Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Listening to Morse code - I'm gone very rusty and it's annoying, will have to practise.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thanks for the suggestions :). Never thought of taking pain relief. I have put some aloe gel on it as it was all that was here. It will teach me not to be so impatient in future if nothing else:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Well, drill-gate goes into the next round:
    After the neighbour drilled at 9.20pm last night and woke the child that couldn't fall back asleep until midnight, I met him on the way out this morning and just asked him, hey if you drill, would you mind finishing before 8pm because baby goes to sleep?
    Yeah no problem he said.

Then at 7.30 I sent himself over asking if they're done for the day since I wanna get the toddler bed ready.
    She opened the door, she's a bit of maniac and she gave nothing but abuse to my guy. We renovated a year ago and had tradesmen on from 9-5 during the week for a month. She said oh they didn't give out either (I don't think drilling walls at 9pm is reasonable) and whenever I cook they get smells in their kitchen (??? My vent is on an entirely different wall not facing their house).
    Also they don't know if they're going to do any work or not tonight and told him to f off.

.... Half an hour later I heard her screaming at her husband through the wall....

Whatever is going on over there, I don't wanna know, just be quiet when I wanna chill in the evening thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

LirW wrote: »

Whatever is going on over there, I don't wanna know, just be quiet when I wanna chill in the evening thanks

Crazy people and drills are not a good combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Crazy people and drills are not a good combination.

I'm not ruling out that this is a case of being just careless. He's generally a grand guy, he works long hours and could only do work at home after work which is perfectly fine.
    She's a really bored stay-at-home in her late 50s and apparently according to other neighbours the winter weather isn't doing her any favours, she turns into an absolute cnut every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Newest staff member is obnoxious. Sits on his ass most of the day (playing online games from what I gather), barely lending a hand to colleagues that may need help moving items, has skivved off work early claiming jet-lag the last two days he was in (went on a holiday to SE Asia during Christmas for a month and didn't inform us of when he was due back), takes umbrage at the most mundane stuff, and generally has the behaviour of either a spoilt child or someone with a pill problem. Seems more concerned about when he is entitled to holiday time again rather than fitting in.

We work in a small museum, and are probably overstaffed now during the quiet season (another one of his complaints), but it's a good work atmosphere without much pressure of goals/deadlines etc. In fact, he is so 100 mph when talking, and has a tendency to swear a lot mid-sentence, that I worry he doesn't leave a good lasting impression with visitors-our lifeblood.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Looking at my cosy bed before I head out the door and the human shaped dent left in the covers where I should still be

Got soap in my eye in the shower and now it's bloodshot - as if I'm not bad looking enough #sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions :). Never thought of taking pain relief. I have put some aloe gel on it as it was all that was here. It will teach me not to be so impatient in future if nothing else:)

It probably won't. I still burn the roof of my mouth every single time I make a pizza :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My nice 5 hour function shift for tomorrow just got changed to a 10 hour bar shift. But more money at least which is what I need, and I finish earlier in the evening. Looking for the positives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People who talk so loud you can't hear yourself think. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Whopper queue to get off the N7 outbound at Rathcoole this morning. I was nearly at the top when a dickhead in a van came zooming up the driving lane of the main road and then cut across the hatched markings at the very last minute and forced his way in. Prick. Also, he was in a company branded van, how stupid do you have to be? So needless to say, I sent a very stinky email off to the company in question and if I don't get a half-decent response from them, I am going to be *that* person on Twitter and Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Coming up the motor way to Dublin an hour ago. Fella passed me in a 182 D opel insignia. I glanced out the corner of my eye and here he was resting his iPad on the steering wheel using it away and driving at a minimum of 130kmh. Obviously he never heard anything about the 3 road accidents yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I puked this morning due to reflux and I weighed myself. I've gained 100g since last week. There is no justice in this world :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Whopper queue to get off the N7 outbound at Rathcoole this morning. I was nearly at the top when a dickhead in a van came zooming up the driving lane of the main road and then cut across the hatched markings at the very last minute and forced his way in. Prick. Also, he was in a company branded van, how stupid do you have to be? So needless to say, I sent a very stinky email off to the company in question and if I don't get a half-decent response from them, I am going to be *that* person on Twitter and Facebook.

