Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Somehow I've managed to get lots of little cuts and cracks on my fingers despite not doing any manual work. And the cold and wind really makes them smart.

Don't squeeze any citrus fruit whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Somehow I've managed to get lots of little cuts and cracks on my fingers despite not doing any manual work. And the cold and wind really makes them smart.

I've just re-read this and realise how whiney I sound :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah, you aren't. They're like winter's papercuts, tiny and lethal. Don't take pinches of salt, or touch chillies, either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You could try some work gloves.....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Had a fantastic couple of nights away in Galway (despite Storm Erik!). Lovely hotel at a great deal, upgraded to a "superior" room for only an extra tenner, and in fairness it was very good. Everything about the place was brilliant. Had a good night out on the town on Thursday evening, and found some really great pubs. So no complaints or TAs so far.

Friday morning comes and we head down to the restaurant for breakfast. Really impressive spread with everything you could hope for. Then we started to eat. Fried and scrambled eggs, fried potatoes and mushrooms (we're both vegetarians so didn't have sausages, rashers, etc). The food was absolutely freezing. We assumed the hot plates or whatever they are called were broken, and didn't want to make a fuss so we ate our cold breakfast grimly.

Another great day and night on the town followed and we forgot our breakfast woes. Until Saturday morning, when the same thing happened again. It was even colder this time, so cold in fact, that we couldn't force the food down.

Again, we didn't complain, we just b!tched about it to ourselves.

So, despite all the great facilities the hotel had to offer, our memories of the place are tainted by the thought of our awful, cold breakfasts.

The breakfast itself was a TA, but our refusal to complain is my biggest TA now :o

Was it the Clayton? I stayed there for a wedding and the breakfast was depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Working outside today, the muscles are letting me know now. Time for the radox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Got rid of the old front door, wind used to blow the rain in over the door frame because it was so low, lovely new door, till some weeks later I notice the grout is wet on the tiles inside and the skirting board is wet too, seems the bloody rain is coming in UNDER the tiles and under the door frame now, guy been back now 3 times to try and seal it up, no joy, one corner of a wall is destroyed now, plasterboard is soggy as ....k, , guy says door may have to come back out now, Grrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've a friend who keeps saying app, but he's not referring to whats on your phone, but rather a job app

"The job app for XYZ was awful long"

Drives me insane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There is a person ahead of you in the queue for the ATM, fair ‘nuff

It becomes free, the person ahead walks up and then and only then searches their bottomless handbag for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages for their card

Good god, you have plently of time to be ready. Should have had the card in your hand good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mikemac2 wrote: »
    There is a person ahead of you in the queue for the ATM, fair ‘nuff

It becomes free, the person ahead walks up and then and only then searches their bottomless handbag for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages for their card

Good god, you have plently of time to be ready. Should have had the card in your hand good to go.

The same gobshoytes (usually women - sorry ladies) who spend 10-15minutes in the East Link queue at rush hour going at snail's pace, put the handbrake on everytime they stop, AND ONLY WHEN THEY GET TO THE CASHIER OR THE BARRIER do they even begin to look for coins. You couldn't have possibly done it over the last 10-15minutes could you? Thank fock I have an Eazy Pass but you still see them.

• Advertisement

Dunnes Stores today: 12 packs of Tayto = €3
    12 packs of Tayto + 6 Free = €4.55

Same with Pepsi Max and its advertised 50% extra free, at 50% extra price in every not-so-Super-Valu or Spar or Centra I've ever walked into. And so on with numerous other advertised "extra free" products. Repeat offenders, each and every one of these retailers.

It's an awful pity we don't have a thing called prosecutions against these companies under this state's existing false or misleading advertising legislation.

I knew the Lunar New Year Steam Sale was ending today on the 12th. Didn't realise it was at 1am.

