Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Could be personal dispute, 3 way, Many reasons.

Well if it is that it should be a very easy case to solve.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

His name was john lawless he's not involved in crime has no criminal record knew him myself quiet chap ,

Had the perfect name for a criminal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Was he singled out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I meant he had the same name as an a team tv show member. Seems it wasn’t him though

Black BA I thought it was him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

So why was he whacked?

He had a row with a guy the other week that's the only thing people can think of why he was shot. Crazy altogether. Poor chap was just going to work at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

He had a row with a guy the other week that's the only thing people can think of why he was shot. Crazy altogether. Poor chap was just going to work at the time.

Reports say that that there a number of people there when he was shot at 6:30 am. Something isn't right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Reports say that that there a number of people there when he was shot at 6:30 am. Something isn't right.

And he was shot before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Could be personal dispute, 3 way, Many reasons.

That's something like the Indians would say when they were reading smoke signals!

That's something like the Indians would say when they were reading smoke signals!

Was she worth it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Were they at a bus stop?

• Advertisement

Where your from your still using smoke signals

Were they at a bus stop?

Brave busman driving in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Brave busman driving in there.

The bus only goes through the Darndale Rd. No real issues with it.

And he was shot before

Link?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

Wonder what this chaps ties here are, maybe its just family judging by the name. Must have friends in high places to escape on a private jet and stay hidden. On interpols most wanted list and NCA's number 1 target.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/suspected-killer-shane-obrien-placed-on-worlds-most-wanted-list-36944996.html
    https://evoke.ie/2016/01/17/news/irish-news/suspected-killer-shane-o-brien-hiding-in-ireland

The bus only goes through the Darndale Rd. No real issues with it.

Ah I’m just joking. It used to stop going up that road every few weeks when I was a kid because the hassle it got.

Link?

Said in the paper this morning he was shot ten years ago. That’s why everyone thought it was the other fella.
    Ive no interest in being your personal link finder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Slightly off topic, but Darndale was reconfigured a number of years ago to make criminal activity more difficult and improve the safety of residents, but does anyone know what was changed and what it was like before? I've heard some bizarre stories about it involving flipping houses back to front (as in, the back door becomes the front door and so on) so that the fronts of houses face the main road now as opposed to the lanes and cul de sacs, but I honestly don't see how that's supposed to make a huge difference in terms of safety...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

What? A guy gets shot in Darndale and apparently it's the pits.. looks like an ok area to me,. anyone can get shot anywhere.

Slightly off topic, but Darndale was reconfigured a number of years ago to make criminal activity more difficult and improve the safety of residents, but does anyone know what was changed and what it was like before? I've heard some bizarre stories about it involving flipping houses back to front (as in, the back door becomes the front door and so on) so that the fronts of houses face the main road now as opposed to the lanes and cul de sacs, but I honestly don't see how that's supposed to make a huge difference in terms of safety...?

It used to have squares and laneways now it doesn’t. Back when we were pups our parents were given an option to buy up the social house and feck off by selling it back to the council.A lot of people who wanted to raise their children in an area that respected society did just that. Those that didn’t stayed and they added more like them to the newly sold houses.
    Lots of parents there now that think raising a child means making sure he has a scrambler because all the other kids have scramblers.

I know some lovely people there who would walk across Dublin to get their kids to football or whatever sports or activities to keep them away from other kids there but at the end of the day like a lot of forgotten areas of Dublin there is a percentage of animals raising animals. Multiplying like gremlins in the Northside swimming pool.

• Advertisement

What? A guy gets shot in Darndale and apparently it's the pits.. looks like an ok area to me,. anyone can get shot anywhere.

When it was first built, the layout of the place apparently made it a very easy target for burglaries and so on, I believe because a lot of it was pedestrianised and not accessible by car. It was subsequently redesigned in some way to mitigate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

In fairness , darndale never had a great reputation in relation to crime.

It used to have squares and laneways now it doesn’t.

And is my memory correct in that some of its streets swapped the front and back of houses as well? This is the main thing I remember hearing about the redesign, but on its own it doesn't make much sense in terms of improving security. Looking old satellite photos of it on Google Earth compared with today, it looks as if back gardens were also extended so that houses were only publicly accessible from one side rather than both?

And is my memory correct in that some of its streets swapped the front and back of houses as well? This is the main thing I remember hearing about the redesign, but on its own it doesn't make much sense in terms of improving security. Looking old satellite photos of it on Google Earth compared with today, it looks as if back gardens were also extended so that houses were only publicly accessible from one side rather than both?

I’ve no idea. I stay to the outside roads of it now when I’ve to go in. I just thought it got more built up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I remember fancying a girl I met in butlins long time ago, asked her where was she from and the reply was edenmore, thought to myself “we have a posh one here”

How times have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

hawkelady wrote: »
    In fairness , darndale never had a great reputation in relation to crime.

Darndale, it sounds like a sleepy subburb.
    Lovely house's tree's lined along the road, people out washing their car's etc
    Is it the opposite ?

I used to think Cherry Orchard was like a place with draping flowering cherries, all nice detached houses and condos...

Almost like a country estate kind of setup...

They've all really nice name's

Muckka wrote: »
    Is it the opposite ?

I used to think Cherry Orchard was like a place with draping flowering cherries, all nice detached houses and condos...

Sodom and Gommorah sounds nice compared to its neighbors in zoar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Muckka wrote: »
    Is it the opposite ?

For the love of God this thread is literally about murder but the biggest crime here is all those apostrophes just getting sprayed around! A plural doesn't require an apostrophe just because it's a plural. Stop it!

On your point, the street names in Darndale are even funnier with their loveliness. Names like Snowdrop, Buttercup, Primrose and Marigold. Brilliant.

Sodom and Gommorah sounds nice compared to its neighbors in zoar.

I wouldn't have a clue really excuse my ignorance.

I remember myself and my son a few years ago went into a place to eat off O'Connell Street.

One mother was saying to her boy, he was around 8 comere ya little bollix ya
    FFS come on ya little shoite ya...

My son didn't know what to think, I was laughing to myself...
    Two muckers in the big smoke, then we seen two car chase's, people scraping..

People falling around like Zombies it's worth going up there to see the other side.

Although Shannon and Ennis has its fair share of junkie's and there's always someone getting arrested outside supermacs on a Saturday night...

It's happening in every crossroads, village, town and city in Ireland...

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    For the love of God this thread is literally about murder but the biggest crime here is all those apostrophes just getting sprayed around! A plural doesn't require an apostrophe just because it's a plural. Stop it!

On your point, the street names in Darndale are even funnier with their loveliness. Names like Snowdrop, Buttercup, Primrose and Marigold. Brilliant.

Thanks for the English for dummies lesson.

My very own magicmarker, but all jokes aside.
    I didn't mean to derail the thread.

It's serious and sad to hear about killings, I'll not interrupt the flow of the thread.
    Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement