Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

GW22 transfers

1246789

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭ Pete_Cavan


    Defo get rid of Monreal although he won't free up much funds, Kola is a good option. I'd ditch Hazard before Sane, Chelsea seem to be in a bit of a rut atm and City will be boosted by last nights win and have good fixtures. It also gives you a lot more options in terms of allocating funds.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭ The real mccoy 91


    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Defo get rid of Monreal although he won't free up much funds, Kola is a good option. I'd ditch Hazard before Sane, Chelsea seem to be in a bit of a rut atm and City will be boosted by last nights win and have good fixtures. It also gives you a lot more options in terms of allocating funds.

    Could do haz to sterling and Monreal to robbo? I'm not pushed on kola as I've learnt my lesson with arsenal defenders


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭ Pete_Cavan


    Could do haz to sterling and Monreal to robbo? I'm not pushed on kola as I've learnt my lesson with arsenal defenders
    That would certainly leave you with a very strong midfield but doesn't address the lack of a premium striker which was your initial concern. You could keep Monreal for another GW or two (you have other defenders to use) and get the balance you want in midfield and up top first, be it 5 strong mids or having a bench fodder mid with a premium striker.

    I personally don't like doubling up on any teams defense, even Liverpools, but maybe it's something you are comfortable with. I wouldn't dismiss Kola that quickly, he is a serious assist threat and attracts plenty of bonus points and is cheap enough to justify leaving on the bench when they play the top teams.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭ eh i dunno


    Clyne going to Bournemouth could be a decent asset for the next few months


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭ The real mccoy 91


    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    That would certainly leave you with a very strong midfield but doesn't address the lack of a premium striker which was your initial concern. You could keep Monreal for another GW or two (you have other defenders to use) and get the balance you want in midfield and up top first, be it 5 strong mids or having a bench fodder mid with a premium striker.

    I personally don't like doubling up on any teams defense, even Liverpools, but maybe it's something you are comfortable with. I wouldn't dismiss Kola that quickly, he is a serious assist threat and attracts plenty of bonus points and is cheap enough to justify leaving on the bench when they play the top teams.

    I like the idea of a beefy midfield tho. Moreso than a premium striker. With the Liverpool double up would only last for a few weeks till Gomez is back then lovren could become kola and holebas and zaha would be the 2 id be looking to phase out


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭ razorblunt


    Was McCarthy injured for Southampton's last game or does the new manager see something in Gunn?

    Would be handy to bank the Fabianski cash and bench option to cover my Allison and Robertson defence.


  • Registered Users Posts: 34,647 ✭✭✭✭ SlickRic


    I'm open to thoughts on this.

    2 FTs.

    I've been a keen proponent of having Pogba, but is he worth sacrificing in order to get Sterling in?

    Pogba ----> Sterling
    Kane ----> Rashford

    it would leave me with:

    Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Yedlin AWB Bennett
    Salah Sterling Sane Ricky Deulofeu
    Rashford Jimenez Wilson

    my other option is to get rid of Kane for Aguero for a week, roll the transfer, reassess, and leave Sterling for another week.

    obviously i won't do anything before the cup games are done.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,611 ✭✭✭✭ Father Hernandez


    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Clyne going to Bournemouth could be a decent asset for the next few months

    4.4 too, expected him to be more

    Interesting


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭ Shanotheslayer


    SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm open to thoughts on this.

    2 FTs.

    I've been a keen proponent of having Pogba, but is he worth sacrificing in order to get Sterling in?

    Pogba ----> Sterling
    Kane ----> Rashford

    it would leave me with:

    Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Yedlin AWB Bennett
    Salah Sterling Sane Ricky Deulofeu
    Rashford Jimenez Wilson

    my other option is to get rid of Kane for Aguero for a week, roll the transfer, reassess, and leave Sterling for another week.

    obviously i won't do anything before the cup games are done.

    Personally would be doing Kane to Aguero and re-assess.

    Think Aguero this week hits a nice score.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭ Pete_Cavan


    I am not convinced by Rashford, I feel anyone who doesn't have him (myself included) has missed the boat. His game time will almost certainly be reduced now and could lose his place entirely quite easily.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭ Morzadec


    A lot of talk about selling Kane, not sure what I'm missing?

    Bang on form, home to a United side that is struggling to keep clean sheets, Spurs banging in goals, and then very tasty fixtures right after.

    Seems to be due to a desire to fund Aggy, but Wolves don't roll over. He looked good against Liverpool but gassed after about 70. I see him hooked on 60-70 again in the next few games.

    Maybe there's an argument if on a wildy but not sure I'd use a transfer on it. Kane is hot property at the moment, a more stable option than Agueor imo


  • Registered Users Posts: 34,647 ✭✭✭✭ SlickRic


    Morzadec wrote: »
    A lot of talk about selling Kane, not sure what I'm missing?

    Bang on form, home to a United side that is struggling to keep clean sheets, Spurs banging in goals, and then very tasty fixtures right after.

    Seems to be due to a desire to fund Aggy, but Wolves don't roll over. He looked good against Liverpool but gassed after about 70. I see him hooked on 60-70 again in the next few games.

    Maybe there's an argument if on a wildy but not sure I'd use a transfer on it. Kane is hot property at the moment, a more stable option than Agueor imo

    my issue is I want Sterling or Aguero without selling Sane.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭ Shanotheslayer


    Morzadec wrote: »
    Aggy
    wildy

    Won't somebody please think of the children!


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭ Morzadec


    SlickRic wrote: »
    my issue is I want Sterling or Aguero without selling Sane.

    I'm feeling very light with 0 City players now!

    Personally think selling Kane for Aggy (particularly if you already have attacking City coverage) would be a bad move. But yeah it's interesting this year, I sold Auba after his 13 point haul, I do think you have to make some very bold decisions this year. Don't love this move personally, but it is a game of opinions and Aguero is someone who can deliver high rewards.

    I have my eye on him but will be banking this week barring any injuries


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,813 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    Jason puncheon heavily linked with Huddersfield
    4.2 mid


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭ Paully D


    SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm open to thoughts on this.

    2 FTs.

    I've been a keen proponent of having Pogba, but is he worth sacrificing in order to get Sterling in?

    Pogba ----> Sterling
    Kane ----> Rashford

    it would leave me with:

    Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Yedlin AWB Bennett
    Salah Sterling Sane Ricky Deulofeu
    Rashford Jimenez Wilson

    my other option is to get rid of Kane for Aguero for a week, roll the transfer, reassess, and leave Sterling for another week.

    obviously i won't do anything before the cup games are done.

    Pogba and Kane is better than Sterling and Rashford, IMO.

    You have enough for the moment in Sane I feel.

    How much would you have ITB if you downgrade Laporte to say a £5m defender?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭ Morzadec


    km79 wrote: »
    Jason puncheon heavily linked with Huddersfield
    4.2 mid

    He'll get points if he can nail a place too, proven FF cheapy


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    razorblunt wrote: »
    Was McCarthy injured for Southampton's last game or does the new manager see something in Gunn?

    Would be handy to bank the Fabianski cash and bench option to cover my Allison and Robertson defence.
    They bought Gunn for 13m in the summer so there's definitely a decent keeper there


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    4.4 too, expected him to be more

    Interesting
    I remember seeing him against United and checking his price, he was 4.6 that day. Mad that he's now 4.4

    Pre-United - 14k owners: 4.6m
    Next week - 28k owners: 4.6m
    Today - 14k owners: 4.4m
    :confused:


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭ normanoffside


    razorblunt wrote: »
    Was McCarthy injured for Southampton's last game or does the new manager see something in Gunn?

    Would be handy to bank the Fabianski cash and bench option to cover my Allison and Robertson defence.

    McCarthy was on the bench so I doubt he was injured.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ sheroman01


    Most likely Aguero in for Auba. Will then possibly WC soon to get in much needed recruits like TAA, Sterling and a decent keeper.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ GetWithIt


    Thinking Deeney, Ings > Rashford, Camara.

    Have exact money so will probably have to make the change soon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭ MicksJaguar


    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I am not convinced by Rashford, I feel anyone who doesn't have him (myself included) has missed the boat. His game time will almost certainly be reduced now and could lose his place entirely quite easily.

    All depends on waether Lukaku can return to form while he has scored 2 goals he has still not looked great to me anyways. Ole did say Rashford could be used on the right or that both could also play up top.

    It was interesting to me at least he kept him on when making changes the last day, with Alexis coming on for Martial on the left as I'm not sure how all that will play out for Martial and Alexis if both will only play on the left


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭ 2nd Row Donkey


    km79 wrote:
    Jason puncheon heavily linked with Huddersfield 4.2 mid
    Morzadec wrote:
    He'll get points if he can nail a place too, proven FF cheapy

    If he gets a run in the team he'll be Puncheon above his weight points wise in no time at all.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,832 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007


    All depends on waether Lukaku can return to form while he has scored 2 goals he has still not looked great to me anyways. Ole did say Rashford could be used on the right or that both could also play up top.

    Yea his comment and the philosophy of united will probably mean that Rashford will get a lot of game time - I wouldn't be worried about him being dropped. Over the course of the season he'll play a lot - maybe not all centrally.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭ 2nd Row Donkey


    razorblunt wrote:
    Was McCarthy injured for Southampton's last game or does the new manager see something in Gunn?
    Shedite27 wrote:
    They bought Gunn for 13m in the summer so there's definitely a decent keeper there

    I read rumours that he had disciplinary issue with former manager Mark Hughes. He was sent to the reserves after been caught having a sneaky cigarette with some of the youth players after training. Hughes said he wouldn't tolerate a smoking Gunn.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,813 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    oh my word.........i have .1 to spare for........martial to puncheon and.......mitrovic to aguero .....giving me a frontline of auba aguero and kane.......and more time to think about WC whilst also bringing in a captain and FF fav. Sorry siggy you will have to wait
    Still wpnt have salah.......


  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ CSWS101


    km79 wrote: »
    oh my word.........i have .1 to spare for........martial to puncheon and.......mitrovic to aguero .....giving me a frontline of auba aguero and kane.......and more time to think about WC whilst also bringing in a captain and FF fav. Sorry siggy you will have to wait
    Still wpnt have salah.......

    What would your midfield be?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭ VW 1


    I went Richarlison Jiminez -> Doucoure rashford and almost instantly have buyers remorse.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47,813 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    CSWS101 wrote: »
    What would your midfield be?

    For next week team would be
    Fabianski (ARS)
    Alonso (NEW) Robertson (bri) digne (BOU)
    Ricky (BOU) Fraser (eve) Anderson (ARS) pogba (tot)
    Kane (MUN) auba (why) aguero (WOL)



Advertisement