Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was just looking at a website, the service promises guaranteed anonymity, a panic wipe feature and messages that self destruct. Definitely the kind of phone a drug dealer would need.
    https://encrophone.com/en/

When Fassih was lifted by the Gardai, it was only for the quick thinking of a young garda I believe. He copped the phone and took pictures of the screen with his own phone before it wiped itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

When Fassih was lifted by the Gardai, it was only for the quick thinking of a young garda I believe. He copped the phone and took pictures of the screen with his own phone before it wiped itself.

Wasn't that the butcher? Imre Arakas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

pablo128 wrote: »
    Wasn't that the butcher? Imre Arakas.

Actually you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah it was the Estonian hitman Imre Arakas who had one of these encrypted phones and whose text messages self destructed. But as said not before the Garda took pictures of them discussing details and logistics of the pending asassination. iirc one of the four numbers the hitman Arakas was communucating with was based in Dubai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Those encro phones are a swizz. The penguin set up a company making them and setting up servers and convinced all the lads that they were super secure and charged them 2k a pop and monthly fees. The reality is that they are no more secure than using something like telegram with self destruct. They are probably a lot less secure as their main servers have been compromised. Ratt's encro has been sent off to be decrypted. But, the encros have become something of a badge of honour. You have to have one. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Isn't there a thing with the "find my phone" app where you can wipe the phone with a text

There is on my phone anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Isn't there a thing with the "find my phone" app where you can wipe the phone with a text

There is on my phone anyway
    If you get arrested how are you going to wipe it?

The Garda getting the credit was quick thinking.... But........
    The timer only comes up once you have opened the message. So that same Garda may have opened all the messages.

Unless the sender decides to wipe for any reason. But the sender may not have suspected him of being arrested.
    If the timer appeared, then the Garda probably shouldn't have opened any more messages, but (understandably) may have panicked and opened them all to photograph.

Signal now offers the same security as those phones did then, but now the secure phones also offer options without timer showing or with 2 key alarm and even voice (sound) alarm.

So for example you could have a safe word.
    Garda - "What's your name?"
    You - "Not something I am willing to share with you, Officer"
    Phone - Wiped.

Easy if you're an American... "Yo two-piece out to the housseee Boiiii, YO!!"

Scream random nonsense expressions out to your phone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Who is baked beans?

A finglas chap called Willie. His surname is pronounced, but not spelt the same of a large company that uses the phrase '57 varieties' in many of its ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A finglas chap called Willie. His surname is pronounced, but not spelt the same of a large company that uses the phrase '57 varieties' in many of its ads...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/still-no-justice-for-innocent-plumber-20-shot-dead-ten-years-ago-today-35286696.html

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

There you have it. Two people were planned to be murdered in the house that day, the kid wasn't one of them. Two guys went in with one gun to kill marno(not 'marlo' as the media call him) and only one guy was meant to come out. The man keeping sketch behind the front door rightly suspected he was also to be murdered that day and secretly brought his own weapon. When gunman #1 ran down the stairs after dispatching Marno his accomplice had his own gun pointed at him. The kid was between the two of them, so gunman #1 shot the poor youngfella in an effort to make 'beans' drop his weapon. Both of them then panicked and ran to the car, gunman #1 knew he was a marked man from then on, and still is. This account was given to me by the man driving the car who I was friendly with. That man has since been shot dead himself. He claimed to me that he knew nothing of the double cross but other friends of mine said he was fully aware of the plot and it likely contributed to his own demise, which coincidentally was alledgedly set up by a taxi driver from town who has since been shot dead himself as part of the hutch/byrne fukkery that's been going on for the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There you have it. Two people were planned to be murdered in the house that day, the kid wasn't one of them. Two guys went in with one gun to kill marno(not 'marlo' as the media call him) and only one guy was meant to come out. The man keeping sketch behind the front door rightly suspected he was also to be murdered that day and secretly brought his own weapon. When gunman #1 ran down the stairs after dispatching Marno his accomplice had his own gun pointed at him. The kid was between the two of them, so gunman #1 shot the poor youngfella in an effort to make 'beans' drop his weapon. Both of them then panicked and ran to the car, gunman #1 knew he was a marked man from then on, and still is. This account was given to me by the man driving the car who I was friendly with. That man has since been shot dead himself. He claimed to me that he knew nothing of the double cross but other friends of mine said he was fully aware of the plot and it likely contributed to his own demise, which coincidentally was alledgedly set up by a taxi driver from town who has since been shot dead himself as part of the hutch/byrne fukkery that's been going on for the past few years.

Your friendly with some cretins. That shooting was absolutely ****ing appalling. An apprentice plumber just getting a start in life.

No excuse for it. Hope all the scumbags involved died roaring including your mate driving the car which seemingly he has.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Your friendly with some cretins. That shooting was absolutely ****ing appalling. An apprentice plumber just getting a start in life.

No excuse for it. Hope all the scumbags involved died roaring including your mate driving the car which seemingly he has.

Even though you are taking a dig at me I can't disagree with your post, and yes I grew up with some unsavoury characters and obviously geography dictates in a large way who your childhood friends are. Marno wasn't a friend of mine however, and the two fellas who entered the house that morning wouldn't have been friends of mine either, big age difference. The driver that morning I'd have known since my early teens, and the taxi driver involved in his murder I knew all my life. If you are trying to imply that I condone the atrocity that happened that morning you are very, very wrong. And yes, the driver did die roaring, in front of his daughter if that gives you some gratification, and the taxi driver I mentioned was also dispatched in a fairly brutal manner. The guy who killed the kid though is still very much alive. He's locked up, and will be for the foreseeable future, on protection unfortunately. Otherwise he'd have died roaring years ago. He'll be lucky to last a month when he gets out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Even though you are taking a dig at me I can't disagree with your post, and yes I grew up with some unsavoury characters and obviously geography dictates in a large way who your childhood friends are. Marno wasn't a friend of mine however, and the two fellas who entered the house that morning wouldn't have been friends of mine either, big age difference. The driver that morning I'd have known since my early teens, and the taxi driver involved in his murder I knew all my life. If you are trying to imply that I condone the atrocity that happened that morning you are very, very wrong. And yes, the driver did die roaring, in front of his daughter if that gives you some gratification, and the taxi driver I mentioned was also dispatched in a fairly brutal manner. The guy who killed the kid though is still very much alive. He's locked up, and will be for the foreseeable future, on protection unfortunately. Otherwise he'd have died roaring years ago. He'll be lucky to last a month when he gets out.

At the heart of that **** show is Anthony Campbell's Family who never got justice. Their son went to work that morning and never came home. Do the Gardai know this tale of the events i wonder? anyway, hope those lads who were there that day never had a decent nights sleep since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

The suspects were named in media already
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/anthony-campbells-killer-mangan-beaten-up-in-savage-jail-attack-30351932.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Have you gone to the guards with this info?
    Not that it makes much difference as I'm sure they are capable of getting your real identity and you can probably expect to have your collar felt fairly soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Have you gone to the guards with this info?
    Not that it makes much difference as I'm sure they are capable of getting your real identity and you can probably expect to have your collar felt fairly soon.

Why it’s oublic knowledge who he is talking about. The 3 men have been named in court the guy is more then likely spinning one.

Why it’s oublic knowledge who he is talking about. The 3 men have been named in court the guy is more then likely spinning one.

The precise details as outlined by Harry were never public knowledge.
    So either way whether he's spinning one or not he can expect an 'Ello ello ello' fairly soon.

So either way whether he's spinning one or not he can expect an 'Ello ello ello' fairly soon.

Every single detail he said was listed by Paul Williams in the circuit court. FACT.

Ello ello ello- your using a republican name on here and using London police officer slang. Very intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Do you actually think that the guards don't know those details already?

The naivety on here is sometimes astonishing

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Cringeworthy to be honest.

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Sheltered lives on the farm.

Sheltered lives on the farm.

Still way better than your neck of the woods where strung out clowns are going around killing one another plus the odd innocent misfortune now and then. And gobshytes come on here eulogising them!

Still way better than your neck of the woods where strung out clowns are going around killing one another plus the odd innocent misfortune now and then. And gobshytes come on here eulogising them!

Go on ya oul mucksavage

Every single detail he said was listed by Paul Williams in the circuit court. FACT.

Unless Paul Williams was present when the murder was carried out then there is no way the courts -or anyone else for that matter -would have any interest in what he had to say.

Unless Paul Williams was present when the murder was carried out then there is no way the courts -or anyone else for that matter -would have any interest in what he had to say.

But sure with that logic why would courts or anyone else have any interest in what Harry on boards says. Harry said exactly what Paul Williams said no more no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Who is baked beans?

Ah here, his first name is Willie and his gangster nickname isn't a pun involving dicks? I'm hugely disappointed I must admit.

Ah here, his first name is Willie and his gangster nickname isn't a pun involving dicks? I'm hugely disappointed I must admit.

Why can't they have more exotic nicknames like the Italian Mafia have like Joey cupcakes or Joe Bananas instead of Anto & Marlo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Why can't they have more exotic nicknames like the Italian Mafia have like Joey cupcakes or Joe Bananas instead of Anto & Marlo ?

It's Marno (not 'Marlo') :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I know some of the Campbell family and one of them gives an account similar to yours.

• Advertisement

Go on ya oul mucksavage

Such eloquence! Bet you're related to that other Dublin intellectual Brendan Behan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement