Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico Vs Ulster ultimate epic super build up thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

awec wrote: »
    I heard Treadwell found Fardy buried in his back pocket on Sunday morning when throwing his shorts in the wash.

I heard Fardy was busy prepping for a semi final.

Treadwell wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

troyzer wrote: »
    I heard Fardy was busy prepping for a semi final.

Treadwell wasn't.

He can't be preparing in a tumbledryer well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Scythica wrote: »
    He can't be preparing in a tumbledryer well

Treadwell's sending him back down south once Fardy's given the kitchen floor a mop.

Rename to 'new' build up thread please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The best thing about the parity between the teams at the weekend is that Ulster are fairly decent again and we don't need to be on eggshells around Bliston anymore!

Well things really are evening up, with Leinster B now decamping from Dublin 4 to Ulster. Its still worth hanging onto the Ulster name for the moment I think though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well things really are evening up, with Leinster B now decamping from Dublin 4 to Ulster. Its still worth hanging onto the Ulster name for the moment I think though.

Not bad...Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Leinster C surely....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

There must be some bad vibes in the Leinster camp given the number of players willing to get out of there to come to Ulster. I reckon Sexton's to blame. He's too shouty and must be horrible to play and train with

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

bilston wrote: »
    There must be some bad vibes in the Leinster camp given the number of players willing to get out of there to come to Ulster. I reckon Sexton's to blame. He's too shouty and must be horrible to play and train with

I doubt it. The main players to leave are forwards. No backs other than shotgun have moved on. I doubt Jack would have left if he didn't think he was behind Ed Byrne and I doubt Jordi would have left if he had realised he was ahead of Conan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »

Reasonable effort. I could post a retort about players moving to Ulster once their international careers start to die, but I’m above that myself. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

My own personal favourite was "Fardy Vs Henderson: Even"

I'll give you Ringrose, but not having good that with Fardy. He was excellent last Saturday.

Clegg wrote: »
    I'll give you Ringrose, but not having good that with Fardy. He was excellent last Saturday.

I wouldn't put anything between them. They both played some of their best rugby of the season.

Can we just all agree that James Ryan is a ****ing freak though?

He was.

Henderson was, and is, better.

There's no contradiction there.

He was.

I'd disagree. Fardy's ruck work especially in the second half along with Ryan won the game. It was absolutely ferocious. Henderson was unreal in the first half, especially with his off the ball ****housing but he was mitigated quite a lot in the second half by the Leinster locks.

So Henderson gets the first half, Fardy gets the second half for me.

I'd disagree. Fardy's ruck work especially in the second half along with Ryan won the game. It was absolutely ferocious. Henderson was unreal in the first half, especially with his off the ball ****housing but he was mitigated quite a lot in the second half by the Leinster locks.

So Henderson gets the first half, Fardy gets the second half for me.

Henderson was also captain after Best went off, and called a lineout that was more successful than Leinster's.

I think he was better on a team that wasn't as good.

He was.

There's not much between them quality wise.

There's not much between them quality wise.

Do you not get that I disagree?

Jesus.

H2H

Healy v O'Sullivan: Adv Leinster
    Cronin v Best: Adv Leinster
    Furlong v Moore: Adv Leinster
    Fardy v Henderson: Adv Leinster
    Ryan v Treadwell: Adv Leinster
    Ruddock v Timoney: Adv Leinster
    SoB v Murphy: Adv Leinster
    Conan v Coetzee: Adv Leinster
    McGrath v Cooney: Adv Leinster
    Byrne v Burns: Adv Leinster
    Kearney v Stockdale: Adv Leinster
    RoL v McCloskey: Adv Leinster
    Ringrose v Cave: LOL
    Byrne v Balacoune: Adv Leinster
    Larmour v Lowry: Adv Leinster

This panned out just as predicted.

Do you not get that I disagree?

Jesus.

I do actually. Which is why I replied.

Jesus.

I do actually. Which is why I replied.

Jesus.

For "replied" read "repeated myself endlessly".

Christ.

• Advertisement

For "replied" read "repeated myself endlessly".

Christ.

Jesus.

Christ.

Superstar.

Jesus.

Christ.

Superstar.

I think you'll find its -

Geordie Best.

Superstar.

Runs like a woman and he wears a bra.

I wouldn't put anything between them. They both played some of their best rugby of the season.

Can we just all agree that James Ryan is a ****ing freak though?

Agreed on Ryan.

Been obvious since the Montpellier game early last season. Wasn't in the named 23 but came in last minute for Fardy. Then was the best player on the pitch.

Agreed on Ryan.

Been obvious since the Montpellier game early last season. Wasn't in the named 23 but came in last minute for Fardy. Then was the best player on the pitch.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1113381724774436864?s=20

AccurateKaleidoscopicFunnelweaverspider-small.gif

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ryan makes that tackle and pretty much just dives on top of the ruck. You seem to see that a lot these days from all teams.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ryan makes that tackle and pretty much just dives on top of the ruck. You seem to see that a lot these days from all teams.

nah, he gets back to his feet and challenges for the ball through the middle of the ruck.. wheres hes rucked off...nothing at all wrong with that series of events.

Poor Jordi regretting all his recent life choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I mean, he tackles the player, releases and then drives through the ruck. It just looks poor because he falls on top of the ruck.

What really infuriates me is the diving clearouts that seems to be a completely acceptable thing from the attacking team now, where the player just flings himself into the ruck to clear out a player off his feet and then lands on top of the ruck.

I mean, he tackles the player, releases and then drives through the ruck. It just looks poor because he falls on top of the ruck.

What really infuriates me is the diving clearouts that seems to be a completely acceptable thing from the attacking team now, where the player just flings himself into the ruck to clear out a player off his feet and then lands on top of the ruck.

Completely agree with this. Players torpedoing all over the show, then gumming up the ruck.

The other thing that frustrates me at the moment - and we saw Wales doing it a lot in the Six Nations, amongst other teams - is one player latching on in a tackle, not fighting much to put the ball-carrier to ground, but their team-mate coming in and going straight for the ball, before, in my eyes, the carrier is actually tackled. I think allowing the ball to be ripped in a tackle is making for a lot of inconsistency. ROL ripping the ball from McCloskey and it being given as a knock-on, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Agreed on Ryan.

Ryan is the new POM...if in doubt just give him MOTM whether he deserves it or not. Like it was obvious that Henderson was the best second row on the pitch against France...yet Ryan got MOTM.

Advertisement