Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The thing about those places is that they have some decent enough parts in them. Darndale is just one estate, though Belcamp and Moatview are often lumped in with it. It has nothing redeeming about it.

The shame of it all is that the good people, which are are many, are lumped in with the bad.

I've a friend and neighbor from Darndale who's a Garda and I've known two Darndale residents who've gone on to get law degree's and passed the New York bar exam. Both a solicitors here now.

But the odd's are really stacked against you growing up in Darndale.

Now I hardly grew up in luxurious surrounds myself, I lived in the flats in Ballymun for most of my childhood and teen years before the family moved to a house in Poppintree. As bad a reputation those places have I'd rather risk raring a family there than Darndale.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

The shame of it all is that the good people, which are are many, are lumped in with the bad.

I've a friend and neighbor from Darndale who's a Garda and I've known two Darndale residents who've gone on to get law degree's and passed the New York bar exam. Both a solicitors here now.

But the odd's are really stacked against you growing up in Darndale.

Now I hardly grew up in luxurious surrounds myself, I lived in the flats in Ballymun for most of my childhood and teen years before the family moved to a house in Poppintree. As bad a reputation those places have I'd rather risk raring a family there than Darndale.
    Darndale isnt that bad mate I'd probably know you if you worked in the than kong 😂 its sad ya have a row and people bring guns into it scumbags.

Darndale isnt that bad mate I'd probably know you if you worked in the than kong �� its sad ya have a row and people bring guns into it scumbags.

It actually is.

And yes its sad and scary that you can't have a row without the risk of being shot.

A lot of this comes down to lazy policing in the area too.

My son was mugged outside Campions a long time ago, he was able to name the guys responsible and we left it in the hands of Coolock Garda station ~ mistake number one.

We couldn't get the investigating guard to follow up on anything, we were promised all sorts of meetings. Told a JLO would be appointed etc etc, a complete waste of time.

Less than a year later two of the little bastards murdered a man in Newtown Ind. Est.

Another time I chased three guys who were breaking into my sons car. I chased them to a house, they wouldn't come outside while I was there. I called the guards, then the three lads walked out and past the guards and no action was taken.

One of them then done time for manslaughter after kicking a tourist to death in the city centre.

I could go on and on. But when you fail to take action against these people, when their communities shelter them and when people make excuses for their bad behavior they feel empowered and untouchable.

Thankfully I never have to go next to or near the kip anymore. Darndale is a sh*thole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Certain families are allowed fester in there and as makikomi says the gaurds just leave them to it until they do a murder. Some of these families seem to have murders like other families have confirmations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It actually is.

And yes its sad and scary that you can't have a row without the risk of being shot.

A lot of this comes down to lazy policing in the area too.

My son was mugged outside Campions a long time ago, he was able to name the guys responsible and we left it in the hands of Coolock Garda station ~ mistake number one.

We couldn't get the investigating guard to follow up on anything, we were promised all sorts of meetings. Told a JLO would be appointed etc etc, a complete waste of time.

Less than a year later two of the little bastards murdered a man in Newtown Ind. Est.

Another time I chased three guys who were breaking into my sons car. I chased them to a house, they wouldn't come outside while I was there. I called the guards, then the three lads walked out and past the guards and no action was taken.

One of them then done time for manslaughter after kicking a tourist to death in the city centre.

I could go on and on. But when you fail to take action against these people, when their communities shelter them and when people make excuses for their bad behavior they feel empowered and untouchable.

Thankfully I never have to go next to or near the kip anymore. Darndale is a sh*thole.

The Gardai have an awful lot to answer for and should be made answer for the way your complaints were dealt with.

Law abiding citizens should not put up with this treatment from Gardai, you should follow up your experiences with a formal written complaint.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Actual killings are rare there, it's the low-level crime (horrible phrase) that has the place destroyed. Joyriding, rubbish, vandalism... general anti-social stuff destroy any sort of quality of life. Your man who was shot probably had enough and gave someone a few slaps, ends up shot dead on the way to work.

Parts of Finglas, Blanchardstown, Tallaght etc were equally bad years ago, but they've improved over the years/decades. I have family in Blanchardstown near where the shopping centre is now, it was a ****hole 25 odd years back, most of the troublemakers are dead, locked up or moved on. Even the centre itself has given some kind of employment opportunity to locals where there was nothing.

Darndale just seems to have been left behind and still grim.

Law abiding citizens should not put up with this treatment from Gardai, you should follow up your experiences with a formal written complaint.

I have done, and got no where.

I have zero faith in AGS following some (a lot) of negative experiences.

Another one more recent.

My daughter rang me to say that someone had crashed into her in Blanchardstown SC and was trying to leave the scene.

I told her to take photos and that I was getting on my bike to meet her at the scene, luckily my son was also working in the area at the time.

We got there and prevented the guy leaving the scene. Waited over two hours for AGS to arrive, they never showed up. When I rang [again] to ask when someone was going to come (things were getting heated) I was advised on the phone to take the drivers details [duh] and since there was no personal injury I couldn't detain the person any longer and my daughter was to call into Blanchardstown Garda station to make a complaint.

We did this, and again [not surprising at this stage] got no further than to be informed that all the insurance details provided (including photos of the insurance disk) were fake.

My son found the car for sale on Donedeal a few days later, we brought this to the attention of the investigating garda and again sweet fvck all was done.

I'm a member of the defence forces, I've brought my family up to do the right thing in these situations and that its not up to us to take the law into our own hands. I've lost faith in members of AGS to do their jobs unless its to go after the low hanging fruit.

As a soldier if I was to neglect my work like this I'd be torn a new ass hole. My life would be made hell and likely I'd be out of a job.

Now its not only me who's lost faith in AGS, I've two children (well grown adults now) who also have zero faith & confidence in AGS. And this is just through own family experiences with the organisation, I've tried my best to rear my kids having confidence in our AGS.

If I'm feeling this, and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood now I can't imagine how good, decent families in the likes of Darndale, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Ballymun etc etc must be feeling.. They're in dire straits I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I have done, and got no where.

I have zero faith in AGS following some (a lot) of negative experiences.

Another one more recent.

My daughter rang me to say that someone had crashed into her in Blanchardstown SC and was trying to leave the scene.

I told her to take photos and that I was getting on my bike to meet her at the scene, luckily my son was also working in the area at the time.

We got there and prevented the guy leaving the scene. Waited over two hours for AGS to arrive, they never showed up. When I rang [again] to ask when someone was going to come (things were getting heated) I was advised on the phone to take the drivers details [duh] and since there was no personal injury I couldn't detain the person any longer and my daughter was to call into Blanchardstown Garda station to make a complaint.

We did this, and again [not surprising at this stage] got no further than to be informed that all the insurance details provided (including photos of the insurance disk) were fake.

My son found the car for sale on Donedeal a few days later, we brought this to the attention of the investigating garda and again sweet fvck all was done.

I'm a member of the defence forces, I've brought my family up to do the right thing in these situations and that its not up to us to take the law into our own hands. I've lost faith in members of AGS to do their jobs unless its to go after the low hanging fruit.

As a soldier if I was to neglect my work like this I'd be torn a new ass hole. My life would be made hell and likely I'd be out of a job.

Now its not only me who's lost faith in AGS, I've two children (well grown adults now) who also have zero faith & confidence in AGS. And this is just through own family experiences with the organisation, I've tried my best to rear my kids having confidence in our AGS.

If I'm feeling this, and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood now I can't imagine how good, decent families in the likes of Darndale, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Ballymun etc etc must be feeling.. They're in dire straits I'm sure.

That's incredible stuff to read altogether, I know you have no reason to make it up.

To me that reads like there is no law or order in force at all in parts of Dublin and that doesn't bode well for the next generations.

It's actually scary to think some senior Garda thinks it's okay to treat the public like this. I would not let this rest if it was my experience and would go to the next level with my complaint, but maybe I'm just sheltered from the harsh realities of life in the capital.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That's incredible stuff to read altogether, I know you have no reason to make it up.

To me that reads like there is no law or order in force at all in parts of Dublin and that doesn't bode well for the next generations.

It's actually scary to think some senior Garda thinks it's okay to treat the public like this. I would not let this rest if it was my experience and would go to the next level with my complaint, but maybe I'm just sheltered from the harsh realities of life in the capital.

Not worth it if these people find out.

Best just to move you and your family away and get on with life.

I know many who have had to do this.

You realise quickly no one will look after you only yourself in this life.

Absolute pond scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

We are, trust me, crime and criminal behavior is accepted and celebrated, getting one over on the Gardai is a good thing, young kids cheer the lads on the bikes flying around almost 24/7 now. drug dealing is endemic with lads getting into it in their mid teens (a good few guys I know across several trades have all told me they can't get youngfellas to stay in the jobs because they make more money dealing, some have dropped everything in the middle of work and gone to meet customers then come back as if it's ok).

Gardai have lost the will to do their basic duties because they can get the into court then the judge just lets them walk, I mean can you imagine putting days, weeks even into something and have it undone completely in a matter of hours? A lot of them have given up and now they just man their checkpoints for tax and insurance, they get their numbers for the month and that's that. We're losing a larger portion of each generation now because they go out as young kids, see the anti social behavior, the crime, and the increasing acceptance of it, and the lack of any consequences, things are only going to get worse :(

• Advertisement

Not worth it if these people find out.

Best just to move you and your family away and get on with life.

I know many who have had to do this.

You realise quickly no one will look after you only yourself in this life.

Absolute pond scum.

^^.

I'm aware that there's all sorts of pricks reading this thread so I'm pretty guarded in what I'd post.

I'm not a fantasist like some, gloating over gangland crap and following all the characters involved. I couldn't give a sh*t about them mostly, we don't cross paths and hopefully never will.

I'd rather keep the head down, get on with making a better life for me and my family. But I'd love to think our communities have the backing of AGS, but more and more I lose confidence in the organisation as do my family, friends and community.

Right I'm kinda done with this for now. I drop in an out of here out of curiosity and never really intended to get dragged into any discussion here but it sickens me to see how easily an innocent man could lose his life, and a family lose their father & partner.

And it sickens me to see communities besieged by criminals & no political will to tackle the issue, and in the middle is a police force without the confidence of the people. And tbh, its mostly their own fault ~ how difficult is it to do your job, a job they're very well paid to do too?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

After an intelligence led operation they decided to search his cell?

His mattress should be flipped every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People can get shot anywhere these days especially in dublin . Clontarf Swords Killester Blanchardstown etc the list is endless

Regardless of someone getting shot Darndale is just an awful place to try live . I know a lot of nice people and families from there though

Unlike other estates in the Northside like Kilmore Kilbarrack Edenmore and other parts of Coolock nobody bought their houses and it never went private

It was just waves upon waves of scum moving in with no chance of ever improving

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I’d have more faith in the uvf policing the streets of Dublin than ags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

It's not the fault of AGS, blame the judges and our weak and often corrupt "justice system".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

What kind of phone cost 2000??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What kind of phone cost 2000??

An encro phone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Just to say I didn't mean to start a wholescale Darndale bashing tangent so apologies :D I was honestly just curious about the layout changes specifically because I'd heard that attacks such as these used to be a lot easier to get away with and the layout had to be changed as a result. Thanks for explaining what was done to achieve this!

The Whistleblower has set his Twitter to private, wonder what that's about?

https://twitter.com/johnsmi84534254

I wasn't following him before this which is a pain - to be honest, I'm sure others might agree, I find that his actually interesting information is nestled in between too many repetitive rants about MTK. Didn't think it was worth having my Twitter feed bombarded with ten "@MattMacklin why are you friends with a gangster", "@DubaiPolice why don't you deport this guy" tweets an hour just to see the occasional one with new information - was easier to just check the feed by URL once a week or so to see if any new info was posted. Anyone know why he set it to private? Is this related to the supposed doxxing of one of his sources last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I was following him but still can't see his tweets now. I had been reading them only this morning so it's a very recent change. He's recently been calling out someone I know personally which was interesting and he's bang on the money there anyway so that's a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sanbo! wrote: »
    Can someone please give a list of all the feuds ongoing in Dublin apart from the Hutch-Kinahan feud? What are the most active ones? Also what is going on in Bray with the recent shootings?

No problem. Which paper do you work for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Sanbo! wrote: »
    Can someone please give a list of all the feuds ongoing in Dublin apart from the Hutch-Kinahan feud? What are the most active ones? Also what is going on in Bray with the recent shootings?

Anto is having murder with franner
    Nidge fighting with John connors.
    Everyone hates Elmo he’s a rat.
    Cabinteely mafia are fighting a turf war with Druids glen B team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

The Whistleblower has set his Twitter to private, wonder what that's about?

https://twitter.com/johnsmi84534254

I wasn't following him before this which is a pain - to be honest, I'm sure others might agree, I find that his actually interesting information is nestled in between too many repetitive rants about MTK. Didn't think it was worth having my Twitter feed bombarded with ten "@MattMacklin why are you friends with a gangster", "@DubaiPolice why don't you deport this guy" tweets an hour just to see the occasional one with new information - was easier to just check the feed by URL once a week or so to see if any new info was posted. Anyone know why he set it to private? Is this related to the supposed doxxing of one of his sources last week?

Didn't this twitter keep complaining about the passport photo

https://twitter.com/Kinahanpassport

The image now says update on your report that Johnsmith violated twitter rules - i could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

abarkie wrote: »
    Didn't this twitter keep complaining about the passport photo

https://twitter.com/Kinahanpassport

The image now says update on your report that Johnsmith violated twitter rules - i could be wrong though

She needs locking up in a mental hospital.

Telly wrote: »
    She needs locking up in a mental hospital.

Did you see she can speak to ghosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Did you see she can speak to ghosts?

I had to stop reading after about 5 tweets. She’s nuts!

Telly wrote: »
    I had to stop reading after about 5 tweets. She’s nuts!

Go to media and look at recordings I’ve literally just listened. Holy moly that persons bat **** crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's not the fault of AGS, blame the judges and our weak and often corrupt "justice system".

AGS do have blame here
    The debacle centres on the fact that 7,894 youth crimes were never prosecuted or progressed in any way.

Through Garda inaction, the cases simply stopped once the children involved were deemed unsuitable for the Garda’s youth diversion programme. Once rejected by the diversion programme, they should have been progressed through the criminal justice system proper. But they weren’t. Nothing happened.

However, despite falling between the cracks, all of the cases were counted as “detected”, or solved, by the Garda. That means the force must now amend the official crime data again.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/drew-harris-honeymoon-abruptly-ended-by-humiliating-youth-crime-debacle-1.3761981

Almost 8,000 crimes by teenagers never prosecuted. Its no wonder places like Darndale are rampant with car theft and joyriding when the little scotes know they'll get away with it even if caught. And these 8,000 odd crimes were only the actual crimes they were caught for, the real figure would be multiples of that number. Whats worse is that early indications are that the next scandal of AGS not prosecuting crimes is soon to hit the adult justice system and the numbers there will be even bigger.

Agree the justice system needs to shape up to. But the way I see it is the prisons are already over capacity and that isn't going to change anytime soon. Thornton Hall was supposed to be built as a 4,000 capacity super prison and now the govt. has just announced that they are going to let private developers to use the land instead. We have one of the lowest prison populations per capita anywhere in the EU- 78 prisoners per 100,000 population. The UK lock up double those numbers at 149 prisoners per 100,000 population. Our prisons simply dont have the capacity to lock any more criminals up, all the while crime gets worse and worse. If there isn't the space to lock them up then what is the point of the justice system to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

An encro phone

Was just looking at a website, the service promises guaranteed anonymity, a panic wipe feature and messages that self destruct. Definitely the kind of phone a drug dealer would need.
    https://encrophone.com/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Odelay

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was just looking at a website, the service promises guaranteed anonymity, a panic wipe feature and messages that self destruct. Definitely the kind of phone a drug dealer would need.
    https://encrophone.com/en/

I heard he had clients details on it and is getting done for GDPR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement