Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Muckka wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a clue really excuse my ignorance.

I remember myself and my son a few years ago went into a place to eat off O'Connell Street.

One mother was saying to her boy, he was around 8 comere ya little bollix ya
    FFS come on ya little shoite ya...

My son didn't know what to think, I was laughing to myself...
    Two muckers in the big smoke, then we seen two car chase's, people scraping..

People falling around like Zombies it's worth going up there to see the other side.

Although Shannon and Ennis has its fair share of junkie's and there's always someone getting arrested outside supermacs on a Saturday night...

It's happening in every crossroads, village, town and city in Ireland...

I’d rather be sleeping in a tent in a lane in Dublin then living in Ennis. Hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Muckka wrote: »
    Thanks for the English for dummies lesson.

My very own magicmarker, but all jokes aside.
    I didn't mean to derail the thread.

It's serious and sad to hear about killings, I'll not interrupt the flow of the thread.
    Sorry.

You've nothing to be sorry about and you didn't derail the thread. Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across like that, just having a laugh.

I absolutely get your point on the pleasant names for Darndale and Cherry Orchard etc. I've always found the names of places within Darndale to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

I’d rather be sleeping in a tent in a lane in Dublin then living in Ennis. Hahahah

Is that you Anto ?

Or is it Decko ?

Still trading places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Slightly off topic, but Darndale was reconfigured a number of years ago to make criminal activity more difficult and improve the safety of residents, but does anyone know what was changed and what it was like before? I've heard some bizarre stories about it involving flipping houses back to front (as in, the back door becomes the front door and so on) so that the fronts of houses face the main road now as opposed to the lanes and cul de sacs, but I honestly don't see how that's supposed to make a huge difference in terms of safety...?

Yes, they flipped them around as you say. It was a case of your front door in an alley.
    I'm not sure if they blocked the alleys or put gates on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The little courtyards were havens for drug dealing and anti-social behaviour and were impossible to police.

I'd expect a huge effort from the Gardai to prosecute those responsible for this latest murder. It's one thing to have gangsters wiping each other out, bit this was a working man with no convictions or involvement in crime who was murdered on his way to work over an apparent personal dispute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Yes, they flipped them around as you say. It was a case of your front door in an alley.
    I'm not sure if they blocked the alleys or put gates on them.

Alleys blocked up, doors flipped

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is it just me or has the actual Hutch Kinahan fued been quieter since the Garda crackdown but what we are seeing now instead is a series of killings linked to more local drug disputes?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Still hard to sleep at night if your in a certain part of darndake. Joyriding all night with not much gardai presence. I know Garda can't be everywhere. But if you call them several times because of the activities they still don't come. Most likely it's more hassle than it's worth, bricks, stones the lot. You need a bigger group to counter them most of the time. One time my friend told me that all night kids where out flying around in a micra. They burnt it out, the fire brigade put it out, the kids come back and somehow the car still starts, they fly around in it again wrecking the place, then burn it fully out. Video of it was quite funny though. Everyone I used to drop him home, I'd say your getting my tire fixed if there's a punchure. The road outside his is just made of bits of car plastic, glass and metal.

But it's not all like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Dante7 wrote: »
    The little courtyards were havens for drug dealing and anti-social behaviour and were impossible to police.

I'd expect a huge effort from the Gardai to prosecute those responsible for this latest murder. It's one thing to have gangsters wiping each other out, bit this was a working man with no convictions or involvement in crime who was murdered on his way to work over an apparent personal dispute.

it's very worrying that a working man gets shot over a row.
    I hope the garda come down very hard on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

paw patrol wrote: »
    it's very worrying that a working man gets shot over a row.
    I hope the garda come down very hard on this.

But sure how many innocent people have been killed and not much of a clampdown?

Or the little boy who was shot a few years ago?

It’s the norm now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I've deleted a load of posts that were off topic. I nearly closed the thread too as the subject had nothing to do with the topic being discusses. Take it to PM or start a new thread, folks.

Buford T. Justice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

What? A guy gets shot in Darndale and apparently it's the pits.. looks like an ok area to me,. anyone can get shot anywhere.

