Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP waiting times

Options
  • 23-07-2018 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Hi, started new job 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for employer to give me back my filled out WFP form. Employer in Dublin, I work in outlet in the West. So already 2 weeks behind, hopefully get it tomorrow. Does anyone know how long waiting times are at the moment? I’m only working part time so not much wages to live on till it comes through, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skulltaz

Hi, I applied back in June. They "received" my application on 07/07/18 and I am still waiting. I call them every day cause they do not respond to emails. As far as I know the waiting time is 4/5 weeks at the moment. I am in the same boat though girl! trying to live in 250 a week which is impossible. The good thing is though they back date it from the day you start work. Once u send the form ring and ring and ring

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

We applied in March and got our first payment in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I finally got form sent of on Aug 1st. Fingers crossed I get payment first week in Sept. Be nice lump sum for 7/8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lorna93

I sent my form off on August 1st too! Keep us updated if you get a reply. I emailed them to see the waiting times but no response yet. Hopefully we aren't waiting too long.

I emailed yesterday, got reply pretty quickly, just said waiting time 6-7 weeks at present.

• Advertisement

So that may be mid to late September before we hear anything back if we're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lorna93 wrote: »
    So that may be mid to late September before we hear anything back if we're lucky.

You’ll get it all backdated. In the meantime if your income is below the rate for SWA you can see the CWO. Did you or your partner sign off OPFP or JSA to go to work? You may be entitled to BTWFD if you did.

My partner is on JSA and I'm currently on maternity leave. So we wouldn't be entitled to anything. We'll just wait it out. Thanks anyways.

My partner is on JSA and I'm currently on maternity leave. So we wouldn't be entitled to anything. We'll just wait it out. Thanks anyways.

Did you hear anything from them since? Long time waiting.

They finally emailed me last Monday (after 3 different emails) that they received my application on the 9th of August and that it was 6-7 weeks waiting time. That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I emailed yesterday, got reply pretty quickly, just said waiting time 6-7 weeks at present.

Hi. Im waiting for decision myself. Tried to call them couple times, but no luck. What is their email address?

Thanks

Clonee-mum wrote: »
    Hi. Im waiting for decision myself. Tried to call them couple times, but no luck. What is their email address?

Thanks

WFPnewclaims@welfare.ie

Got another email back from them today and they're currently dealing with claims from 20th July. Still a while to go yet!

Got another email back from them today and they're currently dealing with claims from 20th July. Still a while to go yet!

Hopefully we’ll have it by Christmas!!!! Seriously though, it’s taking way too long. Thanks for keeping us informed though.

Any update @Curlysue76?

Any update @Curlysue76?

Nothing yet, tried ringing today but didn’t get through. Fingers crossed it’ll be this week.

They're dealing with 1st August, I just got an email to say. It'll be another 2 weeks for myself I'd say (9th).

I posted mine on 1st , email today said they received it on 8th. And it’s taking 7 weeks. I’m thinking next week.

By the looks of things we'll be lucky to see anything before Christmas! This wait is crazy!

Finally got through to them today on phone. Long time waiting, cost me about €15 in credit. Anyway, they’re dealing with claims received Fri 3rd Aug. They received mine on the following Wed so just 3 days of claims left. Still hopeful Monday payment so could possibly be in my account Fri night.

• Advertisement

I've seen on Facebook that people are claiming the fis section told them they received their application on a Saturday so it may be another few days. Fis is normally paid on a Thursday so if you didn't get it yesterday you might get it next Thursday!

I've seen on Facebook that people are claiming the fis section told them they received their application on a Saturday so it may be another few days. Fis is normally paid on a Thursday so if you didn't get it yesterday you might get it next Thursday!

They do pay on a Thursday but I’m pretty sure once they have claim approved they send out what is owed up till then, then regular weekly payment starts the next Thursday. That’s what happened last time I had new application in. I got two payments in the one week, Much easier doing the renewal.

Fingers crossed that happens! I'm beyond fed up emailing this crowd. It takes days for a response and I'm not going wasting any more money to phone them. I think it's just dragging more because I know they're nearly at my application. They'd want to hurry up though, money is getting very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Rainbowdash1

We were waiting about 8 weeks. Got it two weeks ago and it was backdated, which was nice!

I think I may have finally gotten mine, I had some extra money in my account this morning so I'm hoping that's it. Fingers crossed I get a letter today or tomorrow to confirm and it's not a mistake! :D Hope you got yours sorted CurlySue!

I think I may have finally gotten mine, I had some extra money in my account this morning so I'm hoping that's it. Fingers crossed I get a letter today or tomorrow to confirm and it's not a mistake! :D Hope you got yours sorted CurlySue!

I’m with UB so I’m still hoping in might be in today. They’re having another technical problem so CB not in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi did you got your payment finally? I got two emails from them in one they saing that they got my application on 14th of August and waiting time is 6-8 weeks and the other saing that my application was received on 16th of August and waiting time is 8-10 weeks.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I’m with UB so I’m still hoping in might be in today. They’re having another technical problem so CB not in yet.

Ha, that was 10 days ago. Finally got payment in tonight, so was paid for Monday. Always get CB night before with UB. So same with WFP. Just 2 days short of 10 weeks from they received application.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happy12 3

Hi I just applied this week and was wondering if anyone knows how long the waiting times are now?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DuffA88

hi I applied on the 1st of October. they registered my form on the 11th.. I'm hoping I get it by Christmas.. how many pay slips did people send I only sent the 1 as was eager to get the form in.. should I forward on more???

Advertisement