Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My phone has started restarting randomly when it is charging. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Wake up and first thing head to the bathroom to go for morning piddle. Realise my 4 year old got up early and accidentally p*ssed all over the floor and I've stepped right into it.

He also left a nice large turd in the toilet bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People whose job it is to communicate but could not string two sensible sentences together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ush1 wrote: »
    Wake up and first thing head to the bathroom to go for morning piddle. Realise my 4 year old got up early and accidentally p*ssed all over the floor and I've stepped right into it.

He also left a nice large turd in the toilet bowl.
    At least he got the poo into the toilet, could have been a much worse morning wee otherwise.

My TA, new wireless headphones keep cutting in and out, plus I'm not completely sure if I like them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ordered something off amazon last night and got this email this morning. Others may find it nice but it was a bit much for me

I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for choosing an *****. I realize that there are a lot of options out there, so thank you again for choosing ours. We’re a small family owned business and we love our business – it’s our livelihood. So we’ll always do our very best to satisfy you.
    You see... I have always been a bit of an idealist :) , and maybe a bit naive, but when I was young I had a pretty tough time in school. Still, I believed in the American dream of running my own business. I had a plan -- it was simple. I just wanted to do my best for people. I know that’s what business is about. We’re not a big business, we’re a caring business.
    So, now you’re a part of what makes this small business whole. You are our customer and your satisfaction is our number one priority. So, believe me when I say that your opinion is valued and taken very seriously. We’ll do all we can to satisfy you. That is our commitment.
    I love customer service, it’s my passion, and fortunately, *** really care about their customers too. So, they let me do my job properly, which means I can do just about anything to satisfy you!   
    THANK YOU for your order and let you know that I am *your* personal service representative

Anyways, now you're part of my plan -- YOU are our customer -- and I am here to help you. That's my job.

Like calm down love I bought a cheap shower filter that attaches on to the head of the shower. I didn’t nominate you for a Nobel prize.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a wallet recently and there was a card in it saying to take pictures, follow them on instagram, post to instagram, recommend the product, do a review.
    calm down pal, it's a wallet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And probably an automated email too.

My gf always gets a handwritten "thank you" card from some book publisher every time she orders there. Now that is nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ordered something off amazon last night and got this email this morning. Others may find it nice but it was a bit much for me

I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for choosing an *****. I realize that there are a lot of options out there, so thank you again for choosing ours. We’re a small family owned business and we love our business – it’s our livelihood. So we’ll always do our very best to satisfy you.
    You see... I have always been a bit of an idealist :) , and maybe a bit naive, but when I was young I had a pretty tough time in school. Still, I believed in the American dream of running my own business. I had a plan -- it was simple. I just wanted to do my best for people. I know that’s what business is about. We’re not a big business, we’re a caring business.
    So, now you’re a part of what makes this small business whole. You are our customer and your satisfaction is our number one priority. So, believe me when I say that your opinion is valued and taken very seriously. We’ll do all we can to satisfy you. That is our commitment.
    I love customer service, it’s my passion, and fortunately, *** really care about their customers too. So, they let me do my job properly, which means I can do just about anything to satisfy you!   
    THANK YOU for your order and let you know that I am *your* personal service representative

Anyways, now you're part of my plan -- YOU are our customer -- and I am here to help you. That's my job.

Like calm down love I bought a cheap shower filter that attaches on to the head of the shower. I didn’t nominate you for a Nobel prize.

What a load of Cringe!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for choosing an *****. I realize that there are a lot of options out there, so thank you again for choosing ours.

That would have been more than enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    That would have been more than enough.
    Thank you for that post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, THANK YOU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sometimes it’s so good to read this thread and get enraged about something.
    Getting a long winded message like that one retro:electro would probably push me over the edge.
    But I am nicely enraged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You were taking too long. :D :pac:

She was too busy with her work husband:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

When my kid's school send out a note about some upcoming school outing with this beauty:-

'A voluntary contribution of £3.00 is now required.'...WTF:confused:

After seeing this pretty much every week I took to emailing the principal and asking:- Is it mandatory or voluntary?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When my kid's school send out a note about some upcoming school outing with this beauty:-

'A voluntary contribution of £3.00 is now required.'...WTF:confused:

After seeing this pretty much every week I took to emailing the principal and asking:- Is it mandatory or voluntary?

I hope that note wasn't written by somebody that teaches english.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Whatever way I had the loaf of bread in the bag it looks completely squashed, probably by 2L of milk. It's only for toast but it looks cat.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When stuff gets entangles with the duvet in the drier.And its still damp.So the drier has to go on again.Agh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who refer to women as "females".

Learn the difference between a noun and an adjective, ffs.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who refer to women as "females".

Learn the difference between a noun and an adjective, ffs.

TBF, "female" is both a noun and an adjective, but I agree with you: as a noun its use should be limited to documentaries about animals, and most definitely not for referring to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

dubstarr wrote: »
    When stuff gets entangles with the duvet in the drier.And its still damp.So the drier has to go on again.Agh

Button up the duvet cover before putting it in the wash.
    Also stops the rest of the washing getting inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sometimes when I am watching something I swear there is an actor /actress in it that I have seen in something else. I consult IMDb and haven't watched anything else they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

#sake I was planning my day tomorrow around having no power here...but I looked again at the notice just now and discovered it's tomorrow WEEK

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People who shake hands :mad:

I don't know where your hand was before this :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People with a really weak watery handshake are a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

People with a really weak watery handshake are a TA.
    Like shaking hands with a piece of wet lettuce, it's horrible.

If you're going to shake someones hand, do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The 'sign of the peace' handshake that still exists in mass is a case in point ! As someone who only goes to church now for births deaths and marriages I always forget its still a thing despite how unhygienic it is ...then suddenly that fella ahead of you that's been snorting into a manky tissue for the last half hour is launching himself across the pews to shake the hand of everyone in sight . Eeeeugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

TBF, "female" is both a noun and an adjective, but I agree with you: as a noun its use should be limited to documentaries about animals, and most definitely not for referring to women.

Reminds me of my 4 year old who uses the term "human" when you would say person or boy, girl etc...

"So to play this game dad, one human stands over here." He sounds like a robot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Why do people bring screaming children into Libraries?

When people are paying their bus fare with copper why do they drop it on the floor rather than into the machine?

Do cyclists know when there have been buses in the bus lane practically parked between their arse cheeks for the previous five minutes? Or are they deaf blind and stupid?

Why do people not realize that pressing the silver button on the traffic lights doesn't change the light colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Very trivial

• Advertisement

That might belong in another thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement