Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

sk8board wrote: »
    Every time I quote the 49k price for the long range Kona, someone quotes the other shorter range price of 38k.

Am I missing something, or does a cursory glance on Carzone at 2019 Kona EVs not show them all priced at €49k for the longer range model?

That’s the facts I base my quote on - I’m not just picking it out of the sky!

On the road price for the 64kw Kona is less than €40K.

I was about to put pen to paper for one but decided to hold out for a Model 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭sk8board

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It has been explained a few times, 10k comes off that price. The shorter range Kona is not available in Ireland as far as I know....

If you walk into Hyundai today you can pay 49k if you want but everyone else is paying 38-39k ......

Thank you - I didn’t realize that and that explains it

grogi wrote: »
    I'm making my estimation on French prices: there is €6k incentive there, VAT of 20%.

We have 23% VAT and only €5k incentive. €2k of VRT to be paid for a car of ~€55k RRP (OMSP is calculated before any incentives).

Taking all that into account, we are looking at €47k for Black TM3 SR+ with Autopilot.

I would agree. Using Norway as a basis for Irish EV pricing is not really comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Kilboor wrote: »
    Are the stores not closing?

Sandyford is a service center, not a store as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

This is pretty unreal :)https://youtu.be/QZdnM3F6ydw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Nedved85 wrote: »

After watching 20 seconds of that video I suddenly feel the urge never ever buy a Tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

After watching 20 seconds of that video I suddenly feel the urge never ever to buy a Tesla

Yep that was hard to watch. Every Tesla video is a sponsored link. Just walk to your car it’s easier and faster.

You auto summon to fit in tight gaps and get out of tight gaps.

Why? Ignoring the fanboyism of that youtube channel, they are advancing car technology like no other car company out there. They are leaps ahead on the AI front.

Why? Ignoring the fanboyism of that youtube channel, they are advancing car technology like no other car company out there. They are leaps ahead on the AI front.

Yeah technology is grand but the video is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What would happen if you summoned a car like that and it killed someone on the way to you? I know it goes slow but it is silent so what if it knocked a cyclist over and they hit their head or kids tried to mess with it and got crushed or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's not just fanboys on Youtube.
    There are more and more D/C-class YouTubers realising that anything with Tesla in it is going to get clicks, and you end up with all kinds of dipsticks dragging down the brand.
    Musk should sue them.

Thargor wrote: »
    What would happen if you summoned a car like that and it killed someone on the way to you? I know it goes slow but it is silent so what if it knocked a cyclist over and they hit their head or kids tried to mess with it or something?

The onboard video would show them at fault. It’ll pick them up Better than you can looking in your mirror.

I’m waiting for the avoid pay and display mode by letting the car circle the block while you go into town shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

ted1 wrote: »
    I’m waiting for the avoid pay and display mode by letting the car circle the block while you go into town shopping

Something like: Collect me here in x minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Most annoying voice everrrrr!

That said, it was pretty cool. I think she was too nervous to let the car do it's thing.

The car looks great in that colour, that's what I'd order

That said, it was pretty cool. I think she was too nervous to let the car do it's thing.

Yeah I'm between the blue and silver ish colour they have. Red at €2600 is a bit too steep for me.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Something like: Collect me here in x minutes
    'here' being the pub ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,050 ✭✭✭✭unkel

'here' being the pub ;)

That's actually the plan. The cars have all the hardware, the software is in development. And will be doled out to the car in small steps over the air. Once there is regulatory approval (when they are shown to be 2-3 times safer than cars driven by humans), the cars will be allowed to fully self drive. You can drive to the pub, the car will go park itself. When you are drunk you summon the car and it will pick you up and drive you home while you are asleep on the rear seats.

Musk sees this happen before the end of next year. But he is a bit of an optimist :p

Not entirely fair to judge Tesla's progress on that clip as it looks like that is a very early beta of the new summon functionality (and pretty pathetic at that), but it looks further away than next year to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

ted1 wrote: »
    After watching 20 seconds of that video I suddenly feel the urge never ever to buy a Tesla

Yep that was hard to watch. Every Tesla video is a sponsored link. Just walk to your car it’s easier and faster.

You auto summon to fit in tight gaps and get out of tight gaps.

The "sponsorship" is that they have a Patreon page. So it's supporters of the channel sponsoring them via Patreon

Lots of youtubers/bloggers do that - it's harmless enough - you only donate if you want to.

Old diesel wrote: »
    The "sponsorship" is that they have a Patreon page. So it's supporters of the channel sponsoring them via Patreon

Lots of youtubers/bloggers do that - it's harmless enough - you only donate if you want to.

It’s painful to watch. Most of the content is waffle just for views.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I've followed her channel for years and could not disagree with you more.

Let's just say - politely - that her husband is a very lucky man in my opinion. :P

• Advertisement

Aweful stuff. Be quicker to push the car to where you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I find it pretty awe inspriring also. Wish my LEAF did stuff like this. And that my wife looked like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

Or pull it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

ELM327 wrote: »
    I've followed her channel for years and could not disagree with you more.

Let's just say - politely - that her husband is a very lucky man in my opinion. :P

Oh I didn't say she's not a looker, she does that part very well. To live with her you'd need good quality noise cancelling earphones though.

If only she sounded like the Model 3. (pathetic attempt to look like I'm staying on topic :o)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

It’s genius marketing by Tesla get IT geeks drooling over a techie product with completely pointless functionality and just because it’s cool sheep will buy it in droves. Hey it worked for Apple I guess.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sk8board wrote: »
    Every time I quote the 49k price for the long range Kona, someone quotes the other shorter range price of 38k.

Am I missing something, or does a cursory glance on Carzone at 2019 Kona EVs not show them all priced at €49k for the longer range model?

That’s the facts I base my quote on - I’m not just picking it out of the sky!

It’s been explained to you over and over again.
    There is no shorter range Kona.

They are all 64kwh and they are 49k minis grants = 39k

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

kceire wrote: »

sometimes it's best to not engage with these mouthbreathers.

ELM327 wrote: »
    sometimes it's best to not engage with these mouthbreathers.

And yet here you are. 8100 witty retorts in just 2 years. A phenomenal waste of precious time don’t you think? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭Patser

Probably a well known thing, but not something I was aware of:

Just over in states at the moment and called in to a Tesla shop in Chicago, curious to look at Model 3 in flesh. Salesperson told me they'd 7 in their stock, and more in central inventory, available immediately. And was actively pushing them.

Surprised to hear this, as I still thought they had waiting list issues, and problems keeping up with demand, but she assured me this wasn't an issue in the US.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »

Thanks - another poster replied earlier. It explains why some are listed at €49k and some at €39k, I thought it was the short and long range - I haven’t been following it.
    I’d gladly swap for the model 3 though, it suits my needs perfectly - currently have a diesel 4gc from new when I was doing loads of miles, and now I do almost none and have kids too, so I’m just holding on to see where the model 3 prices come in, at for a decent spec.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement