Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Table-of-Model-3-Prices.png

I cannot wait for the RHD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

grogi wrote: »

How do we match up on what's out now?

Same as France or Germany for Leaf/Kona etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mike9832 wrote: »
    How do we match up on what's out now?

Same as France or Germany for Leaf/Kona etc?

Just compare to 64 kWh Kona - you'll get an idea...

grogi wrote: »
    Just compare to 64 kWh Kona - you'll get an idea...

Price wise I mean

Have driven the Kona

Kona is 38k here, how much in Germany, France etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Price wise I mean

Have driven the Kona

Kona is 38k here, how much in Germany, France etc

Netherlands has VRT aswell so I thought that would have been closest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,068 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Elessar wrote: »
    Netherlands has VRT aswell so I thought that would have been closest

Not closest for EVs, they do not have the €5k subsidy.

I'll stick to Nylands comparison. 10% more than Kona, which means about €40k in Ireland. Lot of car for the money.

And at some stage the even cheaper base range Model 3 should / could become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    Not closest for EVs, they do not have the €5k subsidy.

I'll stick to Nylands comparison. 10% more than Kona, which means about €40k in Ireland. Lot of car for the money.

And at some stage the even cheaper base range Model 3 should / could become available.

Not a hope, even looking st prices above and most are closer to 45 k, no chance Ireland will be cheapest in Europe....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭sk8board

unkel wrote: »
    Did you not see my post from yesterday? Model 3 is now available in EU countries as a much cheaper Standard range plus (RWD)

In Norway it costs 10% more than Kona. There's no reason it should be different here in Ireland - it will also cost roughly 10% more than Kona when it becomes available in the next few months. Kona is €37k here, so add 10% and you're at about €40k here. Autopilot included and no delivery charges.

You lost me at “norway”, a country I’m acutely familiar with, with a more different treatment to EVs than almost anywhere else on the planet. Even the 367k NOK in the table above is barely 38k, compared to 48k in most other countries.
    There are EV early adopters in Ireland currently paying €49k for the long range Kona - I think Tesla will price the 3 off that.

As I said above, the circular Irish debate on Tesla will end when we see the pricing, any day now. i would gladly replace my 420d with one.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not a hope, even looking st prices above and most are closer to 45 k, no chance Ireland will be cheapest in Europe....

You and others are just saying not a hope, not a chance, but you provide no arguments :)

Norway: Kona is 325.9k NOK. Tesla Model 3 std range plus is 367.7k NOK (EUR38.3k), that's 12.8% more
    Ireland: Kona is EUR38.1k (ouch!). So Model 3 guess would be EUR43.0k

We do have VRT though of 14% in EVs over EUR35k, and they don't in Norway. So add another 14% of the EUR5k the Model 3 costs extra, so that's EUR0.7k

OK a bit more than I said before, I took Nyland at his 10% (it's near 13%) and I thought Kona was only EUR37k. And the VRT on top

So my estimate of the price in Ireland is EUR43.7k for the Model 3 standard range plus, on the road, including AutoPilot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

@Unkle I agree with your prediction. That's some car for the money, trumps everything else out there.

I am considering which model to get, I don't think I could live without the full satnav with integrated live traffic and the full premium interior (which the standard range + does not have) but there's a large delta between the cheapest and the one I want (performance)

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    @Unkle I agree with your prediction. That's some car for the money, trumps everything else out there.

I am considering which model to get, I don't think I could live without the full satnav with integrated live traffic and the full premium interior (which the standard range + does not have) but there's a large delta between the cheapest and the one I want (performance)

I don't think the performance is worth it myself

Its just straight line speed and a bit better brakes

Its not a proper performance car like an M5, RS4 etc that have went though years of extensive testing to eek every bit of performance out of them

Tesla rushed it and lap times prove it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

sk8board wrote: »
    You lost me at “norway”, a country I’m acutely familiar with, with a more different treatment to EVs than almost anywhere else on the planet. Even the 367k NOK in the table above is barely 38k, compared to 48k in most other countries.
    There are EV early adopters in Ireland currently paying €49k for the long range Kona - I think Tesla will price the 3 off that.

As I said above, the circular Irish debate on Tesla will end when we see the pricing, any day now. i would gladly replace my 420d with one.

No they aren't, they are paying less than €40K.

There's arguments for all three main cars, SR+ with autopilot as it's a brand new Tesla for around 43k.
    Long range AWD as a "middle of the road option" long range and dual motors but not so pricey as the performance

Performance - awesome 0-60 times. I'm not going to be driving around race tracks every day, that's not my thing. Most acceleration in a day to day sense is 0-50 off the lights or 70-100+, 80-120 etc on merging/motorway overtakes

500km summer 400km winter range, (slightly less with the performance due to 20' vs 19' wheels) and all that performance and access to supercharger network combined with 250kW CCS charging and it's hard to see anyone competing with Tesla.

