is below the belt and if I thought somebody would do that or is doing that, then that is a redline for me. Even outside of politics it would be a redline in career interactions etc

I think most decent people would think the same actually.

What question? It was a statement, grabbing a trope out of the air - it's not a question that can be proved. There are many politicians who don't lie to promote themselves and at the expense of others. It's is a pretty despicable way to get ahead.
    Politicians and lies are synonymous.
    I'm voting for someone who I hope gets elected and that his election is the statement required to get our politicians to understand that they serve at our behest and to listen to what we have to say and do what we want them to do

Politicians and lies are synonymous.

Lies about colleagues to get ahead? I don't think it is near common enough to be called synonymous.

• Advertisement

Lies about colleagues to get ahead? I don't think it is near common enough to be called synonymous.
    Oh so now you are picking the type of lying that suits your agenda.

I'll tell you what, how about we just disagree and move on. No point discussing anything with you and your agenda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement