Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Now thinking of the below for -4

Son/Vardy/Balbuena to Salah/Kamara/Cedric

Will have Salah, Kane and Auba then bit no City attackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,782 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Now thinking of the below for -4

Son/Vardy/Balbuena to Salah/Kamara/Cedric

Will have Salah, Kane and Auba then bit no City attackers

Son still has the united game - be madness to get rid of him before then giving his form.

Vardy scored at the weekend, so I wouldn't be sure on getting rid of him be the right move. Kamara is a bench fodder and should never start, whereas Vardy be starting every game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fabianski and Lingard to Lloris and Fraser done.

Ace2007 wrote:
    Son still has the united game - be madness to get rid of him before then giving his form.

Ace2007 wrote:
    Vardy scored at the weekend, so I wouldn't be sure on getting rid of him be the right move. Kamara is a bench fodder and should never start, whereas Vardy be starting every game for you.

Only way to get Salah in while keeping Kane and Auba really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    I went Richarlison out for Martial as I already have Anderson and rate him higher than Richarlison. Very unsure who is better between Martial and Richarlison but I think Manchester United have a chance to become much better performers than Everton for the rest of the season and so think I need to have someone from them in my team to keep pace with the other teams that have brought Man. Utd. players in.

Wildcard activated: Rashford and Arnautovic in for Ings and Rondon and all the others to consider over the next ten days. Martial and Anderson most likely to make way for extra funds to upgrade up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Time to shake things up a bit. Rocking with a -8.

Rage selling Hazard was tempting but....

Kane, Shaw, Kenedy and Martial
    To
    Salah, TAA, Kamara and D Silva.

Mini wildcard to try and push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Anybody know why Schindler hasn’t been flagged as suspended yet?. Thinking of changing him out for digne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,167 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

weekaizer wrote: »
    Anybody know why Schindler hasn’t been flagged as suspended yet?. Thinking of changing him out for digne

He's not suspended as their next game is in the FA Cup so he'll serve his ban in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It’ll be a wait and see for me on Nasri

He’s 31 and has barely played since 2017

Wouldn’t go rushing to get him

I'm picturing him and Arnie having an on-field bust up a-la Grobellar/McManaman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Not going to touch Son until he is off, more than capable of hauling versus United. 77 points in 7 gwks for me since my gw15 WC, no captaincy points in that either. Legend.

Looking very likely I roll a transfer and make 3 or 4 changes in gw 23 for the next block of games. Decent lead in my mini league and I'll be more certain of where I want to go after that round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone looking at McNeil from Burnley??

Thinking of getting him in for the non-entity that is Snodgrass and then maybe shipping Mitrovic for Arnie, or Balbuena for AWB

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

People talking about swapping out Kane for Aguero.

Fixtures don't look markedly different for them.

Is it just because you think Kane is going to dip after the Christmas run or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

BackforFPL wrote:
    People talking about swapping out Kane for Aguero.
    BackforFPL wrote:
    Fixtures don't look markedly different for them.
    BackforFPL wrote:
    Is it just because you think Kane is going to dip after the Christmas run or what?

Just the small matter of 1.3m that could be used elsewhere.

I'm expecting City to go on a bit of a charge now to put pressure on Liverpool and Agueros goals will be to the fore of that hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

After a few comIngs and goIngs so far this season, it looks like Ings could be going for the last time.

Not wildcarding for the first January since the wildcarding was introduced. I've 2 FTs and 3.3m in the bank so looking at possibly -

Ings -> Rashers
    Hart -> Lloris/Allison

I've currently no Liverpool defence since I sold Robertson a few weeks back. Begovic is now my only playing goalkeeper, conceding 5,4 and 3 goals in his last 3 games) At least the trend is heading the right direction :pac:

Defenders are currently One Biscuit, Alonso, Kolasinac, Bennett, Ricey. I hope to get TAA in maybe if I decide on holding Ings for one more week.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone looking at McNeil from Burnley??

Thinking of getting him in for the non-entity that is Snodgrass and then maybe shipping Mitrovic for Arnie, or Balbuena for AWB

He is in my current wild card selection. Has looked good in highlights I've seen and great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Just the small matter of 1.3m that could be used elsewhere.

I'm expecting City to go on a bit of a charge now to put pressure on Liverpool and Agueros goals will be to the fore of that hopefully.

Money's important. But where's the love, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Anyone looking at McNeil from Burnley?

He is in my current wild card selection. Has looked good in highlights I've seen and great price.
    I haven't seen anything from last night but I was half considering Westwood as playing bench fodder, do you think McNeil is likely to get attacking returns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

looking forward to 10 days off.

2 FTs too, so lots to mull over.

Jimenez (as collateral damage to potentially going 3-5-2), Sane, Yedlin and Laporte are on the chopping block. going to keep faith with Wilson for now.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything from last night but I was half considering Westwood as playing bench fodder, do you think McNeil is likely to get attacking returns?

He got a goal and an assist in his last 2 games and Match of the day showed a few clips of him playing well going forward so it looks to me like he should get attacking returns if he can hold down his place. Him being started has coincided with some good results for Burnley so I'd be hopeful. To be honest though the reason he is in my wildcard selection is that I want to use the funds elsewhere so he is likely to be rotated with the other low price enablers: Cedric, Wan-Bissaka and Dale Stephens.

He got a goal and an assist in his last 2 games and Match of the day showed a few clips of him playing well going forward so it looks to me like he should get attacking returns if he can hold down his place. Him being started has coincided with some good results for Burnley so I'd be hopeful. To be honest though the reason he is in my wildcard selection is that I want to use the funds elsewhere so he is likely to be rotated with the other low price enablers: Cedric, Wan-Bissaka and Dale Stephens.
    I missed that he got an assist last night. Certainly looks a good option at that price and Bradys suspension should mean he continues to get plenty of game time for the foreseeable. I too would be rotating him as fixtures present, already have Wan B and will probably downgrade Bennett to Bednarek to free up cash if I WC.

• Advertisement

Anybody any idea what's going on with Joe Hart? Is he done now for the season?

Edit: Hart and Son to Ricky and Lloris for -4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

think Harts gone. I think hes getting the blame for Burnleys bad defence (last year it was rock solid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone looking at McNeil from Burnley?

He looked very attacking from what I saw on MOTD anyway over the last few days. Looks capable of beating him man and had a few chances/shots as well.

Could be a total flash in the pan of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Waiting until after tonight's game to do anything, but Alonso/Alli to Bednarek/Salah makes sense, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Joe Hart is an awful keeper, it was only a matter of time before Burnley saw through it. Pope and Heaton now both back in action so can't see him getting back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thinking of Fabianski to Guaita in a pretty boring transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Need City cover, as it's Wolves at home on a Monday night. Would need a hit to bring in Sterling so might just bring in Aguero for Auba and captain him. Might also WC but seems crazy as I'm on a rare good run. Will assess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Deli Ali and Rashford to Firmino and bilva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pissartist wrote: »
    Deli Ali and Rashford to Firmino and bilva
    Why shipping out Radford?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

naughtb4 wrote: »

Man u away to spurs next week and liverpool play brighton,
    so i'll get him back after that

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »

Good chance Rashford matches or betters Firmino I'd say. Cant see Brighton getting hammered tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,782 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So fixtures over form?

Like if your getting Firmino it's cause you think he'll score against Brighton.
    Do you not think he'll score against Palace or Leicester at home in the 2 games after that? He's more likely to score in those 2 home games than Brighton away.

In addition united are very attack minded and Rashford has been heavily involved over the last few games, Spurs are also prone to leaking goals. If United were to win, they would be closing the gap on spurs to 7 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is going to take so many moves to get the team I want that I am fairly sure I am going to use my 2 FT on players with good fixtures next week and then WC the week after ............I held it past January last year for the first time ever and it was a DISASTER
    A number of teams have a great run of fixtures coming up but have poor Games next week
    I sense a drunken plan taken shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

PEA to Kun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PEA to Kun?

May well do this soon. But not this week I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    It is going to take so many moves to get the team I want that I am fairly sure I am going to use my 2 FT on players with good fixtures next week and then WC the week after ............I held it past January last year for the first time ever and it was a DISASTER
    A number of teams have a great run of fixtures coming up but have poor Games next week
    I sense a drunken plan taken shape

Oh I see Everton are playing Bournemouth
    I am selling Martial
    I have Ricky
    Is there another Everton midfielder around that price I wonder ........moohaahaa
    In you come my friend
    GettinSiggyWithIt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Pereira in for Zanka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Holding till after all the cup games at a minimum. The likes of city Spurs and Chelsea have two games to play before next GW

KevIRL wrote: »
    Holding till after all the cup games at a minimum. The likes of city Spurs and Chelsea have two games to play before next GW

The clincher to why I’m selling Alonso, Hazard and Kane.

A busy December AND January.

No thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is it time to give in to a premium striker?
    I'm sitting on

Fab hamer

Lovren digne holebas awb Monreal

Sane salah pogba Ricky hazard

Arnie Jimenez zaha

1.5itb 1ft

Considering sane and zaha out for aguero and a 6.4 mid Pereyra maybe. Or kane and camarasa in for the same 2. Or should I just leave it as is and move monreal on? At least I have a week because atm I've lots of questions with very little answers

Defo get rid of Monreal although he won't free up much funds, Kola is a good option. I'd ditch Hazard before Sane, Chelsea seem to be in a bit of a rut atm and City will be boosted by last nights win and have good fixtures. It also gives you a lot more options in terms of allocating funds.

Defo get rid of Monreal although he won't free up much funds, Kola is a good option. I'd ditch Hazard before Sane, Chelsea seem to be in a bit of a rut atm and City will be boosted by last nights win and have good fixtures. It also gives you a lot more options in terms of allocating funds.

Could do haz to sterling and Monreal to robbo? I'm not pushed on kola as I've learnt my lesson with arsenal defenders

Could do haz to sterling and Monreal to robbo? I'm not pushed on kola as I've learnt my lesson with arsenal defenders
    That would certainly leave you with a very strong midfield but doesn't address the lack of a premium striker which was your initial concern. You could keep Monreal for another GW or two (you have other defenders to use) and get the balance you want in midfield and up top first, be it 5 strong mids or having a bench fodder mid with a premium striker.

I personally don't like doubling up on any teams defense, even Liverpools, but maybe it's something you are comfortable with. I wouldn't dismiss Kola that quickly, he is a serious assist threat and attracts plenty of bonus points and is cheap enough to justify leaving on the bench when they play the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Clyne going to Bournemouth could be a decent asset for the next few months

That would certainly leave you with a very strong midfield but doesn't address the lack of a premium striker which was your initial concern. You could keep Monreal for another GW or two (you have other defenders to use) and get the balance you want in midfield and up top first, be it 5 strong mids or having a bench fodder mid with a premium striker.

I personally don't like doubling up on any teams defense, even Liverpools, but maybe it's something you are comfortable with. I wouldn't dismiss Kola that quickly, he is a serious assist threat and attracts plenty of bonus points and is cheap enough to justify leaving on the bench when they play the top teams.

I like the idea of a beefy midfield tho. Moreso than a premium striker. With the Liverpool double up would only last for a few weeks till Gomez is back then lovren could become kola and holebas and zaha would be the 2 id be looking to phase out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was McCarthy injured for Southampton's last game or does the new manager see something in Gunn?

Would be handy to bank the Fabianski cash and bench option to cover my Allison and Robertson defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm open to thoughts on this.

2 FTs.

I've been a keen proponent of having Pogba, but is he worth sacrificing in order to get Sterling in?

Pogba ----> Sterling
    Kane ----> Rashford

it would leave me with:

Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Yedlin AWB Bennett
    Salah Sterling Sane Ricky Deulofeu
    Rashford Jimenez Wilson

my other option is to get rid of Kane for Aguero for a week, roll the transfer, reassess, and leave Sterling for another week.

obviously i won't do anything before the cup games are done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Clyne going to Bournemouth could be a decent asset for the next few months

4.4 too, expected him to be more

Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm open to thoughts on this.

2 FTs.

I've been a keen proponent of having Pogba, but is he worth sacrificing in order to get Sterling in?

Pogba ----> Sterling
    Kane ----> Rashford

it would leave me with:

Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Yedlin AWB Bennett
    Salah Sterling Sane Ricky Deulofeu
    Rashford Jimenez Wilson

my other option is to get rid of Kane for Aguero for a week, roll the transfer, reassess, and leave Sterling for another week.

obviously i won't do anything before the cup games are done.

Personally would be doing Kane to Aguero and re-assess.

Think Aguero this week hits a nice score.

I am not convinced by Rashford, I feel anyone who doesn't have him (myself included) has missed the boat. His game time will almost certainly be reduced now and could lose his place entirely quite easily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement