Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Trekker09 wrote: »
    Are you always this condescending?

Of course you are, I forgot, you never make a mistake do you?

It’s the only defense anyone has when they run out of argument. Try sneering and scoffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Something Else
    limnam wrote: »
    and squandred hundreds of thousands on con men and companies with no history of recovering missing kids.

Neglectful with their child, neglectful with the money raised to find her.

Careful, they are known to be fairly litigious. They’ve plenty of money for court cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Something Else
    Where your link to the half mile?

Nope didn't think so!!

I would like a link for the supporters of the parents

It’s 900 paces door to door as far as I’m concerned which is a walked half a mile
    Liklnk if you disbelieve

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

As you have been told numerous times.

I do. lots of them. Will make many more. It's what parents do.

Going out wining and dining while leaving your kids alone in an unsecured apartment in a foriegn country is not a mistake.

It's not what good parents do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The likely scenario for abduction is that someone had to be watching them, yeah? To know the kids were alone and the intervals the parents were checking.

So why climb in and out a window? If they were watching, surely they knew the door was open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Surely now is the time to ask the one and only 'Derek Acorah' what happened, although it won't stand in court, it may help de-mystery the mystery.

The likely scenario for abduction is that someone had to be watching them, yeah? To know the kids were alone and the intervals the parents were checking.

So why climb in and out a window? If they were watching, surely they knew the door was open?

As far as I know there was no evidence to suggest the window had been opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Trekker09 wrote:
    The plan was to eat there every night leaving the kids on the apartment and check on them on a regular basis, hence the block booking. It was one decision therefore one mistake.

Repeated over 4 nights , which is not one mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Something Else
    Yea it was a retaining wall.

Careless or blind to the dangers could apply to the McCanns too.

its not like maddie got tangled up in a blind cord or ecetricuted by shoving something in a socket(although cannot be rulled out) . something like that would eb a very small risk and easily not spotted by someone .

leaving 3 toddlers in a strange room where anything could happen, in a strange area with god knows who around, and with the doors unlocked while you were 100+meters aaway . thats not a minor oversight and failure to see a small issue . thats a huge and blatently obvious case of neglect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

No one checked on the kids they just said they did.

Aaah, you were there then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I would like a link for the supporters of the parents

It’s 900 paces door to door as far as I’m concerned which is a walked half a mile
    Liklnk if you disbelieve

Link to half a mile please.

Your making excuses now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Something Else
    The plan was to eat there every night leaving the kids on the apartment and check on them on a regular basis, hence the block booking. It was one decision therefore one mistake.

And yet the neighbour said that Maddie was bawling crying for over an hour one of the other nights, and no one came to check on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

limnam wrote: »
    As far as I know there was no evidence to suggest the window had been opened.

I havnt read anything about it for years so most info is sketchy. Just watching netflix at the min but in the first part do they not say the window was kept shut and the shutter down the whole time and when kate went in and noticed her gone the window was open. They say the door of the room blew shut on her.

Repeated over 4 nights , which is not one mistake.

This is gas.

Making a reservation at a restaurant is the mistake

Not the eating and drinking while your kids are left alone....

Something Else
    Aaah, you were there then?

What ? It’s clear that no one checked you need to prove things happened if you want them established as fact!!

And yet when their daughter told them that she woke up and was crying for them the previous night they didn't realise their "mistake" and did the exact same the the following night.. Unreal tbh.

Something Else
    Link to half a mile please.

Your making excuses now.

It’s 900 paces door to door I’ll link tomorrow but you are delusional and I’ll informed saying its not

its not like maddie got tangled up in a blind cord or ecetricuted by shoving something in a socket(although cannot be rulled out) . something like that would eb a very small risk and easily not spotted by someone .

leaving 3 toddlers in a strange room where anything could happen, in a strange area with god knows who around, and with the doors unlocked while you were 100+meters aaway . thats not a minor oversight and failure to see a small issue . thats a huge and blatently obvious case of neglect

I agree to a large degree. I wouldn't even dream of doing it myself but good people make crap decisions.

I havnt read anything about it for years so most info is sketchy. Just watching netflix at the min but in the first part do they not say the window was kept shut and the shutter down the whole time and when kate went in and noticed her gone the window was open. They say the door of the room blew shut on her.

Sure, It's what she said.

But in the picture the police took the curtain was pinned behind the bed, kate said the curtains were blowing. How did they blow pinned behind the bed....

But afaik there was no evidence the window had been opened.

limnam wrote:
    Are you having us on?

Yep.

• Advertisement

Also google maps please

Will this do?

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39077600/Rebuttal%20of%20%22Fact%22%209

Probably not.

What ? It’s clear that no one checked you need to prove things happened if you want them established as fact!!

But...you just stated as fact that they never checked. Prove that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Something Else
    splinter65 wrote: »
    What time were they given from the time the police arrived and the hotel staff followed soon after by the press?

Loads, in the days that followed they rented a car and went on journeys unexplained. As far as I remember

It’s 900 paces door to door I’ll link tomorrow but you are delusional and I’ll informed saying its not

Managed to get this:

'2. Walking Distance
    If they were walking the distance, they would probably stick to the proper paths which take a more roundabout route. Again, using Google Earth, the distance is calculated as 77.38 metres.'

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39077600/Rebuttal%20of%20%22Fact%22%209#2WalkingDistance

Half a mile?

And yet the neighbour said that Maddie was bawling crying for over an hour one of the other nights, and no one came to check on her.

But we have been told they weren't alone they were being checked every half hour. I believe Splinter 65 made this claim.

Regardless of how many bloody meteres away it is, when i look at this picture, my heart sinks for the poor girl.

They may as-well have been a hundred miles away

awful

path.jpg

But we have been told they weren't alone they were being checked every half hour. I believe Splinter 65 made this claim.

He's not counting the 29 minutes they're alone

He's counting the few seconds someone checked

So in theory. Or in _that_ world. They're not alone...:confused::confused::confused:

limnam wrote:
    This is gas.

Another McCann supporter claimed they weren't alone because they were been checked every half hour. I was going to say you couldn't make this nonsense up, but they have .

Something Else
    Managed to get this:

'2. Walking Distance
    If they were walking the distance, they would probably stick to the proper paths which take a more roundabout route. Again, using Google Earth, the distance is calculated as 77.38 metres.'

http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39077600/Rebuttal%20of%20%22Fact%22%209#2WalkingDistance

Half a mile?

Lol
    You think it’s ok to leave three kids that far away ? And go for drinks and snacks ?

• Advertisement

Something Else
    But...you just stated as fact that they never checked. Prove that.

Prove they did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement