Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Need City coverage for MNF at home to Wolves. Might just swap Kane to Aguero or could do Pogba to Dilva but his mins not great with only 1 90 minute performance in league in last 8 matches (2 he didnt feature in)

Was looking at wildcarding... should I?

Foster (Hamer)

Robbo Digne Kolasinac (AWB, Zanka)

Salah Hazard Pogba Richarlison (Diangana)

Kane Wilson Jimenez

I have 3 players bolded I would never play and still have Bench Boost so need these cleaned up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sounds like a bit of an Aguero bandwagon taking shape here.

Could ditch Aubumeyang for him.

Next few look a no brianer:
    Aguero: WOL, hud, new
    Aubumeyang: whu, CHE, car

Then they play each other before Arsenal take a nice fixture run.

Might be a 3 week jump on Aguero for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

That’s what I’ll be doing, Kane to Kun for a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

bantee wrote: »
    That’s what I’ll be doing, Kane to Kun for a few weeks

Not sure why selling Kane makes sense. Got him in myself in game week 17 and in the 5 games since he has got 5 goals and three assists including two games with double digit FPL points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I keep saying it but Kane just keeps on trundling along. He's not playing that we'll. Take tonight for example in the league cup yet he tucks away a penalty albeit thanks to VAR.

He definitely is playing deeper and don't know what it is and haven't seen stats but he looks very leggy. He was never super quick but he really looks slow at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    I keep saying it but Kane just keeps on trundling along. He's not playing that we'll. Take tonight for example in the league cup yet he tucks away a penalty albeit thanks to VAR.

He definitely is playing deeper and don't know what it is and haven't seen stats but he looks very leggy. He was never super quick but he really looks slow at times

Agree 100%
    It’s a tough one for me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I have some minor surgery to do on my team,2 transfers, no City or Spurs.
    Fab,(HAMER)
    Lindelhof,Alonso,Bennett,Wan B,(BALBUENO)
    Hazard,Salah,Pogba,Richarlison,(SNODGRASS)
    Auba,Rashford,(INGS)
    .1 short of Balbueno,Snodgrass,Ings to TAA, Puncheon,Deeney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

mugsymugsy wrote: »

When Son is gone he will have to play further forward so that will tell us all. I wouldn't buy but I wouldn't sell either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of an Aguero bandwagon taking shape here.

Could ditch Aubumeyang for him.

Next few look a no brianer:
    Aguero: WOL, hud, new
    Aubumeyang: whu, CHE, car

Then they play each other before Arsenal take a nice fixture run.

Might be a 3 week jump on Aguero for me.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dahat wrote:
    When Son is gone he will have to play further forward so that will tell us all. I wouldn't buy but I wouldn't sell either!

He didn't do well earlier in the season when Son wasn't playing. He was playing just as deep with Lucas ahead of him most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He didn't do well earlier in the season when Son wasn't playing. He was playing just as deep with Lucas ahead of him most of the time.

Eriksen and Alli missed a good portion of the start of the season, they are back and Eriksen in particular is going well. I’m thinking of captaining Kane this weekend, they’re against a leaky team who will be gung-ho, it’s ideal for Kane IMO. Salah is up against a team that’s tight at home. United have conceded 19 away goals, Brighton have conceded 11 home goals and never more than two this season home or away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'd like to switch from Auba to Aguero for a couple of GWs but it will cost me a lot in funds. I'd be selling Auba for less than I buy Aguero and if I switch back, I'd almost certainly be paying more again for Auba then I sell Aguero for. Seems ridiculous that Aguero hasn't dropped in value more, he is selected in less teams now than he was in GW1 yet he costs 0.2 more now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

macraignil wrote: »
    Not sure why selling Kane makes sense. Got him in myself in game week 17 and in the 5 games since he has got 5 goals and three assists including two games with double digit FPL points.

Kane is actually top scorer this season. That kinda hit me by surprise. He's quietly doing the business. And always has the ability to bag a hat-trick any given week. I'll be keeping him for the season.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Kane is actually top scorer this season. That kinda hit me by surprise. He's quietly doing the business. And always has the ability to bag a hat-trick any given week. I'll be keeping him for the season.

