Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

TA’d that the Smonday fear is gonna kick in any minute now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    I actually like Vogue Williams

I'm TA'd by this.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The washing line broke, my lovely sheets crumpled in a heap :(

That's grounds for throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming:( The same happened to me recently. I got this today in Aldi, hopefully it will be stronger than the usual washing lines I buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    This is a TA thread . We all have our own irritants

Yes, you explained yours, and I explained mine, that's how it works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes, you explained yours, and I explained mine, that's how it works :D

Yea but I wasn't TA at your opinion !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    That's grounds for throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming:( The same happened to me recently. I got this today in Aldi, hopefully it will be stronger than the usual washing lines I buy.

Mine actually broke where it was tied to the wall, so didn’t matter what strength the rope was. Thankfully the linen was almost dry so the dirt didn’t stick to them and I have salvaged them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yea but I wasn't TA at your opinion !!

I didn't reply directly to your post, it just triggered something....there are actual threads on here whining about Vogue Williams...it doesn't sit well with me is all I'm saying.
    Her life, husband, family etc don't impact on me in any way personally, so I'm just a little perplexed by the dislike of her ...and again...this isn't aimed at you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had a disgusting carvery dinner, never again. Came home and had a bowl of Supervalu tomato soup, like drinking warmed up Fanta. Not my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I went to Penney’s to buy some boxer shorts and the entire aisle was crowded with auld wans. What in the name of Jaysus were women doing in the men’s underwear section? In a million years you wouldn’t find me in the women’s knickers section of a shop. A lad should be allowed to shop in comfort without auld wans watching everything he’s doing and embarrassing him. I left without making a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA ed with myself today . People are annoying me ! I shouldn't let them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I went to Penney’s to buy some boxer shorts and the entire aisle was crowded with auld wans. What in the name of Jaysus were women doing in the men’s underwear section? In a million years you wouldn’t find me in the women’s knickers section of a shop. A lad should be allowed to shop in comfort without auld wans watching everything he’s doing and embarrassing him. I left without making a purchase.

Were they filming a Father Ted remake, à la Ghostbusters?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Buying underpants for their other half, I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Most trivial of trivial annoyances, I’m not on the same shift as my work husband next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The teenager keeps telling me she has middle child syndrome, it's wearing really thin at this stage :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tell her you're pregnant and watch her face fall. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Most trivial of trivial annoyances, I’m not on the same shift as my work husband next week

Will it be a work divorce? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Have started watching a BBC TV series called Broadchurch. Police procedural show like many others

My TA is I don’t know what they are saying. Non stop mumbling! I googled to see if I was alone and several newspapers had the same complaints

Mumble mumble mumble. I need subtitles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

People who are too unpredictable and irrational.
    A little is nice, but not too much.

Is this about females? ;)

My trivial annoyance is about the state of my chest. I've been wheezing for the past two weeks, and am on my second course of antibiotics. I was preparing something to eat earlier and thought I could hear somebody talking. The 'chatter' was coming from my chest, a bit like Rob Brydon's 'Small Man in a Box'.

RMAOK wrote: »
    Will it be a work divorce? :eek:

Ah no, I’ll see him for a few hours before he goes home so I’m sure we’ll be grand :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Whats a work husband :s?

• Advertisement

It's a platonic husband you have at work, a colleague you get along with very well, and with whom you spend so much time (because of work) you might as well be married to him. There's also a work wife version.

New Home wrote: »
    It's a platonic husband you have at work, a colleague you get along with very well, and with whom you spend so much time (because of work) you might as well be married to him. There's also a work wife version.

You answered the question for me, thank you :D

You were taking too long. :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Home wrote: »

Yea my work hubby bought me a valentines present :)

My TA is I bought diesel today and in another service station up the road it was 5c cheaper.

Autosport wrote: »
    Yea my work hubby bought me a valentines present :)

My TA is I bought diesel today and in another service station up the road it was 5c cheaper.

Im refusing to pay more than 1.30e what's it up your way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

1.28 but kinda like Auto was 1.25 in the next town

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Im refusing to pay more than 1.30e what's it up your way?

I bought it for 1:29 and up the road it was 1:24

Tayto Lover, I bring the elderly uncle clothes shopping, and get dragged to the men's underwear section in Dunnes. He has a loud voice, "are dem the ones I always wear", I'm there like a mortified teenager. TA he won't bring the reading glasses to check the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

madmaggie wrote:
    Tayto Lover, I bring the elderly uncle clothes shopping, and get dragged to the men's underwear section in Dunnes. He has a loud voice, "are dem the ones I always wear", I'm there like a mortified teenager. TA he won't bring the reading glasses to check the packaging.

Get him to open his belt & check.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ted, I'll have nightmares now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement