Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My bf thinking he’s a gas bastard.
    Him: did ya ring the takeaway
    Me: yeah but it was engaged
    Him: at least someone’s engaged today hahahaaaa wha wha

Quite funny to be fair but I’d never let on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

RMAOK wrote: »
    It's amazing how many things we take for granted when the electricity is gone - even something like boiling a kettle or doing a load of washing.

The freezer! :eek: And the central heating!! :eek::eek: But at least if you left the immersion on it wouldn't matter. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My bf thinking he’s a gas bastard.
    Him: did ya ring the takeaway
    Me: yeah but it was engaged
    Him: at least someone’s engaged today hahahaaaa wha wha

Quite funny to be fair but I’d never let on.

He gets my seal of approval and blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Someone crunching an apple beside me when I am a mess of hormones. I had to leave the room before I cracked.
    When somebody fills the kettle for two cups of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Selfishness at work.

A colleague was printing a letter to post out.

No paper in printer but there's about a dozen packets of A4 paper beside it. Plus a stack of loose paper.

He takes one page from the loose pile and puts in the printer drawer. His letter prints out and he walks away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The stories in the news today about the Airbus A380, basically obituaries talking like it's heading for the scrapheap straight away. They're going to wind down production over the next two years, but even then there will still be over 300 made, and most of them will be in service for many years to come. There will be plenty of ways to fly on one if you want to. I did that last year, and it was ... OK. Very smooth and fairly quiet, but at the back of Cattle Class, I didn't get to enjoy any of the luxury facilities they always show in the glossy magazines. I'm off to the USA again in a couple of weeks, and it's A320s and A330s and in both directions.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Hitting myself in the eye putting on my pyjamas....ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I have become the Brexit expert for all my friends and family down South. Yes it is more important to NI than the rest of the UK but it is also vitally important to Ireland. So you people should really take the time to figure out what's happening and what it will potentially mean for everyone on the island.

More trivially, I dropped a glass jar on my phone last night and now I have a little patch of dead pixels in the middle of the screen. Absolutely raging with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

accident on the M1, Volvo swerved into the median, leading to a mile long of gawkers.

I swear I was about half a km away from the incident before the guy behind me started to accelerate away from the car that crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Alison ****ing Curtis.

Covering for Ian Dempsey on Today FM all week, and she must have beaten her own personal record for mentioning the fact she is a mom.

Even earlier, after playing a Taylor Swift song before the traffic updates, she somehow managed to ask the traffic reporter whether she liked Swift, and turned it into a story how it was her daughter's first concert.

NOBODY CARES ALISON!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

NOBODY CARES ALISON!

I do. I like Alison Curtis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A new loaf of bread/ box of cereal/carton of milk being opened before the old one is finished. It happens on a regular basis in this house :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ugh. Hungover. My reflux is being a bitch because I was drinking so it's been an acid puking kind of morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA that noone has a time machine that will zap me to the 23rd of march and 6th April, so much to do and yet time is dragging.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Bought car insurance, realised when I got the policy documents that I was a doofus and put my name where my husbands name needed to be. Rang to change but thats apparently not possible. Had to cancel the policy and will now have to redo everything, with the added indignation of a £20 non-refundable arrangement fee. Ugh.

Following up on this, no sign of the promised refund following cancellation. Spent 45 minutes on hold this morning to get told that the refund won't be processed till the 28th when the policy was due to start. Despite me being told when I cancelled that it'd be processed right away. So the ****ers now get to hang on to my money for 3 weeks and I can't organise a new policy cos they're holding the money I need to pay for it. :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    At the top of my road there's a HUGE sign with flashing lights and the rest that tells lorry drivers very clearly that they should NOT take this road. There's also a HUGE sign on the road before mine that says that it's compulsory for them to take it. Yet a huge amount of lorry drivers manage to overlook both signs and find themselves stuck before a bridge that's too low to accommodate them, or by a boreen that would get them stuck in a ditch if they attempted it. Last night an artic lorry tried to back up at the corner of my house to reverse, didn't look behind him and managed to get entangled with a low barrier which he proceeded to drag behind him. This morning another HGV, this time with a trailer, got stuck and couldn't reverse, blocking the traffic. He ended up driving down the boreen, whose surface is already in bits. I took the number plates and company names of both, I'm sick of it.