I can assure you Darndale is a complete sh1thole

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Turner wrote: »
    I can assure you Darndale is a complete sh1thole

Jaysus, that's a tad harsh.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

We had a thread about Darndale a few months ago. The whole place should be boarded up and declared a health and safety hazard.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057920433/1/#post108364182

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

It's really not, I lived there for a few years and still live local enough and grew up with plenty of lads from there. The place is an absolute dive, there is some fantastic people living there but unfortunately they are massively outnumbered by scum. It is by far the worst part of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Can it be any worse than parts of Tallaght, Finglas or Ballyfermot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Dad John Lawless described as 'quiet family man' with no known links to criminal activity.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dad-john-lawless-described-quiet-15804146

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The design in Darndale is based of the English designs for social housing, as in lots of greens. However this soon became problematic in England and also here.

Anyone I know from the area have been the nicest people I have met and would have plenty of time for them. The furthest people from scumbags, I know they'll make tracks out of the area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ush1 wrote: »

No, certain parts of all the above are absolute sh1tholes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Turner wrote: »
    No, certain parts of all the above are absolute sh1tholes too.

Delicately put.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I mean, give that guy the benefit of the doubt sure, but so many of these guys are eulogized as "family men" etc. I mean look at that Zach Parker guy, quiet young man, had his whole life ahead, mixed up in the wrong crowd, good guy at heart all that stuff, then some of the northside's most dangerous violent criminals roll up to his funeral?

El_Bee wrote: »
    I mean, give that guy the benefit of the doubt sure, but so many of these guys are eulogized as "family men" etc. I mean look at that Zach Parker guy, quiet young man, had his whole life ahead, mixed up in the wrong crowd, good guy at heart all that stuff, then some of the northside's most dangerous violent criminals roll up to his funeral?

Assuming the victim was the target. Someone goes to the bother of getting a gun, stealing a car in Jan for use in Feb, stalks the individual, approaches and shoots dead the individual in front of many others, leaves the scene and burns out the car, accepts that the consequences are severe if caught, people don't do that over nothing.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its the absolute truth though.

Darndale is a complete and utter sh*thole.

I used to do take away deliveries from Thang Congs in Priorswood. We had to use a runner/helper because a driver couldn't leave his car without it getting robbed.

You had to wait for the young lad to come running safely back to the car like a bat out of hell. I lost count of the times they were robbed and beat up.

They were desparate times and I needed the money, I wouldn't go near the place now unless it was to straff it from a helicopter gunship (and napalm bombs too, and maybe white phospherous too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Assuming the victim was the target. Someone goes to the bother of getting a gun, stealing a car in Jan for use in Feb, stalks the individual, approaches and shoots dead the individual in front of many others, leaves the scene and burns out the car, accepts that the consequences are severe if caught, people don't do that over nothing.

Well that's how you and I and other decent people think.

These hitmen just see it as an easy few k's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Its the absolute truth though.

Darndale is a complete and utter sh*thole.

I used to do take away deliveries from Thang Congs in Priorswood. We had to use a runner/helper because a driver couldn't leave his car without it getting robbed.

You had to wait for the young lad to come running safely back to the car like a bat out of hell. I lost count of the times they were robbed and beat up.

They were desparate times and I needed the money, I wouldn't go near the place now unless it was to straff it from a helicopter gunship (and napalm bombs too, and maybe white phospherous too).

Would you give a 10 min warning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dad John Lawless described as 'quiet family man' with no known links to criminal activity.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057832446&page=182

Am I missing something with the link?

Collie D wrote: »
    Am I missing something with the link?

Oops! Fixed it ;)

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dad-john-lawless-described-quiet-15804146

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/dublin-killing-father-of-three-gunned-down-outside-house-on-way-to-work-1.3786649
    Sounds like he got on the wrong side of the scum by not tiptoe-ing around them.

They should bring back hanging or introduce death by other means. He was probably one of the last people in that area not terrified of those scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

not yet wrote: »
    Would you give a 10 min warning:D

Yes, they can't tell the time unless its scratching down the days on a prison cell wall so no one would escape my crusade :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Ush1 wrote: »

The thing about those places is that they have some decent enough parts in them. Darndale is just one estate, though Belcamp and Moatview are often lumped in with it. It has nothing redeeming about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement