Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Eby, Dubai to well built girls and Gamin or lodge hamlet or loyal to the taller rawer types.

Sh are great if you get Heifers but the bulls are worth noting.

Blonde is good too but just lack something when crossed to the SIM.

I think you need a bit of size for crossing EBY to.
    Have you got some calves off loyal??
    He looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

tanko wrote: »
    I think you need a bit of size for crossing EBY to.
    Have you got some calves off loyal??
    He looks good.

Ya probably could do with a bit of size to. Only have one heifer, out of a medium sized nicely shaped Dubai. She's a cracker, hopefully she stays going the same way. Nicest calf born here in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Interesting, have one overdue to him here at the moment. Long framey type cow by ERE so could be a nice mix with Loyal.

Interesting, have one overdue to him here at the moment. Long framey type cow by ERE so could be a nice mix with Loyal.

Should be a nice mix, this one was born very handy and you wouldn't even look at her for the first few weeks. He's easy calving with milk. Have a nice bull and heifer by Laurel shaping up nicely, young yet. Last one of the year is holding tight as they do, Gamin incalf to Laurel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

Fl22 lm on the go anywhere ?

Just looking at my icbf reports and i see a weanling bull I had killed out at 23 months 499kg dead weight

• Advertisement

Should be a nice mix, this one was born very handy and you wouldn't even look at her for the first few weeks. He's easy calving with milk. Have a nice bull and heifer by Laurel shaping up nicely, young yet. Last one of the year is holding tight as they do, Gamin incalf to Laurel.

Have you used Ewdenvale Ivor LM2014?

Have you used Ewdenvale Ivor LM2014?

Only put him into a few cows the last few weeks. He's supposed to be breeding very nice stuff. A bit like lodge hamlet, he needs a bit of size in the cow. Plenty of muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

2 Cavesland Fenian LZF calved themselves lastnight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

For the man who don't wrestle with pigs. An Excel (LM4027 Bova AI) sired bull sold today in Ennis mart for €2,500. At least, I think he was sold.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

For the man who don't wrestle with pigs. An Excel (LM4027 Bova AI) sired bull sold today in Ennis mart for €2,500. At least, I think he was sold.

Not bad for a normal bull sale. Would there have been many good bulls in it? Saw some smashing Excel Heifers during the summer, real peaches. Not sure if he'd have any milk, you'd want him on a milky cow I think.

• Advertisement

Not bad for a normal bull sale. Would there have been many good bulls in it? Saw some smashing Excel Heifers during the summer, real peaches. Not sure if he'd have any milk, you'd want him on a milky cow I think.

It was a mixed bull sale. Really poor prices. A lot of angus going tru unsold at 1300 to 1500. One aubrac unsold at 1250.
    Herdford slightly better. Around 1700 mark. Most unsold too.
    Charolias making 1800 to 2200. Most unsold. Saw 2 Fiston bulls 2100 & 1900. Poorish & both unsold.
    Lims making 1800 to 2200 mark. A few higher for good ones. I'd say the auctioneers hate those pedigree sales. Begging for bids and most go tru unsold for a finish.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It was a mixed bull sale. Really poor prices. A lot of angus going tru unsold at 1300 to 1500. One aubrac unsold at 1250.
    Charolias making 1800 to 2200. Most unsold. Saw 2 Fiston bulls 2100 & 1900. Poorish & both unsold.
    Lims making 1800 to 2200 mark. A few higher for good ones. I'd say the auctioneers hate those pedigree sales. Begging for bids and most go tru unsold for a finish.

Now is probably a good time to get a bull for humble money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

50HX wrote: »
    Fl22 lm on the go anywhere ?

Just looking at my icbf reports and i see a weanling bull I had killed out at 23 months 499kg dead weight

I still have a few straws in my pot. Bred great stock and very easy calved

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Many Cavelands levi calves around ? What are people's thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

thought the mart could have made more of an effort, didnt even see any catalogue going up unless they did it very close to sale

annubis wrote: »
    thought the mart could have made more of an effort, didnt even see any catalogue going up unless they did it very close to sale

Adds were up on Donedeal. I didn't get a text about it though.
    There was a catalogue up on their site beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

i checked a few times for a catalog and couldnt see any..probably right in front of me

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Simmental.

i checked a few times for a catalog and couldnt see any..probably right in front of me
    it's in this section http://www.claremarts.ie/pedigree-registered-bull-sales-and-entry-forms/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

It was there alright, I was looking through it last week.

Anyone recommend a blue bull suitable for heifers?

• Advertisement

squinn2912 wrote: »

It wouldnt be something i'd do but maybe SFL if he can be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I've used BZC on a few small cows this year (2nd & 3rd calvers)
    He's still 7% though.

I've used BZC on a few small cows this year (2nd & 3rd calvers)
    He's still 7% though.

Thanks guys. These heifers will be 450 kgs when bulled they’ll be strong heifers. Got 8 to bull might try the 4 strongest with bb then lim for the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Thanks guys. These heifers will be 450 kgs when bulled they’ll be strong heifers. Got 8 to bull might try the 4 strongest with bb then lim for the rest

Better you than me. Would consider 450kgs the bare minimum to bull a heifer

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭golodge

What breed of the heifers?

Better you than me. Would consider 450kgs the bare minimum to bull a heifer

You aim for 2 years calving? I’d always buy away from 380 on no issues ever. Often they’ll be well over 400 though.

golodge wrote: »
    What breed of the heifers?

There’s sim heifers out of fresian cows but good big heifers. Hereford red, speckled Charolais and a golden lim

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    Many Cavelands levi calves around ? What are people's thoughts ?

10.3% calving didficulty, 40kgs carcase weight and skeletal of 121, proceed with caution i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

10.3% calving didficulty, 40kgs carcase weight and skeletal of 121, proceed with caution i'd say.

Looks a lovely bull. Mature cows only id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Looks a lovely bull. Mature cows only id say

Ya seems to have great length to him

Advertisement