Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Seanhorse91

Saw Lodge Hamlet on Twitter, one of the longest bulls I've ever seen
    Attachment not found.

Fine bull. He has an awful lot going for him. Been meaning to use him, will definitely put him in a few this spring

https://www.munsterai.ie/Store/Detail/LODGE-HAMLET

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Saw Lodge Hamlet on Twitter, one of the longest bulls I've ever seen
    Attachment not found.

I've a PB heifer due to him in 2 months. Will let you know.;)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I've a PB heifer due to him in 2 months. Will let you know.;)

I've a few pedigree Heifers incalf to him. You'd need a bit of size in the cows you put him on. He's almost like a handy size BB. Good muscle but small. I got 20 of him in the pot too, I think that he's a smasher used on the right cow.

I've a few pedigree Heifers incalf to him. You'd need a bit of size in the cows you put him on. He's almost like a handy size BB. Good muscle but small. I got 20 of him in the pot too, I think that he's a smasher used on the right cow.

Ya, I have him on a very tall Gigolo heifer.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Cow 295 days to a simmental bull. Will hardly be a heifer at this stage:rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement

Cow 295 days to a simmental bull. Will hardly be a heifer at this stage:rolleyes::pac:

That would be unusual, bit of limo in the dam? Big bull of corse.

Ya, I have him on a very tall Gigoglo heifer.

Did you ever use godolphin? Thinking of putting him on two very long cows.

No, never used him. Don't think I've seen any stock by him either.
    Do you get many straws from Elite Pedigree Genetics?

Godolphin is increasing in popularity. Easy calved and bringing muscle. Check out the link below on Facebook. They’ve a serious heifer from him
    https://m.facebook.com/Wanthwaite-Limousins-1897125583876991/

No, never used him. Don't think I've seen any stock by him either.
    Do you get many straws from Elite Pedigree Genetics?

Ya got a few. Notting major. A few F1 and plumbtree fantastic. Really like the look of godolphin but you'd want a lot of milk behind the cow because if you get a Heifer he's definitely not going to add milk.

• Advertisement

Godolphin is increasing in popularity. Easy calved and bringing muscle. Check out the link below on Facebook. They’ve a serious heifer from him
    https://m.facebook.com/Wanthwaite-Limousins-1897125583876991/

Some Heifer isn't she. And out of a fairly plain cow.

Ya nothing special about the mother. 1st calver tho she might be looking plain for that reason. He’s 3 bulls for Carlisle, 1 by godolphin, there’s a few pictures of them on that page. Godolphin looks an Exciting bull considering heifers are calving such class from him

Ya nothing special about the mother. 1st calver tho she might be looking plain for that reason. He’s 3 bulls for Carlisle, 1 by godolphin, there’s a few pictures of them on that page. Godolphin looks an Exciting bull considering heifers are calving such class from him

Ya he's a good bull, think I'll try a few. I see jagerbomb cd is creeping up a bit. He's probably fine but he started off at 2%. I don't think any bull should start that low as hell get put on scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

I had a sim heifer at 299 days once before- don't loose the faith yet!

That would be unusual, bit of limo in the dam? Big bull of corse.

50% limo
    37%montbeliarde. She not the biggest cow so hope its not too big of a calf.

50% limo
    37%montbeliarde. She not the biggest cow so hope its not too big of a calf.

I have one nearly the exact same. 8/9 years old now. If you were to look at her you'd say she's the worse cow there. I think that she's my best. Loads of milk, quite as a lamb and a mad fertile. She's come bulling 30/40 day's after calving and held serval times. Solid love the girl, lol.

I have one nearly the exact same. 8/9 years old now. If you were to look at her you'd say she's the worse cow there. I think that she's my best. Loads of milk, quite as a lamb and a mad fertile. She's come bulling 30/40 day's after calving and held serval times. Solid love the girl, lol.

You can have this one. Can be very calm or bat**** crazy:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

I see the 2019 PG beef catalogue is up on their facebook page.
    Not much new, Ardlea Dan is back.

It's up on their website too;
    https://www.progressivegenetics.ie/downloads

Nice pic on the front. Looks like Ballyvaughan.

Huge fan of Ardlea Dan here. My own bull is by him. Always seems to breed correct type cattle. No milk though.

Like the myostatin thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Huge fan of Ardlea Dan here. My own bull is by him. Always seems to breed correct type cattle. No milk though.

Nice looking bull there. He quiet?

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Nice looking bull there. He quiet?

Ya, he's quiet alright. 4 stars for docility and genotyped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Same as that. My own breeding out of a abi dam. 3 * maternal and 5* terminal. Letting up a few heifers out of him that are from very milky dams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

One of the best terminal Lims ever IMO. Brought great width. But like you said couldn’t color your tea with milk

One of the best terminal Lims ever IMO. Brought great width. But like you said couldn’t color your tea with milk

Funny, but his figures don't agree with that. Only 41 precentile for Carcass weight and 57 percentile for carcass conformation. On width he only scores 44 perc. So only an average bull according to ICBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Funny, but his figures don't agree with that. Only 41 precentile for Carcass weight and 57 percentile for carcass conformation. On width he only scores 44 perc. So only an average bull according to ICBF.

My vet reckons calves off ADX can have big shoulders which have led to some difficult calvings for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

tanko wrote: »
    My vet reckons calves off ADX can have big shoulders which have led to some difficult calvings for him.

Not one for heifers that’s for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ELP

Anybody use Bova bull Rathlee Haribo SI4483?
    Have you any calves on the ground yet?
    What was he like for calving or how many days did he carry?
    Thanks for any replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

ELP wrote: »
    Anybody use Bova bull Rathlee Haribo SI4483?
    Have you any calves on the ground yet?
    What was he like for calving or how many days did he carry?
    Thanks for any replies

Stuck two straws in to cows 3 weeks ago! On paper he looks grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Bova prices

Advertisement