Guess what?! Another one this morning. "My sat nav made me do it!" isn't a valid excuse - are YOU driving, or is the sat nav? And if it IS you, can you read the road signs? Or are you too busy with your mobile and steering that beast of a vehicle with one hand without looking at where you're going? :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Seedless clementines that have more seeds in them than a feckin pumpkin :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Seedless clementines that have more seeds in them than a feckin pumpkin :mad:

I may have mentioned this one before, but "easy-peelers" that are harder to get into than Fort Knox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

storker wrote: »
    I may have mentioned this one before, but "easy-peelers" that are harder to get into than Fort Knox.

...and when the juice from the orange/peel goes up between your fingernail and stings the....out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Stuck in work on this lovely day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I bought ice cream last night and put it in the freezer. I didn't eat any and didn't hide it properly.
    I have a funny feeling that my housemates have found it and vultured it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

SUSI gave me €600 this month instead of the €200-ish I should get now that I’m back home. Don’t know if I should ring them and tell them to take it back, or keep it and say nothing. But if they catch on I’ll have to pay them back. But also....money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not even a TA, more a sigh, was told today that the new arrival was called Chlo(strange as the person telling me should have problems remembering it as its so outside his area of experience), off I go and get a card and monogrammed balloon to find the child's name is........(I kid you not) Edna- May(the type of name he has more experience with)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    SUSI gave me €600 this month instead of the €200-ish I should get now that I’m back home. Don’t know if I should ring them and tell them to take it back, or keep it and say nothing. But if they catch on I’ll have to pay them back. But also....money

Tell them. If they then tell you to keep it, it's yours, and if not you'll avoid fines, penalties, etc, and your conscience will be clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Any kind of a work do....but these retirement dos in work are particularly bad...not even a drop of drink to numb the pain..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Could you afford pay them back if you spent it now they came looking for it in a few weeks or months? If yes, say nothing and treat it as a loan, if no, let them know, and you never know, karma may reward you.
    When I was a poor graduate on the dole I got too much money one week and went back in to tell the woman behind the counter in the post office. She said that as I had been paid in cash there was no way to trace it so no one would have been able to trace it so she gave me 3 scratch cards to thank me for my honesty and I won 20 quid on one and 50 quid on the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People butting into conversations that are not involving them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks, but am expecting a particular medical appointment to be made at short notice. So I let the department in question know when I will be away, which they confirmed they received and added a note to my file about. So today I get a letter in the post - not email - for an appointment date, - and of course the date falls during the time when I will be away, the dates they acknowledged they knew about. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm really struggling to keep a nice, professional tone in my communications ...

giphy.gif

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Alison ****ing Curtis.

Covering for Ian Dempsey on Today FM all week, and she must have beaten her own personal record for mentioning the fact she is a mom.

Even earlier, after playing a Taylor Swift song before the traffic updates, she somehow managed to ask the traffic reporter whether she liked Swift, and turned it into a story how it was her daughter's first concert.

NOBODY CARES ALISON!

Oh God, she's soooooo much better than Dempsey. I stopped listening to him a few years back as he really annoys me in the morning. Not sure if it's his voice, his laugh, or his face, but he just gives me the creeps.

Left the radio tuned into Today FM (I always listen to Matt Cooper if I'm back home in time) so this morning had a nice surprise that it was Alison and not Dump-sey. She's so sweet and cheerful sounding that I couldn't care less if she talked about her kids for two hours solid.

Just googled her as I had no idea what she looked like and I must say she looks sweet and cheerful too :)

TA: Ian Dempsey ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Subscription services that don't let you cancel via the app

Especially when you can sign up via the app, at least with Spotify to sub or unsub has to be on desktop, but NOW TV and Netflix don't mind me subbing via the app but no option to unsub within the app

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement