Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    They weren't in charge of their children at the time though. They were in the restaurant, the kids weren't.

Bit of a bait and switch that.

As I've said, they can arguably be criticised for leaving the children unattended, but I don't think they can reasonably be criticized for having a few glasses of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

splinter65 wrote:
    Your entire theory surrounding the disappeance is based on your own assumptions, which everybody else here is supposed to accept as fact. But we can assume nothing.

I never put forward a theory, so as I asked you before please stop lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Was there forensics done in the apartment? Surely no matter how good the mccanns would be able to clean up, they would't be able to remove every single trace of blood or something. Plus where would they dispose of the body and would they be willing to dump her if she did die of an accident?

Zero chance they had anything to do with it imo. I reckon the girl that seen a man holding a child around 9.15pm was indeed Maddie in his arms. Its just madness that shes just vanished off the face of the earth especially with all the resources put behind in finding her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sorry I did word my last post wrong. It was 5 bottles between the group of 7. Hardly anything to write home about and its not that relevant anyways.

Did anyone read the report about a strange man collecting for an orphanage and was fixated on the 3 year old kid whos mother he was cahtting to. Apparently he came back the next day and was standing over the 3 year old only for the mother to scare him off when she came down the stairs. That gave me chills. Think it was a few days before Madelaine went missing.

Yes I remember that. There were a number of weirdos around at that time.

Safeguard their children, that's why one is missing.

The reason Madeline McCann is missing is because someone took her away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Phoebas wrote: »

Or more likely her parents have buried her and are keeping up this charade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I made none that's the thing.

'It's over half a bottle each. You would certainly be impaired. 5 glasses of wine ( standard glass) in a bottle. 5 bottles = 25 glasses. 7 adults assuming all drank the wine.'

Assuming they were intoxicated no?

Now before you get all pedantic on me on the definition of intoxicated, the inference so far is that the group went out primarily to drink and get drunk.

Where did they bury her? When? How? Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Could people really be that crazy to keep that act up for 12 years?

Terrible parent's but I don't think they killed her myself

The orphanage men makes the most sense, that was incredibly creepy

OK, how did they kill her? When did they get the chance to bury her?

• Advertisement

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Could people really be that crazy to keep that act up for 12 years?

Terrible parent's but I don't think they killed her myself

The orphanage men makes the most sense, that was incredibly creepy

Whats your definition of terrible parenting? Yes, they made a huge mistake, but by all accounts they are kind, loving parents and always have been.

Would you like to be judged on one act of stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

Something Else
    Did jane tanner check the kids after she saw the man walking with child (think she was on the way to the apt)? Did she not notice if madeline was gone at that point?

jc11 wrote: »
    Did jane tanner check the kids after she saw the man walking with child (think she was on the way to the apt)? Did she not notice if madeline was gone at that point?

Not sure on that.

I've often wondered if the man walking with the child could have been a parent collecting their own child form a night creche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Something Else

I think she said she just entered the apartment and everything seemed fine so did not go into the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Trekker09 wrote: »
    'It's over half a bottle each. You would certainly be impaired. 5 glasses of wine ( standard glass) in a bottle. 5 bottles = 25 glasses. 7 adults assuming all drank the wine.'

Assuming they were intoxicated no?

Now before you get all pedantic on me on the definition of intoxicated, the inference so far is that the group went out primarily to drink and get drunk.

9 adults, not 7. It's also a safe bet a few of those bottles weren't finished, as the alarm was raised after an hour and a half.

Hardly the hedonistic evening some are portraying it as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Something Else
    Not sure on that.

I've often wondered if the man walking with the child could have been a parent collecting their own child form a night creche.

You would think everyone that was in the area would have heard the news and come forward to clear that up.

Tanner didn’t think anything of the man carrying the child when she walked past him. Why would she? It was only in retrospect, after the disappearance of Maddie, that she recalled a man carrying a child.

tuxy wrote: »
    You would think everyone that was in the area would have heard the news and come forward to clear that up.

Quite possibly, but I wonder was that angle even considered.

As far as I'm aware, that man did come forward and was eliminated from enquires - he was a fellow Ocean Club tourist carrying his own child.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Something Else
    Jane Tanner gave conflicting accounts of the man she saw -- at first she couldn't recall his facial features but later she was able to give them in detail. In any case, the man was eventually identified and cleared.

• Advertisement

Somebody did come forward. A man carrying his two year old home from the night crèche.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Was there forensics done in the apartment? Surely no matter how good the mccanns would be able to clean up, they would't be able to remove every single trace of blood or something. Plus where would they dispose of the body and would they be willing to dump her if she did die of an accident?

The chief Portuguese detective, Amaral, reckons they stuffed her in some random freezer at some stage during the evening, then concocted the kidnapping plan, went to dinner (acting perfectly normally) and then transported her body somewhere else a few weeks later. In a geographical area they were unfamiliar with, where she hasn't been found to this day.

How they managed to do this whilst surrounded by police, family and the world's media he can't answer, funnily enough. They must be the cleverest, coldest killers ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would you like to be judged on one act of stupidity?

It wasnt really one act though was it? Were the kids not alone in the apartment other nights they were there?

If you run across a motorway every morning to take a short cut to work and get hit and killed after a week, thats not a single act of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Creol1 wrote: »
    Jane Tanner gave conflicting accounts of the man she saw -- at first she couldn't recall his facial features but later she was able to give them in detail. In any case, the man was eventually identified and cleared.

But she also identified murat as the man carrying the child

who looks nothing like the one that eventually came forward after I think 6-7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

This back and forth on the thread regarding the actions of the parents is a microcosm of what’s gone on for years now in the wider media, people have got stuck in the mud focusing on the morality of the parents rather than looking at the bigger picture and in my opinion it’s the real tragedy here as it takes the focus off the actual perpetrator or perpetrators who abducted the child.

If one thinks logically about it and removes any morality around the actions of the parents, ask yourself two people with no previous convictions or form who managed to kill/murder their child either intentionally or not and then dispose of their childs body without detection then go back out and hide the terrible thing they had done and have a good time with their friends then the mother goes off and returns howling in grief and for the next twelve years conjures a charade is in my opinion completely ****ing ludicrous to a rational mind.

The alternative scenario is the plausible one that they were two people who paid a massive price for a bad neglectful decision they made one that thousands upon thousands of parents have taken but who will never have to deal with what they have as they weren’t being watched by a predator who lifted the sleeping child out of her bed and walked away with her into the night, the sightings of a man walking away with a blonde child from the area around the same time cannot and should not be ignored but it’s now all too late.

I do hope she is somewhere being treated well and is completely unaware of all what happened to her, it’s unlikely but that’s the only solace one can take from a tragedy like this and hopefully time will shed a light on what happened to the poor kid.

limnam wrote: »
    But she also identified murat as the man carrying the child

No she didn't.

But they weren't driving were they? Whats your point?

They were doing something more important

parenting.

Or not as the case maybe.

No, you inferred that they made millions:

'Don't you mean have been paid millions of times over for their own 'neglect'?'

They paid a couple of mortgage payments as they were unable to go back to work. Hardly millions eh.

and squandred hundreds of thousands on con men and companies with no history of recovering missing kids.

Neglectful with their child, neglectful with the money raised to find her.

Phoebas wrote: »

no evidence of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Something Else
    Calltocall wrote: »
    This back and forth on the thread regarding the actions of the parents is a microcosm of what’s gone on for years now in the wider media, people have got stuck in the mud focusing on the morality of the parents rather than looking at the bigger picture and in my opinion it’s the real tragedy here as it takes the focus off the actual perpetrator or perpetrators who abducted the child.

If one thinks logically about it and removes any morality around the actions of the parents, ask yourself two people with no previous convictions or form who managed to kill/murder their child either intentionally or not and then dispose of their childs body without detection then go back out and hide the terrible thing they had done and have a good time with their friends then the mother goes off and returns howling in grief and for the next twelve years conjures a charade is in my opinion completely ****ing ludicrous to a rational mind.

The alternative scenario is the plausible one that they were two people who paid a massive price for a bad neglectful decision they made one that thousands upon thousands of parents have taken but who will never have to deal with what they have as they weren’t being watched by a predator who lifted the sleeping child out of her bed and walked away with her into the night, the sightings of a man walking away with a blonde child from the area around the same time cannot and should not be ignored but it’s now all too late.

I do hope she is somewhere being treated well and is completely unaware of all what happened to her, it’s unlikely but that’s the only solace one can take from a tragedy like this and hopefully time will shed a light on what happened to the poor kid.

look at that guy that killed his wife and went on the late late show
    or that guy that killed a child and then lead the search for him.

lots of killers can do it . i see no reason to rule the mc canns out because of that. they could have done it .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement