Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Trekker09 wrote:
    Now before you get all pedantic on me on the definition of intoxicated, the inference so far is that the group went out primarily to drink and get drunk.

I didn't say they all went off and got drunk. I divided out the quantity of wine between the group. Average if you like, some could have drank more, some less or some not at all. Like me you have no idea who consumed what it how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Something Else
    splinter65 wrote: »
    So now the restaurant was 1/2 a mile away? If your making up a load of lies then you might as well make it whole mile. Why not 2?

Why are you so pro the parents? How many steps away do you think it was?
    I

Trekker09 wrote:
    Would you like to be judged on one act of stupidity?

One act of stupidity? How many times did they leave their children alone? It was more than once .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    and others, on the internet, with no knowledge other than whats in the public domain and who have never met the McCanns, have decided they did nothing wrong and are great parents. Go figure.....

The ones on the Internet weren’t taking the actual lead in the investigation into the disappeance of a 4 year old girl though.

Something Else
    No it doesn’t .

It does by law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

In steps not as the crow flies.
    Yes really

Link please.

By other accounts it was 120 meters and 1 minutes walk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I didn't say they all went off and got drunk. I divided out the quantity of wine between the group. Average if you like, some could have drank more, some less or some not at all. Like me you have no idea who consumed what it how much.

not to mention the bottle drank before they got there...

Something Else
    One act of stupidity? How many times did they leave their children alone? It was more than once .

At least three times I assume that it was much more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Something Else
    Trekker09 wrote: »
    But I was neglectful. I didn't consider the risks and my son could've been killed.

It was an act of bad parenting but it doesn't make me a bad parent and fortunately it doesn't define me as a parent.

Good people make bad decisions and mistakes (except you of course)

i wouldnt call your situation neglectfull/ more careless or blind to the dangers.

its not like there was an open well or big hole he fel into . i presume he ran off a retaining wall that was holding back the lawn

Something Else
    Link please.

By other accounts it was 120 meters and 1 minutes walk

Google maps please

• Advertisement

Why are you so pro the parents? How many steps away do you think it was?
    I

I don’t like vicious vindictive spiteful liars I suppose. I’m a bit odd like that.

Google maps please

So every 30 minutes someone in the party walked 1 mile round journey to check the kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Posted this elsewhere but will repost here. Watching Netflix here, when the cadaver dog finds the teddy in the villa they rented is starts barking. So Madeline's teddy was brought everywhere by Kate when cameras were around. On the balcony, to mass, giving a statement to the press, it even managed to meet the Pope! Yet when the cameras are away its fecked in the bottom of a dresser? Seemed strange to me.

The plan was to eat there every night leaving the kids on the apartment and check on them on a regular basis, hence the block booking. It was one decision therefore one mistake.

Trekker09 wrote:
    I knew the patio was there but it never entered my head that that might happen. Yes, it was my fault and luckily he made a full recovery.

You were there with your child, bit of a pointless analogy tbh.

Something Else
    So every 30 minutes someone in the party walked 1 mile round journey to check the kids?

No one checked on the kids they just said they did.
    Also google maps please

splinter65 wrote:
    Mr Amaral had already decided after another boozy lunch that it was the parents wot did it, and no other avenues would be explored.

Ah you subscribe to the daily mail I see.

Something Else
    I don’t like vicious vindictive spiteful liars I suppose. I’m a bit odd like that.

Your rhetoric is amazing !

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Something Else
    Was a shambles right from the start. Blood hounds to track her should have been there within hours. Parents should have been under surveillance from day one. They were given all the time in the world to move things if they wanted.

The plan was to eat there every night leaving the kids on the apartment and check on them on a regular basis, hence the block booking. It was one decision therefore one mistake.

HAHAHAHA

Are you having us on?

• Advertisement

In steps not as the crow flies.
    Yes really

If the children were a half mile away from the parents then how loud did Kate have to shout “they’ve taken her” in order for the party at the dining table to hear her?
    She’d have needed a megaphone, no?

Something Else
    Was a shambles right from the start. Blood hounds to track her should have been there within hours. Parents should have been under surveillance from day one. They were given all the time in the world to move things if they wanted.

It would have all happened the day before if the parents were covering up

i wouldnt call your situation neglectfull/ more careless or blind to the dangers.

its not like there was an open well or big hole he fel into . i presume he ran off a retaining wall that was holding back the lawn

Yea it was a retaining wall.

Careless or blind to the dangers could apply to the McCanns too.

Something Else
    If the children were a half mile away from the parents then how loud did Kate have to shout “they’ve taken her” in order for the party at the dining table to hear her?

The party at the table wouldn’t have herd at 120m

Something Else

Also google maps please

limnam wrote: »
      HAHAHAHA

Are you having us on?

Are you always this condescending?

Of course you are, I forgot, you never make a mistake do you?

What time were they given from the time the police arrived and the hotel staff followed soon after by the press?

The party at the table wouldn’t have herd at 120m

I thought it was one of the girls in the apartments that heard it and not those at the table

No one checked on the kids they just said they did.
      Also google maps please

Where your link to the half mile?

Nope didn't think so!!

• Advertisement

Something Else
      limnam wrote: »
      I thought it was one of the girls in the apartments that heard it and not those at the table

It’s all lies

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement