Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Clerical Officer Campaign 2017 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SoolsDublin

Ertin wrote: »
    Hi, I have been keeping an eye on this thread from early on but is my first post. Passed my interview a couple of weeks ago and am in Batch 4, just wanted to say thanks to the various people that put up tips & info about interviews it was very useful.
    I've seen a couple of people say there is 400 in batch 2 & others say 1000 just wondering if anyone had a definitive answer on it and batch 3 as i contacted PAS earlier and they could only say how far along they are but couldn't give out how many are in each batch?

Hi, When I contacted Pas a few weeks back ,i was told there is 390 people in batch 2 . I was unsure if this was 390 people out of 1000 passed the interview or 390 people total stage 2.

Did they say what number they were at today please . I'm in the 100s batch 3 so can't tell you any higher than that in my batch

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ertin

Hi, When I contacted Pas a few weeks back ,i was told there is 390 people in batch 2 . I was unsure if this was 390 people out of 1000 passed the interview or 390 people total stage 2.

Did they say what number they were at today please . I'm in the 100s batch 3 so can't tell you any higher than that in my batch

They said today they were in the 300's so suppose will find out soon enough if people from batch 3 start posting they've been contacted

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paperhelper

They said today they were in the 300's so suppose will find out soon enough if people from batch 3 start posting they've been contacted

I am in the 310s and gone into clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

How long does clearance usually take? Got an email 2 weeks ago saying my number was reached, that they had to check references and process everything before they could even tell me a department. I said it was fine, no contact since then though and they didn't ask me to submit anything or do anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Can anyone give me a bit of advice ?Starting in Justice early January. Have had a long weekend away booked for 8th February prior to my job offer. Would be looking for the Friday and Monday off after only a month in the job. Anyone envisage this being a problem? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭sully123

Can anyone give me a bit of advice ?Starting in Justice early January. Have had a long weekend away booked for 8th February prior to my job offer. Would be looking for the Friday and Monday off after only a month in the job. Anyone envisage this being a problem? Thanks

Civil Service.

No Problemo!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jobseeker2018

Just say it the day you start, there will be no problems. You will have leave to use between January and the end of March anyway and your leave is nearly automatically awarded to you. Plus if it's a little bit more than a month, you could work up flexi leave and that's a total of 11 hours & 7 minutes for 1 and half days leave. You can build that up every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Hi guys I’ve been place in An Garda Siochana in Harcourt Square anyone any experience of working with the guards? I have previous experience with the CS and am a few rungs up the pay scale do I have to go right back to first point of the scale? Is flexi time available with the garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

Hi, I have been keeping an eye on this thread from early on but is my first post. Passed my interview a couple of weeks ago and am in Batch 4, just wanted to say thanks to the various people that put up tips & info about interviews it was very useful.
    I've seen a couple of people say there is 400 in batch 2 & others say 1000 just wondering if anyone had a definitive answer on it and batch 3 as i contacted PAS earlier and they could only say how far along they are but couldn't give out how many are in each batch?

Hi I’m in batch 4 and still waiting to be called to interview can you give me an idea of what OOM you were

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ertin

abellew wrote: »
    Hi I’m in batch 4 and still waiting to be called to interview can you give me an idea of what OOM you were

Yeah i'm 4.1 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 abellew

I’m in Batch 4 OOM in the early 100’s I wasn’t given a .1 or .2

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jobseeker2018

Quick question: once evetting is submitted and then the disclosure made & viewed for those who have completed this how long between that and hearing back from PAS? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Quick question: once evetting is submitted and then the disclosure made & viewed for those who have completed this how long between that and hearing back from PAS? TIA

About 2 weeks....

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    Finally got my message yesterday to say I have been assigned to AGS...

How long after this message did you hear from AGS Personnel directly...

Hi how you finding the AGs office ?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

15weeks and still waiting for clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

"Hello,

xxxxx has passed your file to me to continue with the clearance.

A reference is still outstanding from your referee. Can you please speak to your employer regarding the reference?

If we cannot secure a reference by Monday, December 3rd, your application will receive no further consideration"

Just got this from PAS. They hae asked me 2 weeks ago was it ok to check reference and I said it was. Is it not up to them to contact my reference? Did people get a letter and send it in? Thought surely they would usually contact them on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

tgdaly wrote: »
    "Hello,

A reference is still outstanding from your referee. Can you please speak to your employer regarding the reference?

If we cannot secure a reference by Monday, December 3rd, your application will receive no further consideration"

Just got this from PAS. They hae asked me 2 weeks ago was it ok to check reference and I said it was. Is it not up to them to contact my reference? Did people get a letter and send it in? Thought surely they would usually contact them on your behalf

They sent my employer a form to fill out through email. Id get onto your employer and ask have they heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EllG

tgdaly wrote: »
    "Hello,

Also get your employer to check their spam emails im pretty sure my employer said the email was in there

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Think mine was 8 days. Shouldn't be long now

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Leela82

Does anyone know if there is flexi time with the guards?

• Advertisement

Leela82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is flexi time with the guards?

Yes there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

I work currently for an employer who has a company policy of no references just a signed sheet to say I work there. So I just put down my former employers and a chairman of sporting organisation I play for. Does anyone think that will be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭only girl

I've been assigned to a department since Friday but haven't heard from anyone from that office yet. Is this the usual process? How long do you think I'll have to wait before I get a start date ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ciao Belle

dub70 wrote: »
    15weeks and still waiting for clearance

I was waiting for special clearance from end of May to end of September. Only got through clearance with PAS mid November and am starting work 7th January 2019...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

I was waiting for special clearance from end of May to end of September. Only got through clearance with PAS mid November and am starting work 7th January 2019...

There is something wrong with the whole system. No other country takes this long to vet people. Where are you being assigned?

Have you been sent your contract yet?

Leela82 wrote: »
    Have you been sent your contract yet?

No contract yet....you? Maybe I shouldnt be counting my chickens...

dub70 wrote: »
    There is something wrong with the whole system. No other country takes this long to vet people. Where are you being assigned?

An Garda Siochana.

No contract yet....you? Maybe I shouldnt be counting my chickens...

Nope, Still haven’t been told where I’m going!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Killester1

Thanks to all for posting on this board. I’m batch 2....Oom 362.....I’ve just received an email from clearance to contact them. I’ve no other details. At last ! 😎

Advertisement