I take your point re M3/RS3/M5/RS4 etc but the target audience is different. Excluding myself theres probably very few people that would consider an M5 and a Tesla. Generally it's one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

The model 3 is an ugly looking car and will be horribly outdated quickly.

The only negative.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,186 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I quite like the way it looks, reminds me of a Porche from the front.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I quite like the way it looks, reminds me of a Porche from the front.

I was quite neutral towards it when first announced, now I'm not a fan at all.

Can't see the Porsche look myself, I see a funny looking fish.

Granted I have not seen one in person but it was watching this video that made me change my opinion on the design, not impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6r5SRM2H3A

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,186 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's the way the headlights are sort of raised that makes me think porche if ya get me.

That video is definitely not the most flattering I've seen though!

Kilboor wrote: »
    The model 3 is an ugly looking car and will be horribly outdated quickly.

The only negative.

I like the look, for me the only negative is that it's not a liftback.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's the way the headlights are sort of raised that makes me think porche if ya get me.

That video is definitely not the most flattering I've seen though!

Ah yes I understand, I find that the ugly part but subjective of course :p

rKO9VUm.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sk8board wrote: »

You’ve said this before about the Kona. It is not €49k. It is €39.7k on the road here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 flo__wer

This car is in a class of it's own. There are other BEV's yes, but this one has a range over 300miles and insane power and acceleration. Unlike the Model S and Model X this isn't an ultra exclusive car, it's a car for the people, the VW Bug, or Model T of it's time. This makes it more attractive to me than any ultra-lux brand. Ours has been 100% reliable, with zero issues. I love the minimalist approach, the connected features, the software nature of the car. The personas of 'mad max' distinguish this car from the hum-drum brands and give it a real edge. Interior quality is on par with BMW's MINI brand, and the seats seem to use the exact same vegan leather. The engineering is years ahead of most, including the battery and drive system, though BMW's i3 has a more advanced body shell. Auto pilot, with on-ramp to off-ramp control is exceptional. The 1 pedal operation, possible with regen braking is awesome. The ground clearance is low - but it makes it look so much better. Tesla's supercharging network is great - allowing 400 mph charging on trips, whilst 60AMP charging at home, allows charging 2-3 times per week for just 4-5 hrs on average. With electric at 7c KWh it costs about $3 for 260 miles of range, that's just so cheap. Lastly, not having to wait at the pump gives you valuable time back to use as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Unlike the Model S and Model X this isn't an ultra exclusive car, it's a car for the people, the VW Bug, or Model T of it's time.

:D ...... not based on price which is what the 'car of the people' was sold on.

flo__wer wrote: »
    This car is in a class of it's own. There are other BEV's yes, but this one has a range over 300miles and insane power and acceleration. Unlike the Model S and Model X this isn't an ultra exclusive car, it's a car for the people, the VW Bug, or Model T of it's time. This makes it more attractive to me than any ultra-lux brand. Ours has been 100% reliable, with zero issues. I love the minimalist approach, the connected features, the software nature of the car. The personas of 'mad max' distinguish this car from the hum-drum brands and give it a real edge. Interior quality is on par with BMW's MINI brand, and the seats seem to use the exact same vegan leather. The engineering is years ahead of most, including the battery and drive system, though BMW's i3 has a more advanced body shell. Auto pilot, with on-ramp to off-ramp control is exceptional. The 1 pedal operation, possible with regen braking is awesome. The ground clearance is low - but it makes it look so much better. Tesla's supercharging network is great - allowing 400 mph charging on trips, whilst 60AMP charging at home, allows charging 2-3 times per week for just 4-5 hrs on average. With electric at 7c KWh it costs about $3 for 260 miles of range, that's just so cheap. Lastly, not having to wait at the pump gives you valuable time back to use as you please.

How much did it cost in total to purchase?

:D ...... not based on price which is what the 'car of the people' was sold on.
    Tell that to the people in switzerland
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-best-selling-car-switzerland/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

who had years of waiting for their order to be fulfilled?

Lets see how things settle down by September, when back orders and deposits might be completed.

I did notice that the Swiss seem fond of their Skodas ..... several models (1900 cars for the period).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

kceire wrote: »
    You’ve said this before about the Kona. It is not €49k. It is €39.7k on the road here.

He's been corrected before too, so beginning to look like he's posting incorrect information on purpose.

Sure in september they will have launched RHD model 3 anyway, and we'll have real Irish data to use.
    Best selling EV is a given, wonder how they will do in sales agnostic of fuel type

• Registered Users Posts: 23,378 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I Fairness that’s based on 2 years worth of orders being delivered in bulk

Lets see how things settle down by September, when back orders and deposits might be completed.

Deposits are meaningless. If anyone still has one, you might as well get your money back.

My mate never put a deposit down. And when he ordered his car last month, he took delivery just 13 days later.

• Advertisement

I've cancelled my deposit for ages now, since it was apparent that it was of no benefit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement