Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iwantopinion

Skyehye wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if I'll be eligible for the wfp. I've being registered since 19th June with acknowledgement letter. I'm separated from my husband over 3 months but didn't get a separation agreement, we just parted ways. I have sent everything in that they wanted?

Hiya, you shouldn't need a separation agreement maybe a bill with your husbands name showing his new address. I am separated and I cant remember if I sent in a bill or not. I have an affidavit done outlining in basic terms what myself and my ex have arranged between ourselves. I think I sent that in. It's so long ago now I applied I cant remember!
    No harm for future to get something drawn up in case you have to apply for more things in future.

Just to update I received a reply to an email I sent last week that current wait times is "9 weeks or so"

They recieved my application 06th June.

Rang today they are in June now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Skyehye

Does anyone know if the wfp ring you, because I've missed a call twice from a Dublin number and I'm afraid it was them and I've missed them. I've tried ringing it back but it won't allow me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Does anyone know if the wfp ring you, because I've missed a call twice from a Dublin number and I'm afraid it was them and I've missed them. I've tried ringing it back but it won't allow me to.

They've never rang me, I think they'd sooner write out to you. Besides, their office is based in Longford so it could be an 043 prefix as far as I know.

• Advertisement

No I haven't been contacted by phone by them. I rang again today and I was told its with the deciding officer the lady on phone was lovely and she was able to tell me what additional things they needed ( payslips) . She said the letter only went out to me yesterday but I asked if I could email them in this evening to speed along. She told me the name to address it to. Fingers crossed this moves things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

No I haven't been contacted by phone by them. I rang again today and I was told its with the deciding officer the lady on phone was lovely and she was able to tell me what additional things they needed ( payslips) . She said the letter only went out to me yesterday but I asked if I could email them in this evening to speed along. She told me the name to address it to. Fingers crossed this moves things along.

Hi ,

Do you know what date your papers was originally received

Hi ,

Do you know what date your papers was originally received

Yes they received mine on 6th of June. I had posted the previous Thursday.

Has anybody heard anything back yet that were registered in June?

Has anybody heard anything back yet that were registered in June?

Mine was sent in June but still with deciding officer I called yday and she was on a course day. I'm hoping it's going to be soon. Really had hoped to have by now.

• Advertisement

Hopefully u should hear soon, I'm hoping to hear soon, I was the 19th june

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BeerFarts

Does anyone know if they'll backdate it to the start of employment? I'm having a hard time getting my employer to stamp the forms for god knows what reason. It's been 3 weeks now and I'm getting impatient - I just hope I'm not losing out on money because of it, things are very tight at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A Teddy bear

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they'll backdate it to the start of employment? I'm having a hard time getting my employer to stamp the forms for god knows what reason. It's been 3 weeks now and I'm getting impatient - I just hope I'm not losing out on money because of it, things are very tight at the moment.
    No, they'll only backdate it from the date they receive the form.

No, they'll only backdate it from the date they receive the form.

They seem to have conflicting info on this? I've read on welfare.ie that once the application is received within 3 months of circumstances changing then you will be back dated to when you became eligible. Then I've read on here some people only being paid to when forms were recieved by dept of social welfare.

Been approved! Rang today and it is being back dated to thurs after I started work.

Application sent 28/05
    Application recieved 06/06
    Approved 06/08

I received a letter on Friday saying I was refused because I was participating in a work scheme �� turns out my employer filled the form out wrong. Deciding over rang me this morning to say my employer ticked yes to the working scheme even tho I'm not�� so now I've to get letter of her tonight saying I'm not, email to him tomorrow and he will look at it straight away. So sounds positive

Hi, just got letter in post to say if being awarded wfp. Letter was registered on the 19th june. Just wondering they say first payment would issue from the 15th August which was yesterday but nothing there. Anyone every got it on a different day?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Hi, just got letter in post to say if being awarded wfp. Letter was registered on the 19th june. Just wondering they say first payment would issue from the 15th August which was yesterday but nothing there. Anyone every got it on a different day?

Nope, it's paid on a Thursday in advance, so I'd imagine that you'll receive your first payment (backdated to the 15th) next Thursday. Depending on who you bank with, the payment might reach your account on the Wednesday night. I'm with Ulster Bank and that's the case for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 XXTOMXX

Does any one know if u can continue on casual dockets while waiting on a wfp decision

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenbeebee

Hi
    Anyone know what month they are in of processing applications?? I’ve emailed and called and tweeted? Nobody seems to respond?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I applied for mine in June they received it on the 28th of june. I emailed them about month ago and they replied back a week and a half ago, that said I would hear word from them in 2 weeks approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Jenbeebee wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone know what month they are in of processing applications?? I’ve emailed and called and tweeted? Nobody seems to respond?

Thanks

Applied start of July, not heard anything from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lede

I'd like to know if anyone knows what month they're processing. Sent application form on 18th June, they sent letter back saying they received the application on 25th July which is shocking. Pretty sure it's 3 days to post a letter. 3 weeks to open it!!!! Anyhow its now nearly September and I've heard nothing back. Surely it can't take so long. Living off €210 a week. Shocking length of time to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenbeebee

nicrob08 wrote: »
    Applied start of July, not heard anything from them.

I got letter dated 18th July that they received my application and nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tommie 19

Lede wrote: »
    I'd like to know if anyone knows what month they're processing. Sent application form on 18th June, they sent letter back saying they received the application on 25th July which is shocking. Pretty sure it's 3 days to post a letter. 3 weeks to open it!!!! Anyhow its now nearly September and I've heard nothing back. Surely it can't take so long. Living off €210 a week. Shocking length of time to wait

I sent my application in, in June got the letter back saying they received it on the 28th June. I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and heard back a week and a half ago that I should hear word in about 2 weeks approx heard nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jellytots123

Last Friday they were on 2nd july

Just phoned there now. They are on at least the 13th July as mine was that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lede

Just phoned there now. They are on at least the 13th July as mine was that date.
    Do you know the number you called? Because I was in hold 59mins without speaking to an actual human. So frustrating

Lede wrote: »
    Do you know the number you called? Because I was in hold 59mins without speaking to an actual human. So frustrating

043 3340000 think it depends on the time as I had called earlier in day and i was waiting the same as u and the phone cut off. When I phoned at bout 4ish I was only waiting bout 10mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

10am or 4pm is the only time to ring. Ringing will only tell you what week they’re on, it won’t get you moved up the list. The time they spend answering the phone is time taken away from processing the claims. There aren’t staff assigned to answer the phone.

Advertisement