Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Trekker09 wrote: »
    You really don't see what you're doing do you? It's a Tapas restaurant, not a pub. Yes, they serve drink, but the group went primarily to eat, not go boozing.

They went there for food and a table quiz. They had a couple of glasses of wine over a 3 hour period. The language and words you use are deceptive and deceiving. DO you work for the Sun?

Food, alcohol, table quiz, that's my local pub

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Mike9832 wrote: »
    Argument about alcohol is silly too

We don't know who drank what

Gerry for we all know drank a full bottle himself and other couples drank very little, who knows

They should have been arrested for neglect that night and tested

For all that you know Gerry and Kate drank nothing. You’re just making it up as you're going along. It’s laughable.

splinter65 wrote: »
    What did they do?

I don't know

Left young kids alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country to go drinking wine at a restaurant

For all that you know Gerry and Kate drank nothing. You’re just making it up as you're going along. It’s laughable.

So are you

Food, alcohol, table quiz, that's my local pub

You can get tapas at 8 in your local pub and nip up a flight of stairs to check on your kids? Good for you! What’s your problem again?

• Advertisement

So are you

So you can make up rubbish and lies and expect to be taken seriously but I can’t ?

I don't know

Left young kids alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country to go drinking wine at a restaurant

A few posts ago you said they were getting pissed in the pub. You need to make up your mind which fanciful scenario your choosing and stick to it because it’s all gone a bit schizo.
    Pissed in the pub or drinking wine in a restaurant. One or the other .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Something Else
    Phoebas wrote: »
    Their 3 year old girl had just gone missing, possibly abducted. I think the Portuguese police had more pressing concerns that night.

The McCann's have paid a million times over for their own 'neglect'.

Don't you mean have been paid millions of times over for their own 'neglect'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

tuxy wrote: »

Thats pathetic. They really look like they're living the high life eh

Something Else
    Trekker09 wrote: »
    Thats pathetic. They really look like they're living the high life eh

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567856/McCanns-used-1m-fund-to-pay-mortgage.html

• Advertisement

Paid millions of what tuxy?

Something Else
    Paid millions of what tuxy?
    Pounds sterling to help pay their mortgage.

Yeah. They used £4000 to pay 2 months mortgage the July and August after Maddie was abducted. Your point is?

Pounds sterling to help pay their mortgage.

£4000. 2 months. Did you think they should go back to work in June?

Something Else
    £4000. 2 months. Did you think they should go back to work in June?

I'm just pointing out that they have gained financially from it which is unusual in missing person cases.

Did you even read the article? People like you make my blood boil. Spiteful vindiveness and yet not prepared to read behind the headlines. Sick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I'm just pointing out that they have gained financially from it which is unusual in missing person cases.

Bit harsh.
    Here we have a couple who's daughter is missing and the fund set up to help them agrees (according to a newspaper report) to pay a couple of months of their mortgagee repayment while they are in Portugal trying to find their missing child.

Its hardly what I'd categorise as a financial gain in the full circumstances.

No, you inferred that they made millions:

'Don't you mean have been paid millions of times over for their own 'neglect'?'

They paid a couple of mortgage payments as they were unable to go back to work. Hardly millions eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Phoebas wrote:
    I wonder is there a non teetotal parent in the country who hasn't had a 1/2 bottle of wine while in charge of their children.

They weren't in charge of their children at the time though. They were in the restaurant, the kids weren't.

splinter65 wrote:
    Cnocbui has helpfully pointed out that there were 9 adults. There’s no evidence that either Gerry or Kate drank any wine with dinner, so by your very own standards of proof plumbthedepths we may assume that the drank nothing. If you can shuffle the facts around to suit your narrative, then so can I. 5 bottles of wine between 9 and no evidence of Gerry and Kate drinking anything and the wine waiter saying he found them all very moderate. Not pissed Not langared Not even drunk.

You can assume nothing.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote:
    What did they do?

It's not what they did, it's what they didn't do.

You can assume nothing.

No, we'll leave the assumptions to you

How did they gain? £4000? Whoop de doo. To save them from tipping into arrears? It’s not really fur coats and foreign cruises.

It's not what they did, it's what they didn't do.

Well, what didn’t they do then?

splinter65 wrote:
    So you can make up rubbish and lies and expect to be taken seriously but I can’t ?

You're doing exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Was there forensics done in the apartment? Surely no matter how good the mccanns would be able to clean up, they would't be able to remove every single trace of blood or something. Plus where would they dispose of the body and would they be willing to dump her if she did die of an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sorry I did word my last post wrong. It was 5 bottles between the group of 7. Hardly anything to write home about and its not that relevant anyways.

Did anyone read the report about a strange man collecting for an orphanage and was fixated on the 3 year old kid whos mother he was cahtting to. Apparently he came back the next day and was standing over the 3 year old only for the mother to scare him off when she came down the stairs. That gave me chills. Think it was a few days before Madelaine went missing.

Trekker09 wrote:
    No, we'll leave the assumptions to you

I made none that's the thing.

You can assume nothing.

Your entire theory surrounding the disappeance is based on your own assumptions, which everybody else here is supposed to accept as fact.
    But we can assume nothing.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote:
    Well, what didn’t they do then?

Safeguard their children, that's why one is missing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement