Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

Unfortunately I have been given notice by landlord, luckily managed to secure somewhere pretty quick this week. Do i have to start a new claim or do i just notify them.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Sent forms in last Thursday, received letter acknowledging application today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

nicrob08 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have been given notice by landlord, luckily managed to secure somewhere pretty quick this week. Do i have to start a new claim or do i just notify them.

Just notify them of your change of address. Don’t forget to send the same to Child Benefit and medical cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AoifeF4

Jenbeebee wrote: »
    I was lucky i got it all together but it did state on letter that back dated money owed can be paid at any other time 🙄

Sent an email last week enquiring about it and they replied today, it's because he owes money to department, even though he is paying it back already, they may take the arrears against what's owed and give him the balance but it's a different department that does it so we'll have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AoifeF4

Can I ask,I know if you change to a new employer you need to notify & Start a new claim, and your current claim ends, but there is no way with 5 kids we will survive on my husbands new wages while our claim is approved.
    We haven’t got his payslip yet,as he only started his new job but could the CWo help until the claim is approved? Especially as some of you have been waiting a very long time and it’s coming up to Xmas
    I'd say you might be able to apply for a supplementary payment while awaiting the claim, your local intreo office should be able to tell you for definite, nothing worse then being short the money at this time if year, especially with kids x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Tommie 19

Just rang them and they said my application is gone out to the local office, does anyone know how long it takes to complete that, heard no word from my local office either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jenbeebee

Tommie 19 wrote: »
    Just rang them and they said my application is gone out to the local office, does anyone know how long it takes to complete that, heard no word from my local office either.

Have u heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mindybutt1

natc wrote: »
    Sent forms in last Thursday, received letter acknowledging application today.

Have u heard anything yet ??? I got my acknowledgement the 21st of September

mindybutt1 wrote: »
    Have u heard anything yet ??? I got my acknowledgement the 21st of September

No movement since. I emailed on Friday asking for an update on my application and I was told it was with a deciding officer now.

They did reply on a Saturday so they are working overtime to try clear the backlog by the looks of things. I was originally told 5-6 weeks but tomorrow is 6 weeks and I have no reason to think it’ll be resolved anytime soon.

Rang them today and found out that my application was sent to my local office for an inspector to arrange a meeting with me.

I have a meeting next week so hopefully it won’t take long after that. I asked why I had to have a meeting and was it routine.....they said large batches are just pulled at random for further inspection by local officers.

I wasn’t instructed to bring anything to the meeting with me so I’m assuming it’s just a run down of my application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Rang them today and found out that my application was sent to my local office for an inspector to arrange a meeting with me.

I have a meeting next week so hopefully it won’t take long after that. I asked why I had to have a meeting and was it routine.....they said large batches are just pulled at random for further inspection by local officers.

I wasn’t instructed to bring anything to the meeting with me so I’m assuming it’s just a run down of my application?
    And all the time you’re waiting to get the money you need. I don’t mind you being the subject of a spot check once they’ve put the payment in place. It’s the waiting so long for your entitlement and then adding this on at the end. They’re ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

I sent mine in the start of October called Friday as I've heard nothing, not even a text to say they've received it, turns out they have my application but due to the back log I could be looking at the new year, that's without them requesting more information if needed as I've only started this job its only part time and I've kids and xmas is coming I'm in a sweat here!!

Had my meeting with inspector today. They want proof of rent paid before my application can go any further. Wish they would have told me beforehand so that I could have brought it with new. She said I’m looking at another 2-3 weeks after that for it to be processed. I’ll send in proof tomorrow so all things going good I should have it by end of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Had my meeting with inspector today. They want proof of rent paid before my application can go any further. Wish they would have told me beforehand so that I could have brought it with new. She said I’m looking at another 2-3 weeks after that for it to be processed. I’ll send in proof tomorrow so all things going good I should have it by end of November.

I wonder why they want proof of rent paid? I thought it was all just about income.

I wonder why they want proof of rent paid? I thought it was all just about income.

I don't recall filling that part in FFS don't know what I was thinking... Can expect a request for more info now 😢 I only got a letter today saying they've received my application after me having to call last week for an update and I was told then it could be the new year before they get October applications processed

mumo3 wrote: »
    I don't recall filling that part in FFS don't know what I was thinking... Can expect a request for more info now 😢 I only got a letter today saying they've received my application after me having to call last week for an update and I was told then it could be the new year before they get October applications processed

But that’s what I’m saying really, WFP only really takes into account your income not your outgoings so how much rent you pay shouldn’t matter. It’s not even a question on the form so no idea why they would request it. Your outgoings are not taken into account in the calculations

Yeah I don’t know why they asked about it myself. Throughout the years when I’ve been on jobseekers, illness benefit, maternity leave I’ve always lived in the same place and paid the same rent. Hopefully it won’t hold things up too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

As far as I know, wfp ask about rent when you are getting maintenance.

Found a link

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/worksheets/worksheet_how_to_calculate_your_family_income_supplement.html

"Note 4
    All income from maintenance is assessed. This includes maintenance for you and maintenance to you for any of your children. If you are getting maintenance from more than one person, all the payments are added together and the total is assessed as means.

Your housing costs (your rent or mortgage repayment) up to a maximum of €95.23 per week can be offset against maintenance payments. Half the balance is then assessed as means. You cannot offset your housing costs against maintenance payments for WFP, if you have already done so in the means test for another social welfare payment."

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    As far as I know, wfp ask about rent when you are getting maintenance.

Found a link

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/worksheets/worksheet_how_to_calculate_your_family_income_supplement.html

"Note 4
    All income from maintenance is assessed. This includes maintenance for you and maintenance to you for any of your children. If you are getting maintenance from more than one person, all the payments are added together and the total is assessed as means.

Your housing costs (your rent or mortgage repayment) up to a maximum of €95.23 per week can be offset against maintenance payments. Half the balance is then assessed as means. You cannot offset your housing costs against maintenance payments for WFP, if you have already done so in the means test for another social welfare payment."

I’m not getting maintenance though. It’s all on the form that I’m married and all living cosy together. I dunno.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

We've been on WFP for 3 years now and each year we reapply it's normally sorted within the week.
    This year I sent the forms back on a Monday and received the approval on the Friday. Are these delays for new applicants?
    Initially when we applied they refused as they stated we were financially better off on the JA, which was true at the time but I was restricted to 3 days per week so couldn't cover holidays or sick days. Once I appealed and stated that I wanted to claim WFP as it allowed me to gain extra hours and didn't mind the shirt term financial loss they were quick to approve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Hi guys got letter through was only backdated 7 weeks til September 19 when i started new job in june please check all your money and dates as i am sure i am due the money back til june 17th

Hi guys got letter through was only backdated 7 weeks til September 19 when i started new job in june please check all your money and dates as i am sure i am due the money back til june 17th

It's backdated to the date on your application not the start of your employment. Did you apply around September 17th?

corsav6 wrote: »
    It's backdated to the date on your application not the start of your employment. Did you apply around September 17th?

I appealed it today, was told on phone its from the start of your employment. Thank goodness

I appealed it today, was told on phone its from the start of your employment. Thank goodness

Really? Well it's a bit late for me since we've been on it for 2 years but I was told it was from the date on the application and not employment start date.
    That's brilliant for you, a handy little lump sum for Christmas.

Within the 3 month timeframe

Just curious I noticed on the renewal form I got it says on the back “ did this employment commence within the past 3 months please sign here” or something to that effect.
    Do you not need to reapply if you change jobs within the year? Or why is that section on a renewal form?

Got my payment today. Submitted the letter from my landlord on Monday and thought I’d be waiting ages. Thankfully it was processed straight away and I got my first payment in my account today. It was backdated to the date I applied too all in one payment! Santa is a comin!! Delighted

Did you get your back dated payment along with your first payment? And did you get notification before your payment went in?

mumo3 wrote: »
    Did you get your back dated payment along with your first payment? And did you get notification before your payment went in?

Yes I got it all in one payment. I didn’t get notice beforehand. I just decided to ring to follow up on my claim and was informed it was signed off on and a letter was issued to me. He couldn’t tell me how much I was getting. I should have the letter tomorrow breaking down my means.

• Advertisement

Yes I got it all in one payment. I didn’t get notice beforehand. I just decided to ring to follow up on my claim and was informed it was signed off on and a letter was issued to me. He couldn’t tell me how much I was getting. I should have the letter tomorrow breaking down my means.
    Thanks, I seemed to have got a payment on Friday... received no letter or back payment, will need to wait for a letter and follow up then

Advertisement