Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Missy99 wrote: »
    It’s so frustrating
    My application was received by them on December 10th
    New application
    I rang 2 weeks ago and was told it was with deciding officer
    I rang again today and it’s STILL with deciding officer
    It’s getting annoying now
    How long does it take to make a decision

That is very frustrating..... Did they mention if thee was anything you could give them to quicken it up, like do you need more payslips or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Missy99

That is very frustrating..... Did they mention if thee was anything you could give them to quicken it up, like do you need more payslips or anything

The lady I spoke to wasn’t very helpful just said I would hear from them if they needed anything further
    I got the impression she’s used to ppl calling up enquiring so she just fobs them off

The lady I spoke to wasn’t very helpful just said I would hear from them if they needed anything further
    I got the impression she’s used to ppl calling up enquiring so she just fobs them off

I found them very helpful via email. When I contacted them and told them a friend had been approved after sending theirs in later than mine, mine was put through almost immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I found them very helpful via email. When I contacted them and told them a friend had been approved after sending theirs in later than mine, mine was put through almost immediately

I emailed them a few hours ago and asked about waiting times and was told 7 to 8 weeks from they receive the application. So it will likely be April at the earliest for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mick Costello

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I emailed them a few hours ago and asked about waiting times and was told 7 to 8 weeks from they receive the application. So it will likely be April at the earliest for us.

I've emailed 3 times and no response I found them helpful on phone but still waiting now 8 weeks

• Advertisement

I've emailed 3 times and no response I found them helpful on phone but still waiting now 8 weeks

Where are you sending the email to? I got an answer back in just over 2 hours, but it's not a standard response email - I was invited to sign up for a secure "envelope" to read messages.

Where are you sending the email to? I got an answer back in just over 2 hours, but it's not a standard response email - I was invited to sign up for a secure "envelope" to read messages.

The WFPNewClaims@welfare.ie email

Very odd then, maybe recheck because it's not a regular email you get back - it comes from a weird secure service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Very odd then, maybe recheck because it's not a regular email you get back - it comes from a weird secure service.

I emailed them on Wednesday and they emailed me back a regular email later that day with a regular reply signed with a first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

I emailed and got a reply from the secure server as well - saying that they received my application at the end of Jan, that they are dealing with Dec applications at the mo and there's an eight week waiting list. It's madness.

What I am wondering and I am hoping someone here can help with the answer is - will my payment be backdated to when they received my application (30 Jan) or when I started working (7 Jan). I am presuming and hoping it'll be 7 Jan as my Job Seekers Transitional payment stopped then.

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Pepsicass wrote: »
    I emailed and got a reply from the secure server as well - saying that they received my application at the end of Jan, that they are dealing with Dec applications at the mo and there's an eight week waiting list. It's madness.

What I am wondering and I am hoping someone here can help with the answer is - will my payment be backdated to when they received my application (30 Jan) or when I started working (7 Jan). I am presuming and hoping it'll be 7 Jan as my Job Seekers Transitional payment stopped then.

Many thanks.

Did you get your BTWFD?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Did you get your BTWFD?

Yep - got that in a matter of days!

Just hoping WFP is backdated to employment start date rather than date received. It really should be.

Just hoping WFP is backdated to employment start date rather than date received. It really should be.

I was told it's the date on your forms they go by for backdates, but I only know one person receiving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I got it from the first Thursday after I started new job. It says it from ‘first Thursday after you become eligible ‘. It also took me 3 weeks to get form to them, took that long to get form back from employer.

I think I’ll email them
    What email did you use? What did you put in subject bar?
    I’m so annoyed

I applied for my BTWFD back in December when I applied for WFP
    I haven’t heard anything at all from them
    I gave the forms to my local SW office

I applied for my BTWFD back in December when I applied for WFP
    I haven’t heard anything at all from them
    I gave the forms to my local SW office

I'd definitely get in touch then - we got ours within 2 weeks of applying!

I think I’ll email them
    What email did you use? What did you put in subject bar?
    I’m so annoyed

I emailed the WFPnewclaims@welfare.ie and I think I just put query in the subject bar

I emailed the WFPnewclaims@welfare.ie and I think I just put query in the subject bar

I sent an email fingers crossed
    Thanks so much

I rang this morn and I was told that I have been awarded working family payment but there’s only €4 in the difference
    I’m currently getting €174 on jobseekers benefit
    Is this correct?
    I can’t claim back to work family dividend on jobseekers benefit
    I thought working family payment rates were higher than this
    Can anyone advise me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Wfp is a percentage of the difference of the rates set from the income limits & wages eg 3 kids €723 is income limit.
    Your wages is €500 per week
    Difference €723-€500= €223
    €223 / 60%= €133.80 that’s your wfp amount.
    You can’t get Wfp & jobseekers

Wfp came in,8 weeks since applied and back dated 5 weeks payment just in, I rang Monday and a lovely gentleman told me back pay would be in today and payment tmr

Wfp came in,8 weeks since applied and back dated 5 weeks payment just in, I rang Monday and a lovely gentleman told me back pay would be in today and payment tmr

You were only backdated 5 out of 8 weeks?

You were only backdated 5 out of 8 weeks?

Should have been clearer, I had to cancel my js benefit before they would process so only did that 5 weeks ago, very tight though living off low wages those 5 weeks, all back pay has just gone on paying off debt

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

hi I just tried to renew my wfp but it was refused as it's not adding up.as I was on illness Ben 5 months last year and I was out sick 2 weeks this year.

Surely it can't be refused if a person is out sick. Any advice regarding the appeal as in what info I need.

Should have been clearer, I had to cancel my js benefit before they would process so only did that 5 weeks ago, very tight though living off low wages those 5 weeks, all back pay has just gone on paying off debt

I feel you there, we are on a single wage here a d the wait is crippling us!

I feel you there, we are on a single wage here a d the wait is crippling us!

I used up every bit of savings just getting by last few weeks, it's just me and the kids and it was such a struggle, today I just paid off debt after debt but its done now, it will be the first night I'll sleep OK in a while!

Has anyone got their payment recently (first time applicants)? I'm just wondering what the waiting time is now and whether people are being backdated to their actual date of starting work.

Thanks.

Has anyone got their payment recently (first time applicants)? I'm just wondering what the waiting time is now and whether people are being backdated to their actual date of starting work.

Thanks.

We applied almost 5 weeks ago and there's been absolutely no word. As far as I know, there is still an 8-week wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 rebecca82

Applied 21st January for wfp. Got it today into bank account with arrears included. 8 weeks in total. Rang wfp to make sure money was from them.

Advertisement