Buying a Rift today and had a load of games lines up with 75%+ off, which are now back at full price. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Book being pronounced "buke". Where the **** this come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Single packs of Prawn cocktail Walkers are labelled 50% extra free. There is 25g normally in a packet of Walkers and 50g in the 50% extra bag. I'm no mathematician but that's 100% extra free. So annoying.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*ck my runny nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Ah jaysus. Jingle jangle Ronnie drew in the rare oul times

Was it the Clayton? I stayed there for a wedding and the breakfast was depressing

No, it wasn't but I don't want to say where it was.

You could try some work gloves.....

I was talking to a friend last night (a nurse) who said it was probably caused by the decorators gloves I've been wearing while painting the inside of the house. Apparently I should change them much more often than I do as the sweat inside the gloves builds up and causes this. Then when the cold and wind are added, it make things much worse.

So lesson learnt! I won't be such a cheapskate in future and will throw the gloves away after a much shorter time from now on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What the fuke?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I wouldn’t listen to Joe Duffy if that offends your ears. Joe has a very unique take on the English language, and it seems like he almost prides himself in butchering the pronunciation of as many words as possible in one show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The ridiculous name of this thread for a start

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm just back from the toilet. But I can't remember if I went for a wee or not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Stomach in bits - heading home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Oreos.

They seem to be doing a big push to expand into Europe these days, or at least Ireland and the UK, but they're ****e. Not total ****e - it's like I constantly have the feeling that it's almost a good biscuit, and with a little more effort could be nice, but I suspect it's just cheaply made.

I'll try and quote a comedian I heard years ago for an analogy :

'I was heading down to Kerry and the folks said I should call in to my granny on the way down... ....to sniff out if there might be a bit of an inheritance coming my way. She welcomed me in the door and offered me a cup of tea, and when she went for the cupboard, it occurred to me I could judge my place on the food chain by which biscuits she offers me; whether it's the chocolate ones or the Rich Tea. Now there's nothing wrong with a Rich Tea - a Rich Tea is a fine biscuit to dunk in your tea, but she reached in the cupboard and took down the Mariettas Oreos..... ....and I thought I'm flogging a dead horse here....'

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

People who not only play music/videos/whatever on their phone with the sound turned up, but who get extremely indignant when you ask them to use headphones or turn it down. I asked a man in a café today if he'd mind doing something about the (obnoxiously loud) music coming from his phone, and he told me I was ignorant for asking - that he was on a break and this was the only way to relax. When I told him I was also on a break and trying to relax, he responded that I was only a young one so I didn't need to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA my personal phone is dying and I just don't have time to have a look for a replacement, let alone the money.

Read a report of rents in current Irish city, my year's uni tuition is about the same cost as three months rent in a nothing special flat in the far out burbs!:eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    People who not only play music/videos/whatever on their phone with the sound turned up, but who get extremely indignant when you ask them to use headphones or turn it down.

And I don't care what sort of a fancy phone it is, on speaker they sound like one of those novelty radios from a poundshop - i.e. crap

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

People who not only play music/videos/whatever on their phone with the sound turned up, but who get extremely indignant when you ask them to use headphones or turn it down. I asked a man in a café today if he'd mind doing something about the (obnoxiously loud) music coming from his phone, and he told me I was ignorant for asking - that he was on a break and this was the only way to relax. When I told him I was also on a break and trying to relax, he responded that I was only a young one so I didn't need to relax.

tGmTKoC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bredabe wrote: »
    TA my personal phone is dying and I just don't have time to have a look for a replacement, let alone the money.

Read a report of rents in current Irish city, my year's uni tuition is about the same cost as three months rent in a nothing special flat in the far out burbs!:eek:

I've just told someone in the office the cost of my sister's place near Dublin and the list of stuff wrong with the apartment and it shocked them.
    Almost €1000 a month and this is wrong with it: The toilet is constantly blocked, there’s no insulation so they’re tearing through oil, their dishwasher doesn’t work, their oven takes ages to heat up and one of the light switches used to spark every now and then which is really dangerous

No wonder she's thinking of moving up here to Belfast! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ignorant ass clown ! 🤬🤬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement