Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

rebecca82 wrote: »
    Applied 21st January for wfp. Got it today into bank account with arrears included. 8 weeks in total. Rang wfp to make sure money was from them.

7 weeks is it not? We applied the Monday after you, so I'm hopeful now

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rebecca82

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    7 weeks is it not? We applied the Monday after you, so I'm hopeful now

Haven’t a clue thought was 8 weeks but cud have included today pay too. Anyways it came quickly enough in the end!!

Haven’t a clue thought was 8 weeks but cud have included today pay too. Anyways it came quickly enough in the end!!

We're only on one income and things are getting desperate, so hoping that we might be within the next two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Applied 21st January for wfp. Got it today into bank account with arrears included. 8 weeks in total. Rang wfp to make sure money was from them.

Delighted for you

We're only on one income and things are getting desperate, so hoping that we might be within the next two weeks!

I know how u feeling it’s very hard. We got payment then in post today we got the letter from wfp to say it was awarded.

• Advertisement

I know how u feeling it’s very hard. We got payment then in post today we got the letter from wfp to say it was awarded.

Just got an email to say that it will be 3 to 4 weeks before our claim is even looked at because the waiting time is now 9 weeks. Devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

Just got an email to say that it will be 3 to 4 weeks before our claim is even looked at because the waiting time is now 9 weeks. Devastated.

What date did you send yours in/did they acknowledge receipt? Mine was received 30 Jan so just wondering if I'm before or after you. Really could do with it at this stage.

Pepsicass wrote: »
    What date did you send yours in/did they acknowledge receipt? Mine was received 30 Jan so just wondering if I'm before or after you. Really could do with it at this stage.

You would be ahead of me likely, we sent it in on the 28th and it was acknowledged the 5th of Feb.

You would be ahead of me likely, we sent it in on the 28th and it was acknowledged the 5th of Feb.

So I'm a week ahead of you. So probably 2/3 weeks more for me. Feck - I was hoping this or next week.

I'll let you know when I hear anything so at least you'll know yours is imminent.

So I'm a week ahead of you. So probably 2/3 weeks more for me. Feck - I was hoping this or next week.

I'll let you know when I hear anything so at least you'll know yours is imminent.

I was hoping the next 2 to 3 weeks myself. Savings are long gone at this stage! Hopefully you get sorted soon!

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know I received my first weekly payment and a letter saying my arrears will be paid in "due course".

It will be backdated to the week after I started work. I emailed them to ask why it isn't being backdated to the week I started work as that's when my jobseekers payment stopped.

Just to let everyone know I received my first weekly payment and a letter saying my arrears will be paid in "due course".

It will be backdated to the week after I started work. I emailed them to ask why it isn't being backdated to the week I started work as that's when my jobseekers payment stopped.

If I remember right, JS is paid in arrears so there would be an overlap. On the flip side, that's two people here very recently that got their payments quickly enough and they sent us our letter dated the 5th of February so hopefully we're next! :D

Got our letter of approval in the door this morning, with arrears to arrive "in due course". Just delighted to know its finally sorted. 8 weeks wait!

Got our letter of approval in the door this morning, with arrears to arrive "in due course". Just delighted to know its finally sorted. 8 weeks wait!

Delighted for u at long last 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

I rang today and was told my claim was approved on Saturday that I would receive a letter in the coming days. Anyone know what day the payments are made? Will the back dated money be included with the first payment? Thanks in advance.

(My date was 1st of April nearly 10 weeks waiting)

mackey9387 wrote: »
    I rang today and was told my claim was approved on Saturday that I would receive a letter in the coming days. Anyone know what day the payments are made? Will the back dated money be included with the first payment? Thanks in advance.

Hi payments are on a Thursday and when I got approved my back dated money was included.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

tommyboy26 wrote:
    i think we are talking about two different places.

rebecca82 wrote:
    Hi payments are on a Thursday and when I got approved my back dated money was included.

Thank You.

mackey9387 wrote: »

Payments are Thursday as already stated but we only received our backdated pay a fortnight ago - just dont rely on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Anybody know how long renewals are taking atm? Mine was received on 28th May, just a few weeks left on current payment. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any1 know what dates they are working on I received my confirmation letter on the 18th April and haven’t heard anything since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long renewals are taking atm? Mine was received on 28th May, just a few weeks left on current payment. Thanks.

I’m the same mine was received on the 18th April and still nothing?

Minicopper wrote: »
    I’m the same mine was received on the 18th April and still nothing?

For renewal? Thought it’d be a lot faster, have you finished old payment now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Not So Wise One

Confirmation letter 15th April, approval letter received today. Was anyone's assessment incorrect? What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Confirmation letter 15th April, approval letter received today. Was anyone's assessment incorrect? What did you do?

I got my confirmation letter on the 18th hopefully it won’t be much longer now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MK1992

For anybody wondering they are working on the 29th of April's applications now I rang this morning.

Hi. They received my renewal form 5 weeks ago, does anyone know how long renewals are taking at the moment? Think last payment is this week. Starting to get worried.

anyone know what date they are handling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi they are on may 16th I rang yesterday.

just to update everyone I rang wfp yesterday and they are currently working on the 28th of may I got a confirmation letter for the 23rd of may I asked the woman on the phone if I have been approved or not since they are past my date of confirmation and she said it is still with the deciding officer does anyone know if it will be a much longer wait like I thought they should know by now if it is approved or not because my letter was for the 23rd of may and they are working on the 28th. By the time I get it I'll have to renew it 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Skyehye

Hi, just wondering if I'll be eligible for the wfp. I've being registered since 19th June with acknowledgement letter. I'm separated from my husband over 3 months but didn't get a separation agreement, we just parted ways. I have sent everything in that they wanted?

Advertisement