The frustration with owning him has been he hasn’t looked like hitting a hat trick in the captaincy games
    He could hit a hat trick in a game like Sunday when he won’t be highly captained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    The frustration with owning him has been he hasn’t looked like hitting a hat trick in the captaincy games
    He could hit a hat trick in a game like Sunday when he won’t be highly captained

Thanks for putting the clap on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

there would be no issue with Kane if there weren't other options - Auba, Aguero, Salah, Hazard, Sterling - who are all taking up budget space and are all doing the business to different levels, and often at different times.

if Kane scores low one week, Auba could easily outscore him, then all of a sudden you want Auba. but then Kane could easily score well the following week.

it will wreck your head if you try to get them all when they fire their best scores. IMO, it's ok to rotate them a little to coincide with particularly good fixtures, but in reality Kane, Auba and Aguero are all likely to hit similar scores over the season. Salah and Sterling will be comparable. etc etc. unless one hits a particularly rich vein of form while others fall off a cliff, most of the time it might just be sensible to hold whoever you have.

now, that's easy for me to say as someone who is having a good season (luckily), but chopping and changing great FPL assets, in my experience, leads to a lot of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

With Solanke joining Bournemouth, is it time to ship out Wilson? For 19 mil transfer fee, Solanke is hardly going to be on the bench most weeks. I’m guessing Wilson won’t get as much gametime now as a result. Also the possibility that Wilson may also transfer out of Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

thunderdog wrote: »
    With Solanke joining Bournemouth, is it time to ship out Wilson? For 19 mil transfer fee, Solanke is hardly going to be on the bench most weeks. I’m guessing Wilson won’t get as much gametime now as a result. Also the possibility that Wilson may also transfer out of Bournemouth

They've left an 11m signing from the summer on their bench nearly all season. You'd be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

unless Wilson is leaving, he's not being benched. he's their only proper threat in behind, and he's their best finisher by a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Solanke is out till Feb isnt he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Even forgetting about his incredible form, from a financial point of view Wilson is probably a £40m striker in this market so it doesn't make sense to say a £19m signing will oust him!

£19m isn't what it used to be for a mid-table club

Morzadec wrote: »
    Even forgetting about his incredible form, from a financial point of view Wilson is probably a £40m striker in this market so it doesn't make sense to say a £19m signing will oust him!

£19m isn't what it used to be for a mid-table club
    Exactly
    They paid 18 ml for Jordan Ibe which is probably 30ml today and he ain’t first choice
    6ml for brad smith !!!!!!
    They must have shares in Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah I’m not expecting Wilson to be benched, but you’d imagine he won’t be getting quite as many minutes as he got up until now.

I’ll hold for now and assess the lay of the land over the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did hamer to guaita. Means I now dont have to play Patricio every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mitrovic owners....what are ye doing? Is he due a haul or will the red mist finally descend??

Tempted to bank and use 2 FT's to sort things out a bit more next week.

I've zero in the bank so very limited options :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Did hamer to guaita. Means I now dont have to play Patricio every week.

I am going Guaita in as well, only decision is to do it for Hamer or Fabianski

Think it will be Fabianski as that .8 can be put to work elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Ok, with the Aguero injury/ flu niggle I'm now looking at:

Mountinho to Camarasa, and
    Ings to Jiminez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Mitrovic owners....what are ye doing? Is he due a haul or will the red mist finally descend??

Tempted to bank and use 2 FT's to sort things out a bit more next week.

I've zero in the bank so very limited options :confused:

I'll be getting rid as soon as I can, which will probably be next week as a part of 2 or 3 transfers. He's been due a haul for too long.

I might even try to get Aguero in for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ings & sterling out - Deeney & Hazard in - 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

but1er wrote: »
    Ings & sterling out - Deeney & Hazard in - 4

Funny I was thinking of going the other way sterling got a rest last night and even though it's hard to sell hazard before Newcastle I'm not sure I'm comfortable captaining him

Advertisement