Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

tanko wrote: »
    10.3% calving didficulty, 40kgs carcase weight and skeletal of 121, proceed with caution i'd say.

Big calves and dopey as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

sonnybill wrote: »

Sure it'll all be worth it when you're selling him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

How many?

How many?

3 I know of same deal.

How many?

Only 3 calves I know of from this sire and same hassle

• Advertisement

He well able to suck now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,702 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

He well able to suck now

Able to suck........he even went off and bought himself a nice jacket. :D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

He well able to suck now

He looks a fine calf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

He well able to suck now

Some legs under that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

He well able to suck now

he's got some timber under him, a great sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Interesting, have one overdue to him here at the moment. Long framey type cow by ERE so could be a nice mix with Loyal.

Chunky little bull last night. I moved her into the bedded pen with two feet out, went up to change into wellies and when I got back he was out. Hour later he was up & sucking himself, just the way you want them!

rtAI7Til.jpg

ImKKaRKl.jpg

Put up a picture in a month and see how he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Has anyone used Wilodge Goldcard?
    Could you use him on heifers?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

ELP wrote: »
    Anybody use Bova bull Rathlee Haribo SI4483?
    Have you any calves on the ground yet?
    What was he like for calving or how many days did he carry?
    Thanks for any replies

Calved down today on her own and she was straight up sucking. Not the biggest but cow was out wintered and only a bit of silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Seanhorse91

Anyone here have a price list for Bova straws? Thinking of getting a few straws off Loyal Lm4184. Seen some stock off him and and I think he’d be a great match to a few heifers I have for the bull in a months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Anyone here have a price list for Bova straws? Thinking of getting a few straws off Loyal Lm4184. Seen some stock off him and and I think he’d be a great match to a few heifers I have for the bull in a months time.

10 Euro for loyal and gamin also 10 and if you buy 20 get 5 extra free, have found them over the years very easy to deal with and calls a bull exactly what he is and no big talk up.

€10 each, buy 20 get 5 free.

What are the Loyal calves like, what type of cows or heifers would he suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Seanhorse91

Thanks for the swift reply lads. Gamin throwing nice stock from what I’ve seen. Any experience with Loyal?

I ordered straws from Bova recently. The buy 20, get 5 free doesn't apply to Gamin (ZGM). Just to be aware of that. Also their royalty fees are pricey enough for pedigree stock. Straws are very reasonable though.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

calls a bull exactly what he is and no big talk up.
    Like that in their book which helps when matching your cow

I ordered straws from Bova recently. The buy 20, get 5 free doesn't apply to Gamin (ZGM). Just to be aware of that. Also their royalty fees are pricey enough for pedigree stock. Straws are very reasonable though.

According to the price list i got a few weeks ago that deal does apply to ZGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Durrus Boy

According to the price list i got a few weeks ago that deal does apply to ZGM.

Yeah Tanko is right. That offer applies to ZGM as well. To be fair to Bova, they always throw in a few extra straws as well anyways. Dovea sometimes throw in the odd one but PG wouldn't even throw in a packet of sheaths when getting 40 or 50 straws.....

What are the Loyal calves like, what type of cows or heifers would he suit?

Very sweet, not to powerful that you'd be afraid to bull the Heifers. Something with a bit of size and a little bit of shape is best. Very easy calving bull with a bit of milk.

Gamin can be used on large plain type heifers too. He brings very good muscle and a whopping top. If used on a powerful cow would bring savage good stock. Not much milk so would need a bit in the cow if looking for a replacement.

Laurel is for mature cows and brings a good size calf with length. Will add a touch of muscle but not extreme. Not sure about milk yet. I've a nice heifer calf from him so be interesting to see how she matures.

Excel is a really nice bull on a good size cow with a bit of muscle. Might not have much milk so would need some in the cow if looking for replacements also. Brings really nice correct and feminine females.

Dubai is one of the most underrated bulls in the country IMO, brings good size, easy calving and just enough shape to make a good cow. Plenty of milk.

Everyone is different, I like a rawer type cow with milk and size and I can go as extreme as I like on her iykwim. I found them sound to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

I stuck it up a few pages back.

Bova Prices

Lads, I specifically asked for my extra straws to be Gamin, but I was told the deal didn't apply to him.

..... Everyone is different, I like a rawer type cow with milk and size and I can go as extreme as I like on her iykwim. I found them sound to deal with.

Ya agree. If you have a smaller muscley type cow, she has to be a great calver to add any sized bull to her. You always have the added worry then about calving her.

When was this, according to the 2019 price list it does apply to Gamin but i havent rang them.

• Advertisement

A few days ago. I ended up getting them in Excel instead.

Advertisement