Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico Vs Ulster ultimate epic super build up thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

awec wrote: »
    Ah yea I don’t really know why Leinster felt the need to publicise it.

Because the Gardai were involved, and folk were already tweeting about that tweet I shared and another incident, which was just rowdy kids, not sectarian. In a crowd that size, with camera phones, there's zero chance it doesn't come to the public's attention. Better to get in there and be upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Really enjoyed my brief trip back. Game was enjoyable, Ulster did everything bar win. Thought Treadwell was very good for Ulster. Their halves and the midfield defence were good too. Don’t think Leinster can win Europe with VDF and Leavy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah, SOB wasn't allowed back on

awec is right though, SOB was togged out and waiting to come back on. Maybe they initially thought it was a HIA.

awec is right though, SOB was togged out and waiting to come back on. Maybe they initially thought it was a HIA.

yup, I'd say that was it.

Mick Kearney had a good game when he came on too tbh. He's quietly had a very decent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Heard from a fairly reliable source that Leavy did his ACL, which really is gutting for him. He’s had zero luck this year to build on his talent and ‘breakout’ in 2018.

That was shortly after the match, so I don’t know if it could actually be diagnosed that soon after without a scan (probably only a fool’s hope!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

sullivlo wrote: »
    Surely SOB could only come on if it was a HIA for Leavy? And it wasn't. It was a leg injury.
    It seemed to work for France. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

leakyboots wrote: »
    Ah, so that's why CJ upped his pat-on-the-back-and-shout-encouragement game during the Six Nations :p:pac:

No, that's not what I meant at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The stats for the game have been updated. James Ryan carried and tackled more than any player on the pitch.

He's down for 27 tackles made with 0 missed and 21 carries for 16 metres. The man is simply world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Funnily enough I thought Ulster shut him down very well and his carrying wasn't as effective as it can be. Didn't stop him trucking it up all day though, doesn't always have to be positive metres made (hello POM)

He's got a ridiculous engine, serious player already

Clegg wrote: »
    The stats for the game have been updated. James Ryan carried and tackled more than any player on the pitch.

He's down for 27 tackles made with 0 missed and 21 carries for 16 metres. The man is simply world class.

He was genuinely exceptional yesterday. Ran Hendo very close for best second row on the pitch...

In all seriousness, the starting four locks all put in superb performances. They can be immensely proud. Hopefully Treadwell can keep this up. He'll get more caps if he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Admit it Clegg. You have a poster on the wall and the Leinster team magazine with James Ryan centrefold hidden under the bed where your Mum won’t find it.

Those hard yards make a difference when your recycle is quick. Just getting the defence on the back foot for a more effective carry in the next phase. Also Jack Conan had some extremely effective carries. Carried 16 times for 67 metres, the most metres for any Leinster player and third highest for any player on the pitch. :eek:

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Admit it Clegg. You have a poster on the wall and the Leinster team magazine with James Ryan centrefold hidden under the bed where your Mum won’t find it.

It used to be of Big Brodie, but after Ryan made him his play thing I had to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Those hard yards make a difference when your recycle is quick. Just getting the defence on the back foot for a more effective carry in the next phase. Also Jack Conan had some extremely effective carries. Carried 16 times for 67 metres, the most metres for any Leinster player and third highest for any player on the pitch. :eek:

And before anyone says it was from one or two carries, according to BT he got over the gainline 14 times from 16 carries. He was properly excellent yesterday. No doubt he'll travel to Japan now imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

That was probably the best game I've been to in Dublin. Ulster and their fans were immense and the Aviva was hopping. I'm in an absolutely hoop now though.

And before anyone says it was from one or two carries, according to BT he got over the gainline 14 times from 16 carries. He was properly excellent yesterday. No doubt he'll travel to Japan now imo.
    It would be a massive oversight if he was left out. Jamie Heaslip tweeted yesterday that he was the form No. 8 in Ireland at the moment. Not missiing anything from his game really. Some great clear outs in rucks, high tackle count and constant gain line success.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Buer wrote: »
    I can't do this anymore. Off to throw up on myself in the shower.

Still feel better than Stockdale does.

*LOUD NOISES*

Pfft. I've been up since 6.30am. I spent an entertaining hour at the playground already rapidly alternating between dry heaving and sharting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Buer wrote: »
    Pfft. I've been up since 6.30am. I spent an entertaining hour at the playground already rapidly alternating between dry heaving and sharting.

I miss those days...*sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Still can't believe Leinster won that match. Or rather, Ulster lost it. They must be absolutely sick. Feel sorry for Stockdale-thought he was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Still can't believe Leinster won that match. Or rather, Ulster lost it. They must be absolutely sick. Feel sorry for Stockdale-thought he was the best player on the pitch yesterday.
    I think that's underplaying Leinster a bit. In the last 10 minutes they played their best rugby of the game and forced their way to Ulster's line. Leinster's final attack went for 40 phases and started on the halfway line.If they needed a try to win I think they would've got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think that's underplaying Leinster a bit. In the last 10 minutes they played their best rugby of the game and forced their way to Ulster's line. If they needed a try to win I think they would've got it.

I thought it was fairly telling that in the dying moments of the game with Leinster 3 points up, it was Leinster controlling the ball and hammering on the Ulster line and not the other way around. Obviously a very close game but Leinster could certainly have responded to Stockdale's non-try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

https://mobile.twitter.com/FreddieBurns/status/1112282878031876096

The tweet that no player ever wants to get

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

"Hey, look I'm not the only one who fúcked up this season, he did too!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

ringrose had a bit of a mare yesterday , wasn't just stockdale who ****ed up majorly

It's impossible to predict. If. Stockdale dots down for a try, Leavy's not in the position subsequently where he gets injured, and he'd have made a substantial difference. Maybe feelings run high and someone gets a yellow/red card. Who knows?

I thought it was fairly telling that in the dying moments of the game with Leinster 3 points up, it was Leinster controlling the ball and hammering on the Ulster line and not the other way around. Obviously a very close game but Leinster could certainly have responded to Stockdale's non-try.

I’m glad it’s not just me that saw it and thought that. Leinster were always there or there abbots and obviously yes it would have been different if Stockdale had scored but he didn’t.

Ulster are going to be a very good team going forward and they should be praised by everyone for their performance yesterday. It’s a good reminder for Leinster that there will be no easy days from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Stockers is the only player in Irish rugby (and one of few on the planet) who could make that try opportunity for himself to begin with. Hopefully they can help him to focus on this, rather than the botched finish.

He wouldn't have made it if larmour wasn't the fullback. He's absolutely awful. He has no place in a big leinster game never mind being near starting for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

If Stockdale scores it is still game on. Leinster would have to react differently is all. To say Stockdales miss was decisive is only true if the last play of the game
    If stockdale scores I still fancy Leinster to win.
    Stockdale feels Bad I am sure but that miss will only make him better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Gutted about leavy. Means SOB will go to Japan now when he doesnt deserve it. SOB is so past it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Gutted about leavy. Means SOB will go to Japan now when he doesnt deserve it. SOB is so past it.

Bit early for a statement like that

SOB hasn't been in good form but he has 6 months to get back into form. He had a long time out due to injury so of course it will take him time to find his form

SOB is a victim of his own success, only because he has come back from injury before and was incredible we suddenly expect the same. He is older, it will take time

If SOB gets a good 6 months of game time and gets some form he is still one of the few World Class players that Ireland have....

Advertisement