At the top of my road there's a HUGE sign with flashing lights and the rest that tells lorry drivers very clearly that they should NOT take this road. There's also a HUGE sign on the road before mine that says that it's compulsory for them to take it. Yet a huge amount of lorry drivers manage to overlook both signs and find themselves stuck before a bridge that's too low to accommodate them, or by a boreen that would get them stuck in a ditch if they attempted it. Last night an artic lorry tried to back up at the corner of my house to reverse, didn't look behind him and managed to get entangled with a low barrier which he proceeded to drag behind him. This morning another HGV, this time with a trailer, got stuck and couldn't reverse, blocking the traffic. He ended up driving down the boreen, whose surface is already in bits. I took the number plates and company names of both, I'm sick of it.
    davidk1394 wrote: »
    Coming up the motor way to Dublin an hour ago. Fella passed me in a 182 D opel insignia. I glanced out the corner of my eye and here he was resting his iPad on the steering wheel using it away and driving at a minimum of 130kmh. Obviously he never heard anything about the 3 road accidents yesterday.

Yesterday I saw a guy in a big car getting out of a car park and picking up his phone to make a call as he was leaving. How stupid and irresponsible can you get?!? No wonder there's smoke coming out of my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Was walking home yesterday evening and the traffic was quite busy. It was moving at about walking pace. Anyway, there was a young woman in the car on the road just beside me spending the entire time texting on her phone. Basically, she'd stop the car completely, text, catch up to the car in front, stop, text, etc.

So for the cars in front of her, it was slow but continuously moving traffic, but for the cars behind her it was stop/start traffic.

The worst thing is that she would still be looking at her phone when catching up to the car in front. She'd be just two feet away from their bumper with her car still moving and she'd be still looking at her phone, only looking up and stopping at the last second. I'm amazed she didn't end up rear ending someone. It looked like an older lower end car too so I doubt it had auto emergency breaking.

Shouldn't be on the road. No doubt she'll eventually cause an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just saw a young woman manouvering her huge car into a car parking spot with one hand holding her phone to her ear .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Pop into thread looking for news. Don't see news, just two gobsh1tes gobsh1ting back and forth. Repeat ad nauseam.

Accidentally clicked on “responsive site” down below. What in the fresh holy mother of hell. I’m back guys. What a loooong twenty seconds that was. Won’t be doing that again

source.gif

Accidentally clicked on “responsive site” down below. What in the fresh holy mother of hell. I’m back guys. What a loooong twenty seconds that was. Won’t be doing that again

]

Happened me during CBB and it took me till the next day to get out of the twilight zone . I had to delete the site and start over .

• Advertisement

CBB :confused:

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Happened me during CBB and it took me till the next day to get out of the twilight zone . I had to delete the site and start over .

How can something called the responsive site be anything but??

CBB :confused:

Sorry , celebrity Big Brother ( the celebrity bit was questionable mind you )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

Sorry , celebrity Big Brother ( the celebrity bit was questionable mind you )

LESS CHAT AND MORE TRIVIAL ANNOYANCES PLEASE

LESS CHAT AND MORE TRIVIAL ANNOYANCES PLEASE

Who died and left you in charge is one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My car, seems like there’s something wrong with it. Stopped in traffic, when I went to move again, the car wouldn’t move, as if it was stuck on something (it wasn’t). Eventually put the handbrake on, put it in neutral and then back into first gear and it moved again. Scared the shít out of me.

Bossy posters is my TA today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭guineapigstar

Who died and left you in charge is one

No one. I'm just helping the mods.

tenor.gif?itemid=9285159

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bossy posters is my TA today

Shut up you!